Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Ireland
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 18:24
aka Celestine

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 247/185/160 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 71%

Scarlet, try eating sausages or bologna, or tuna salad with mayo. Any of those will up your fat pdq.

Carmel, its great that you're swimming, its supposed to be one of the best overall exercises you can do. (So I have heard, definitely don't know that from experience). I am going to have to start exercising, but am so lazy it's pitiful.

Liz
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 15:31

Plan: south beach diet
Stats: 231/202/154 Female 5ft 4inches
BF:37%/34.1%/25%
Progress: 38%

Hi girls, and how are we all doing, I do agree with you liz, swimming is the best exercise, but its not for me , I need to stay out of public view, if you know what I mean!! I do a bit of exercise at home, a very small bit, it's only been a week, but I can feel it in my clothes, I bought a suit for the confirmation in march, a size to small of course, and I am going to work my hardest, to fit into it. I can feel a prayer coming on!!!
  #33   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 17:04

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 249/ 199/175 Female 68 INCHES
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Exercise

Goodevening all,am I happy or what?,today shops. I had to buy a new pair of jeans as all my other pants are now far too lose on me .I was a size 24/26 and today I bought a generous size 20!I am still in shock.One more stone and I can shop in normal shops as opposed to outsize.I put a lot down to the fact that I now swim 5 times a week,eventhough my weight loss still has a way to go I have definitely toned up and that is why I think I can fit into a size 20.I know I am not a pretty sight in my swimsuit, but I see it as a means to a smaller end (my end)!!.I love the water and I like to think that in a previous life I was a mermaid, but knowing my luck it was a whale, still I like whales-very gracefull creatures.When I started swimming last Oct. I could only swim 5 lengths of a 25mtr.pool I can now do 35lengths and hope to increase to 40 by March.Remember it realy does not matter to anyone else what you look like now,it is what you look like as you get toward your goal weight that matters.I think it is too hard to lose a large amount of weight like I have to lose without me doing some form of exercise,for me it's swimming,and remember when there is a lot of weight to be shed ,if it is shed just by a diet alone the skin will just hang there,and I for one do not want to go through all this denial only to end up looking like one of those dogs with all that saggy skin(I cannot remember their name).To be very honest when I reach a weight that I feel is healthy and after exercise I am still left with skin that will not go back to where it should ,I would think about cosmetic surgery,just to finish the job I started,do you think I'm mad?.
  #34   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 17:51
aka Celestine

BF:

Glenellen, I wouldnt be caught dead in a swimsuit either! Yet I am so envious of Carmel's attitude about it. I wish I could be that way.

I know that feeling of fitting into smaller sizes, and it is wonderful. Probably the best indicator of progress on this diet (oops, woe).

As to the question of cosmetic surgery - I am already saving my money for a tummy tuck, and maybe a facelift too! My belly is just kind of squishy and starting to have a little overhang over my c-section scar. (Im sorry to gross anyone out, but there you have it). Even if I hadn't gained so much weight I might have done it anyway - have had 4 babies, one of whom weighed over 10 lbs, so I got pretty much stretched to the max from my pregnancies.

Liz
  #35   ^
Old Wed, Feb-11-04, 18:11

Stats: 230/149/125 Female 5feet 2inches
BF:
Progress: 77%

Thanks for the ideas Liz. I had sausage for breakfast today. I could only find mild Italian without wheat but it tasted great with some scrambled eggs. I forgot all about bologna(love it fried). I am still trying to get a taste for that fatty mayo.

