Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 15:41
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 292/190.5/180 Male 75 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 91%

Well, I have found this product here in small town KS!!!! Has anyone tried cooking with it?, or making Homemade Icecream???????????? I agree with some others hoping it could replace the heavy cream in some of my cooking.......wondering if anyone has tried it yet?

Kansas5
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Fri, Jan-23-04, 20:23

Plan: atkins, southbeach
Stats: 208/183/178 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 83%

oh my god, i am happy to have found this thread and every one is as nuts as I am about this stuff. The chocolate milk is way to good...its so good, its dangerous! I am finally happy that I will have some milk in my diet and not feel as guilty when I pound down a cup.
  #78   ^
Old Tue, Jan-27-04, 15:48

Stats: 240.2/227.4/164 Female 69 inches
BF:mini goal 225
Progress: 17%

I found it and it's great to make sugar free pudding with. I was using fat free milk but it had a lot of carbs still! This has 8 grams less carbs, it's a definite must buy now. I haven't tried the chocolate yet, but am going to get it next time I am there. Love Chocolate, Love Chocolate milk!
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Feb-01-04, 09:35

Plan: South Beach-starting Mon
Stats: 210/190/140 Female 5'4
BF:46.8%/41.8%/goal??
Progress: 29%

I don't know if anyone already mentioned these locations-but I have found this milk at my local Safeway, as well as my local King Soopers (owned by Kroger) and City Market back home when I go home to visit from college (also owned by Kroger). Anyways, a friend of mine who lc's who lives down the dorm hall picked up some chocolate, and said it was really good. I picked some up, and I agree, it is pretty good. The only thing is that it is really really thick, so I only drink a little at a time. It's probably better that way, though.
  #80   ^
Old Wed, Mar-03-04, 14:29

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

I have seen this product several times at Kroger (not the Chocolate, but I hear SuperTarget has it there...). I am very weary of trying low carb products (I could open my own store with all the "once used" low carb products I have purchased over the years), BUT, I LOVE chocolate milk, so I may give this a try! I would imagine it would be best really really cold, and just the thought makes my mouth water!!!!! I generally make homemade ice cream with FF Half and Half and Heavy Cream, but this could take the place of one of them perhaps. Oh, if I can add Milk back into my life I will be very happy!!!!!!!
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Mar-09-04, 20:13
Registered Member

Stats: 260/201/175 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 69%

Found this today at Sams Club...... Only had the Chocolate.... but it is pretty good....... and dangerous! Can't wait to find the regular.... would love to have a bowl of cerial once in a while!
  #82   ^
Old Fri, Mar-12-04, 11:54

Plan: PPLP Intervention
Stats: 206/160/135 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 65%

Found it, tried the chocolate and OMG! I have to put chains on my fridge now! And to have to drink it within 7 days of opening???? NOT A PROBLEM! It is now my nightly "dessert", just a half a glass or so, but it is so refreshing and good tasting!!!!! SO GLAD I found this! Now I don't miss milk so much!!!
  #83   ^
Old Sat, Mar-13-04, 00:05

Plan: .
Stats: 001/002/003 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerod
Found this today at Sams Club...... Only had the Chocolate.... but it is pretty good....... and dangerous! Can't wait to find the regular.... would love to have a bowl of cerial once in a while!

Trader Joe's is carrying the 2% Carb Countdown only. But I've found all 4 varieties of Carb Countdown at several stores in this area including Bell Market in San Carlos, Mollie Stones in San Mateo and Safeway.

In fact, both Bell and Mollie Stones have Carb Countdown on sale this week! The word seems to be getting around.

Now, if there were places besides Sams Club that carried the Carb Countdown Yogurt..... !
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Mar-15-04, 10:15

Stats: 167/158/147 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 45%

Any WISCONSINITES, I found it at Woodmans.
It is absolutely delish, and I just had the WHITE, but I do miss milk w/ this WOL.
It was $2.69 or 2.89 for 1/2 gallon, I don't think that is too bad.

Heidi
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Mar-16-04, 18:53

Plan: generic low carb now
Stats: 210/212/145 Female 63
BF:plenty
Progress: -3%

It's just become available here in Oregon in the last month or so. I've had the 2% and the chocolate, both are great.

I've seen it at Fred Meyer, Roths, and just today at Cash & Carry (restaurant supply store where I get my Davinci syrups cheap!!!!!) I'll take a look at Safeway on my next trip there, they may be getting it too.
  #86   ^
Old Sat, Mar-20-04, 05:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 165/157/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I have a question. I've always been a milk lover. Since I've found this, (past 3 weeks), I've been in HEAVEN! However, i'm not losing now, and I've been very disciplined.

Does anyone suspect these new low carb milks slow them down?
  #87   ^
Old Thu, Apr-01-04, 21:50

Stats: 286/197/165 Male 69
BF:
Progress: 74%
Default Chocolate "milk"

I've been using a chocolate dairy product, from Hood. It's not as rich as real chocolate milk, but not bad for two net grams carbs per 8 ounces. For me it's a good substitute for cream in coffee, and a glass while I'm cooking dinner helps keep me from grabbing something worse when I'm really hungry.
  #88   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 06:28
Registered Member

Plan: Stay same eat healthier
Stats: 118/118/118 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress:

I agree... we love this item. Hood LC Milks are great IMO... I would recommend to anyone. I always get the Fat Free and the Chocolate.
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Apr-02-04, 16:48
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 197/155/145 Female 5'5 feet
BF:30.1%
Progress: 81%

Did anyone else find it a bit funny that there are still low-fat, reduced-fat etc. versions of low-carb milk? It just seems odd to me that after all the fat praising they still have all the different varieties. I guess it's for people low-carbing but not full on low-carbing.
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Apr-03-04, 11:17
Registered Member

Stats: 185/143/145 Male 69 inches
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazonann7
Did anyone else find it a bit funny that there are still low-fat, reduced-fat etc. versions of low-carb milk? It just seems odd to me that after all the fat praising they still have all the different varieties. I guess it's for people low-carbing but not full on low-carbing.
Why would it be for people "not full low-carbing"? Some people watch their calorie intake as well as their fat intake and lets face it fat has more calories than either proteins or carbohydrates.