Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Quick Meals & Snacks
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jan-25-04, 22:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 297.5/272.5/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%
Smile My FAVORITE LaTortilla recipes!!

Hey guys...thought I would share some of my favorite LaTortilla recipes I have thought up. Surprisingly, being on this WOL yields some very weird, but intuitive recipes to be thought up! I'm sure some (if not most) of you know this!

Anyways, if you have not experienced the ever-so-great LaTortilla's...please do yourself a favor and purchase them here. They are truly one of the reasons I stay on this WOL. They are a life saver for me!!

OK, below are some of my favorite treats I whip up with my LaTortilla's!

1) Pizza Roll-Ups
I take one (or sometimes 2 or 3 ) LaTortilla's and spread some pizza sauce over it. After that, sprinkle some mozzarella (or any cheese you wish) evenly over the sauce. After that...add some Hormel Pepperoni and put in the microwave for 1 minute. They are hot when they come out, so make sure you leave them sit for awhile. Finally...roll them up and enjoy! It takes care of my pizza craving!! (along with the pizza quiche )

2) Mexican Burritos
Well, the name says itself. Add some beef, lettuce, salsa, cheese, sour cream, and bam! Burritos! Of course, you can pick and choose what you want to put on them.

3) Chipotle Burritos
All humans should be so fortunate as to experience Chipotle burritos. If you do not have a Chipotle near you, I must say I am truly, truly sorry for you. But those of you who do...read on!! Don't let their tortillas stop you from eating there! Get a burrito bowl with chicken or steak and add all the fixin's you want. Go home, slap everything on a large LaTortilla, warm it up for a few in the microwave and wam! Your very own Chipotle burrito!!

4) Breakfast Burritos
One of my favorite breakfast foods. I scramble up 3 eggs to distribute evenly between 2 burritos. I also add some cooked sausage, bacon, ham, or any meat really. Shredded cheese is a good addition also. I also splash some hot sauce on there! Excellent!

5) Dogs In A Wrap
Cook one or two hotdogs and place them in the middle of a LaTortilla along with a slice of whatever cheese you like. Put in microwave until cheese is melted. Dip in Atkins Ketchup too!!! mmmmmm

6) Cream Cheese Roll-Up
Once again, the title syas it all. It may sound a little gross...but I enjoy it! Spread some Philadelphia 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese (the 1/3 less fat has less carbs than the original!) along the Tortilla. Wrap up and enjoy.

Well, that's all I can think of now. I'm sure there's more.

Everyone, please feel free to comment on these and add your own as well. Just wanted to share some of my personal favorites! Hopefully you will use some of them!

Take care everyone, and happy LCing!

-Todd
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 02:40
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

I've made some pizza with La Tortilla. Spread butter on a totilla and put it on a pizza pan and Broil it until the butter begins to bubble (that usually means the totilla is getting crisppy too. Add cheese and pepperoni generously and put back in the broiler until the cheese melts.

I've also made a peanut butter and jelly sandwich (Jelly from a company called 50-50).

Yum...btw..thanks for sharing yours too, I'm sure I'll use one or two.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 06:49
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

todzilla...........I am like you with the LaTortilla's..lol.. I keep finding new ways to use them for me and my children..
Since it hasn't stopped my weightloss that is..I make my own Subway version of ranch bacon chicken wrap since I didn't care for their prices or portions.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 07:08

Plan: moderate carb, WW
Stats: 274/245.2/200 Male 5 feet 9 inches
BF:36%
Progress: 39%

Toddzilla - have you ever tried to make tortilla chips or a taco salad bowl with LaTortillas? I would be interested in trying. . .
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 10:11

Stats: 282/236/150 Female 67.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 35%

I love the green onion ones . . . fried in some oil until they "puff" up . . . then patted dry and bent into chalupa form. mmmmm

I also do the breakfast burrito, a tuna salad w/cheddar cheese melt, and quesadillas w/cheese and chicken and mushrooms or spinach (just fold it over in half while cooking). Yum!

Thanks for all the good ideas for pizza! I hadn't tried those yet.

Sue
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 10:17
Registered Member

Plan: Low Carbing
Stats: 323/318/200 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 4%

where can a person buy the la tortilla at i have not seen them or maybe dont know where to get them.
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 11:50

Plan: PP/PPLP
Stats: 145/117/127 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 156%

smilinka - My local Health Food store carries them so you may want to check stores in your area. They are also available on line at either www.netrition.com or www.vitaglo.com.
  #8   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 20:21

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/135/145 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 133%

one of my favorite ones is the wheat onew with natural peanutbutter, and all fruit jelly. A good old pb & J sandwich. They are great
  #9   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 20:44

Stats: 297.5/272.5/210 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Could someone share a link for LC Jelly? I would LOVE some!!
  #10   ^
Old Mon, Jan-26-04, 22:53

Stats: 175/135/145 Female 5ft 3in
BF:
Progress: 133%

You can get it at your health food store or at Trader Joes the one I use is steels strawberry very good
  #11   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 12:57

Stats: 210/204/140 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 9%

I like the tortillas for dessert. Fry a whole wheat one in some butter, sprinkle with cinnamon and slenda, or drizzle with SF Chocolate syrup. Or SF jam and whipped cream.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 02:27
Northern Mike

Plan: This time? LOL..
Stats: 251/228/190 Male 73 inches
BF:Weight in journal
Progress: 38%

I found the La Totilla brand of lo carb totilla's in Kroger. I think that's where I found the Jelly from a company called 50-50 too. Check with the store manager, sometimes they'll get the stuff even if they don't normally carry it.
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 13:01

Plan: atkins since 1-21-03
Stats: 210/155/125 Female 5 ft. 3 in.
BF:
Progress: 65%

for jelly try smuckers light or low sugar - in some areas the smuckers light or low sugar are made with splenda in other areas it is made with nutrasweet. about $2-$3 a jar.

i like the KETO brand jelly has only 2 carbs made with splenda but it is very expensive like $5.99 a jar. small jars!
  #14   ^
Old Mon, Feb-02-04, 20:20

Stats: 260/223/120 Female 5 feet 4 inches
BF:
Progress: 26%
Default La Tortilla's?

Where do you get La Tortilla's?
  #15   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 13:34
{{{Kickin Ash}}}

Plan: Atkins 1972
Stats: 223/190/160 Female 5ft8
BF:OUT OF CONTROL
Progress: 52%

You can order them online or go to a health food store. I like D`lites emporium.
I ordered on their website till I found out they were only 15 minutes from me, lol. I pick up 4 packages at a time and keep in freezer. If I don't the kids and DH will eat them in a flash.