I'm with you Carmel. I had to put on size 18 pants yesterday because the 20's were falling off. I only have 2 pair of 18's but hopefully I will not be in them long enough to have to buy more.Thanks for sharing the great attitude. You make me want to exercise. As for the surgery if you work this hard to look that good I say go for it. I would gladly get a nip and tuck even a lift here and there (espically after feeding two boys).
  #36   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 15:21

BF:

Hi to you all,this is just a quick post to tell you all that I lost 2lbs this week .My darling hubby has prepared a lovely adkins friendly dinner for Valentines ,because we are having family staying over tomorrow night.White wine/champange need I say more !!God only knowe's the damage on the scales,but tomorrow's another day and all that.Thank you all for your support about the ""nip&tuck" and also about my wareing a swimsuit ,it all helps you know!.
  #37   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 08:24

Hi ladies its nice to get some happy vibes from all of you, and to get to the point, I have lost 3lbs this week not good, I was expecting a bit more I was very good all week, but I will struggle on. I told the hubby to stir clear of all that yummy yummy chocolate, so I will have some wine tonight and hope this craving will disapear. carmel its a wonderful feeling to drop a dress size or two and liz 10lb babies OUCH! mine were only 7lbs and I put on 4stone which I lost after my first but refused to shift after my second and I grew from there. kathyspice who is that cheeky little blonde in the photo ? so good luck tonight girls I know there are lots of men out there just waiting to spoil you all.
  #38   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 15:47

BF:

Hi All. Congrats on losing. I am down 1 pound this week. Not too bad after the birthday party last weekend so I guess I'm back on track. Glenellen you should be very proud of 3 pounds.
Good luck tonight everyone
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 12:30
aka Celestine

BF:

Glenellen, 3 lbs. in a week is awesome! You should be thrilled! I lost 1 lb. and am happy. I think we are all doing great. I'm betting we all make our St. Pat's goal, so lets hang in there - Knowing that you all are doing well so far is really helping to keep me motivated.

Liz
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 12:35

Plan: Atkins/PP mix??
Stats: 255/247/165 Male 71.5 inches
BF:35%/33%/15%
Progress: 9%
Default Maternal Flannagan Here My better half

Being half Irish, The better half..Can I join your challenge?

I would love to lose 15 before March 14th which is very close.

Erin Go Braugh
I think I'll change my Avatar!!!
  #41   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 13:18

BF:

Hi Bfritz-pa ,of course you can join the challenge.How are you finding the induction phase of this wol?,if there are any questions you want answered,or things you are unsure about I will do my best to help,as I have been lowcarbing since Oct..I can honestly say that I have never felt so good as I do now,I only wish I had heard about this way of eating 10 years ago instead of all that low-fat rubbish that only ever left me feeling hungry and then I would binge .With the execption of one hour on Christmass night I have not cheated on Atkins once!!!,that is 21 weeks cheat free.A feat never before achieved by your's truly.
  #42   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 15:29

Hi ladies and welcome bfritz-pa, thanks everyone for your support, carmel I am with you on that low fat thing it was all rubbish, but it works for some, but unlike you I have buckled under pressure, I have cheated only because of family meetings and alcohol does that make me a dipso?
  #43   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 10:56

BF:

Hi all!

I had a bit of bad luck this week. I had some kind of stomach bug and all I could eat was crackers for two days. Yesterday I managed to squeeze in some cheese.
I am finally back on track but with all those carbs I am afraid of my scale. I think I will be avoiding it the rest of the week untill the water weight goes away. The cravings haven't hit yet so maybe I'll escape them. I picked up some sugar free chocolate just in case.

Have a great day! Try not to get down glenellen. You are doing great. I think a little slip dosen't make you a dipso. One day at a time. I know if I can do it so can you.

Great job Carmel. You give us all inspiration.

Last edited by Scarlet 96 : Wed, Feb-18-04 at 11:07.
  #44   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 13:20

BF:

Hi Glenellen,banish such a word fromy y our vocabulary (dipso).The way I see it ,it took most of us a l-o-n-g time to become overweight and new ways of handling family situations or whatever will not happen overnight.So if you slip up from time to time so what?.As for alcohol-I reckon I suffer from that body dysmorphia syndrome except in reverse,when I have too much to drink I think I look thin!!!!!!.
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Feb-20-04, 04:28

Hi ladies, scarlet I hope your feeling better and carmel you have a good way with words, im a free woman again all the in-laws and their kids have gone back home(thankfully) I have lost 2lbs this week which is not to bad because I have been very naughty and I diden't even do any exercises, I just diden't get the time, so Its back to the grind stone for me!! and I hope you all done well.