Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > General Health
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 11:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

"shat rat"
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 12:08

Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%

I use ground flaxseed as my colon blow everyday - about 4 tablespoons worth. I think the fiber is 8 grams and it has fat and protein (good for ye old Atkins plan).
  #48   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 12:19
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

This is bizarre. All that pseudo-science jargon about having "toxins" in your guts is, pardon the pun, a load of crap. Colon cancer isn't caused by a deficiency of harsh laxatives. As long as you take in sufficient fiber, your colon is self-cleansing. The cells themselves only live for a few days; they replenish themselves constantly.

I think the colon cleasing phenomenon is quackery: an invented cure for a sickness that doesn't exist.

Btw, this has nothing to do with Atkins, so I moved it.

Last edited by Kristine : Tue, Jan-27-04 at 12:45.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 12:53

Stats: 238/234/175 Female 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 6%

operaghost:
Where do you buy pyslium husk? Does Kmart or any pharmacy carry it?
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 13:07

Stats: 206/144/135 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 87%

Kristine-

I kinda see where you are coming from-- I don't go for all the cleansing hocus-pocus talk either. It not some kind of wondeerful healing magic. If I'm gonna get cancer I'll get it regardless and all this other wonderful stuff won't happen either.

I don't know what Groove Jocks motivation was for using this product. For me, put simply, I just really have a problem going! Before this WOE I wasn't big on the fruits and veggies. I wouldn't be uncommon for me to average about once per week (quite often 2 weeks!). Now that I eat my veggies everyday I'm averaging 2 (maybe 3 if I'm really lucky) times per week on good weeks but frequently still have entire weeks that pass with nothing. That's usually when my Smooth Move tea comes into play.

For me it's not about losing weight or even being all worried about cancer. First of all, it's UNCOMFORTABLE! And secondly, I don't know what ill effects this may have for me down the road but taking in way more than what's coming out for your entire life just CAN'T be good.

Just another side of the story I guess . . .

And I STILL can't believe I'm talking about this!
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 13:57

Plan: Dukan & Running
Stats: 195.2/155.4/155 Female 5'9.5"
BF:Jigglin'/less/firm
Progress: 99%

I was sure that sight was just a joke till I read on further....GrooveJock, did you buy the t-shirt too??
The whole thing seems silly to me, you lose a few pounds of shit, and it comes back when you start eating again! That's just how it is....we have miles and miles of intestines and stuff, it's not supposed to be empty all the time!
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 14:16

Stats: 214.9/187/150 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 43%

I have a friend the had chronic fatigue. She, and others, healed themselves. They figured that it was a body toxicity problem and tried everything they heard of, documenting their results for each other. Part of this was of course colon cleansing. The intention to get the scunge off the walls. It may be true that the cells constantly reproduce, but it follows that if there is a bunch of mucousy gunk the cells will not be sloughed off. That is the trouble. Clean off the gunk, the old cells are eliminated and the pipes can carry more material. Their rule was to look for a foot long, size of a dollar and floaty fluffy(showed enough fiber and fat content). The aim was also for a BM per meal. Univerally, they all regained their health, while others in the larger group they left, did not.

Here's the thing. Today doctors say whatever your body does is what is normal for you. It seems like a cop out. Liver flukes are an example of this. When doctors first began operating on people there was little or no evidence of liver flukes. Now they find alot. Alot is normal now, because everyone has them. How can it be normal? It was not normal 100 years ago. Do new borns have liver flukes or musous coated colons? I bet not, and that is the body in pristine condition.

The whole colon blow deal is to get the gunk off the sides of the pipes. The trick once you have done it, I think is to keep it clean.
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 14:35

Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%

Kristine - Thank you!!! I've been waiting for a sane voice in this thread!
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 16:32

Plan: Bernstein Diabetes Soluti
Stats: 260/-/145 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Normal physiology of the colon:
http://www.vet.purdue.edu/vtdl/tmp/...lrge_intstn.htm

Note...mucus is supposed to be there and it serves a purpose. There are special cells within the colon whose sole purpose is to produce mucus. Why would you want to remove it?

A little more light reading on the subject:
http://www.quackwatch.org/01Quacker...ics/gastro.html

If you're constipated, that's one thing, but trying to "clean" something that doesn't need clensing (and the body does what it needs to already along those lines) seems a bit silly and a waste of money.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 21:04

Plan: Keto + IF (16/8)
Stats: 218/171/170 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress: 98%

GrooveJ- Any updates?

I should be getting my CB in the mail tomorrow.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 21:45
"Natural Mystic"

Stats: 178/108/120 Female 5' 1"
BF:45%/17%/15%
Progress: 121%

Chrisr is the next shat rat!

Okay, I don't think I'll be trying it. I'll stick with psyllium husks (2 tablespoons). I don't feel good unless I go three times a day at least. Try it y'all.

No discomfort like senna.

red
  #57   ^
Old Wed, Jan-28-04, 00:13
Forum Founder

Plan: LC, GF
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Colonblow ingredients:

the powder = psyllium, with stevia sweetener and natural plant flavors.

the capsules = cascara sagrada bark, fig, prune, senna leaf, cascara sagrada extract, senna extract, magnesium sulfate

Cascara and senna are cathartic laxatives .. basically they act by irritating the intestine, increasing the strength of the contractions which moves the contents along more quickly . Senna also pulls water from the walls of the intestine, thus keeping the stool softer.

Magnesium sulfate = epsom salts, which also pulls water from the intestinal wall into the stool to make it looser.

FWIW, digestive juices and pancreatic secretions in the small intestine are green. The pigments are normally reabsorbed in the colon, however a strong laxative will zoom things along before any proper absorption can take place. This is likely the cause of the green stools reported by someone earlier in the thread.

This product is just a combination of psyllium fiber with a strong laxative, nothing more.

Doreen
  #58   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 05:32

Stats: 268/200/190 Male 5'9
BF:28%/14%/8%
Progress: 87%

wooooooohhh....

Sorry it has taken me so long to respond. I was out all day yesterday. First, the reason I decided to use ColonBlow is because I have had an extremely "rough" time (pun intended) in the bathroom. So bad that I have seen blood. A friend that has used CB in the past recommend it to be so I tried it.
I had my last release last night. It felt very good to have a normal ...poop.

Now, I dont know if my woosh is a result of CB, but last weeks weigh in was 191 and this morning is was 185, YES 185. (I did fast w/ prot. shakes)

So..... ColonBlow..... Will I do it again? Yes.
in about 6 months and I will fast again (with shakes)
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Jan-29-04, 07:17

Plan: Keto + IF (16/8)
Stats: 218/171/170 Male 5'10
BF:
Progress: 98%

thanks for the info. I will post my results too.... minus the pictures.
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Jan-30-04, 08:59
empress of fashion

Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I am not the author of this but could not resist the urge to "pass" it on to all of you....

Sing to the tune of Kodachrome by Paul Simon:

When I think back to all the crap
I have in my system
It's a wonder I can walk at all
And since my lack of crapping
might hurt me plenty
I need to blow it on a wall

Colon Blow
It gives me the nice brown color
It gives me the smell of the sewer
Makes me think the world
is a runny mess oh yeah