Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 12:09

Plan: WIN! (my own plan)
Stats: 172/150/123 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 45%

Hey Taz!

You've only got 19 pounds to lose before you achieve your goal! That is fantastic...so don't worry about the strips. What Kelly says covers it all. There seems to be times when you reach a plateau and that blessed scale won't budge...but then...suddenly.....whooooooosh... several pounds disappear!

Stay strong, Taz. Allow naught to detract you from your focus. You shall achieve your goal! We're all rootin' for ya!

Have a great weekend, Taz...and a fun Valentines' day!

Many Blessings!
Hugs
n0ah
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sat, Feb-14-04, 00:38

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

Just dropping by to wish you all a happy ST. Valentine's day.
I've been so busy working the Sait winefest I haven't gotten anything for DH. oops!
Kelly

Last edited by Kelly_L : Sat, Feb-14-04 at 00:40.
  #63   ^
Old Sun, Feb-15-04, 10:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/179/165 Male 5 foot 8 inches
BF:25.1
Progress: 44%

I was at the SuperStore last night in Country Hills.... they have some ATKINS BRAND products there.....

White and Multi Grain Atkins bread with 3 Carbs per slice.... a full loaf is $6.00

They had mix for buns, brownies, and pancakes, (I bought the pancakes) for $6.00 each again.

And they had of course the endulge and Advantage bars........ No price listed, I did not buy any...........

In the bakery area, they have other low carb breads but they are not the atkins brand, and they are 6 carbs per slice.... but they are cheaper.
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 20:24

Stats: 235/214/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:40
Progress: 28%

Taz - How was the pancake mix? I tried the hearb & garlic Pizza mix and talk about way to much garlic. Don't worry so much about the scale but how the clothes are fitting. I find even when the scale doesn't move much the clothes are starting to fall off.

Best time to use the Ketone test strips are in the morning. If your drinking lots of water, the ketones can be diluted enough not to show up.

Belated Happy Valentins everyone and keep on low carbing...
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 21:25

The pancakes were good Marge........ I will have to find that low carb syrop for it....... I keep wanting to go to the Diabetic Depot, but it is all the way in the South and I am in Country Hills........ I will have to make the time soon.

I am using the strips in the morning, always do it just before I get into the shower........ No matter..... it bothers me of course, but I will get over it......

That is the weird part..... my wife says my face looks thinner, but the clothes fit the same.... no difference at all for me....... I am down 15 pounds or better, I thought there would have been a difference even if small, but none that I can tell, or the wife......
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 21:29

Hey Taz,

There is supposed to be a new Diabetic Depot in Ranchlands.
Kelly
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 21:44

Oh cool, I will have to look for that..........

I will call the South location and see if they can tell me where it is.

Thanks
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 21:57

Hey Taz

I just found this on the web site
DIABETIC DEPOT Ranchlands Village Franchise Store (Opened Jan 10, 2003) Franchise Owner - Angela Frey

Telephone (403) 547-5555 Fax (403) 547-5191 Postal address 147 - 1829 Ranchlands Blvd. NW
Calgary, Alberta T3G 2A7 Store Photos Store Photos Map Map To Ranchlands Store
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Feb-16-04, 22:03

That is great..... thanks for the info.............
  #70   ^
Old Tue, Feb-17-04, 17:55

Stats: 235/214/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:40
Progress: 28%

TAz...
I'm finding that the weight is coming off from the top down. People really see the weight loss in my face but I'm found that it took almost 30 lbs before I noticed the clothes.

Scary thing was that those clothes were so incredibly tight but I refused to acknowledge it at the time. I've only bought one pair of new pants since this WOE cause I love my shirts loose. In another 10 - 15 I'll be buying new pants.

To get to the DD, come to Nosehill drive and head south to Ranchlands Boulevard. You'll see a Scotia Bank and DQ. It is a couple of stores over from the DQ.
  #71   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 09:37

I was just there last night....... WOW is it expensive but I guess when you have a small market price is not a concern. I bought a few things... I tried the tortilla's last night.... they were really good, only thing I found was that they fell apart... they were soft, just picking them up to put on a plate they were coming apart in my fingers......... The edges anyways........ But none the less, they were good.

I also got more pancake mix cause I really liked that... pancake syrop, ketchup, a brownie, and a box of advantage bars.......

Yes for me it is the same Marge, it is starting at the top... I am just waiting for it to work it's way down as that was the whole reason I started this....... I am sure it will happen, not getting down, just hoping is all.
  #72   ^
Old Wed, Feb-18-04, 21:28

Stats: 260/223/150 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Low carb products in Medicine Hat

Hi all,
I am new and noted that yippie is in Medicine Hat. So am I! I get the tortilla's and low carb bread at Nutters. They also have a to die for chocolate cake that is low carb (7.9 grms) in their freezer. Worth the 4.99 that you pay.
  #73   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 10:35

Hi, and welcome........
  #74   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 18:06

Stats: ???/???/125 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

Hi!

I just registered to this forum when I saw this thread and all the fantastic "leads" on buying low carb products here in Calgary - it's been a challenge hasn't it?

I'm not new to low-carbing and restarted (again) on the 26th of January. I didn't weigh before I started and I haven't weighed since (hence the ??? in my stats). I get discouraged and frustrated way too easily by the numbers on the scale and I'm pleased to say that NOT knowing is working for me!

Anyway.... I just went to Healing Alternatives (in Heritage Plaza by London Drugs) and they've got LOADS of low carb products there! I just bought a bottle of the Atkins ketchup ($5.99) because I didn't have much time to look but they had Atkins and other brands. I'm quite excited but scared at the same time because I fear that once I start with the "frankenfoods" I may never stop! BUT it is nice to have access to those kinds of foods just the same.

Congratulations to all of you that are doing so well and I will see you here again soon!
  #75   ^
Old Thu, Feb-19-04, 19:34
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (ish)
Stats: 169/139.9/129.9 Female 5'4
BF:?/suddenly lots/21
Progress: 74%
Default low carb products

well... since I live in the Alberta Boonies....i do most of my purchasing online. I usually order from sndcanada.com for goodies and I buy enough at a time to get free shipping and 5% off, but they dont have the bread products that I am anxious to try. I just ordered from lowcarbfooddepot.com hmm or maybe that was .ca. At any rate, I played around with my order until the ratio of shipping compared to my order total was not toooooo terribly painful. The prices on the odd thing that I have been able to find at health food stores were cheaper, the rest Im not sure of. Im looking forward to trying the tortillas .

Now....the losing thing. I havent lost much yet...about six pounds. i have about 20 lbs to lose 25-30 in my fantasy world but that wont likely happen. At any rate, my blouses are fitting me better already, but the bottom half...no real change. There must be something to that top down thang!!!