Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Canada
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 20:09

Plan: Atkins/LC e-meal
Stats: 282.6/234.6/180 Female 69"
BF:41.72/34.64/26.6
Progress: 47%

www.fitday.com
It's free and it's a good way to track what you eat
Kelly
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, Feb-04-04, 20:53

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/214/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:40
Progress: 28%

Keep drinking your water, even though you feel like your going to float away. Keep the protein & fat levels up as well 'cause if you cut back too much on those, your body thinks it's starving and starts to hang onto the energy source.

Check your carb levels as well ' cause if you increased your levels too much, your weight lose will slow down, and remember if your exercising, your toning those muscles and they weigh more than fat. I also noticed on your profile that you are only working on a 30 lbs rather than 50+ so as Dr Atkins says in his book, the smaller the amount you have to lose, the slower it will come off.

The fact that you've lost 10 + in your first two weeks is an better than excellent start. You've done well so far, Don't give up yet.

Last edited by Marge : Wed, Feb-04-04 at 21:02.
  #48   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 09:56

Stats: 190/179/165 Male 5 foot 8 inches
BF:25.1
Progress: 44%

Kelly, I will check out fitday, thanks.........

Marge, not giving up yet... and yes you are right, I did not lift weights the first few weeks to make sure this worked..... after I saw the pounds coming off I started to do cardio and lift some weights... I was not even thinking of that when I typed this out..... Good point.

I do drink lots of watter, I drink 2 - 3 liters a day, I drink 2 liters at work, plus whatever I have at home after with my meal and watchng some TV......

Carb levels are the same, I have not changed those, I will check my fat levels and see if they have come down, and if so I will send them right back up....

Thanks everyone, this is helpfull.
  #49   ^
Old Thu, Feb-05-04, 11:14

Actually I better change that.... I drink 2 liters of Crystal Light Iced Tea each day at work...... I can't stand the taste of plain water.......
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 08:57

I can't drink anything with aspertame in it, so it's plain filtered water for me. Safeway carries a nice carbonated water called Refresh. 99 cents for a 2 liter bottle. The lemon/lime flavor tastes like Perrie water but is a lot cheaper. I drank it a lot last summer whenever I craved a bubbly drink.

Is everyone else he cold has finally broken and the snow is turning into a mess?
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 09:26

Taztuff, I would try and cut down on the artificial sweeteners if you are stalling. That can be the culprit quite often. I don't like water either but I also don't like being fat so I bite the bullet and drink it.

Hey Marge
You know you have had a long cold spell when you get excited because it's muddy outside.
Have a good day everyone
Kelly
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Feb-06-04, 09:34

Good advice Kelly... I will try it...... thanks.........

sigh, now to go get a glass of water......
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Feb-08-04, 09:06
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (ish)
Stats: 169/139.9/129.9 Female 5'4
BF:?/suddenly lots/21
Progress: 74%
Thumbs up low carb bars

sndcanada.com has the low carb bars from the states that have vitamins in them....

they cost a few dollars more than that other ones.... i didnt like chocolate decadence, but the smores are yummy.

they offer free shipping over 100 bucks and a discount over 200

the genisoy bars from costco are cheap and good as well i just dont know enough about them... i was just asking about them on a different thread
  #54   ^
Old Mon, Feb-09-04, 19:45

Lenni...
don't worry about the too scared to know. One of my co-workers started Atkins the same day as me. She didn't weigh herself before she started this WOL and she has no idea how much she's lost but lets just say her pants are falling off her butt. (the two of us look pretty funny as we are both constantly hiking the pants back up. Time to buy a belt I guess.)
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 14:50

Posted on www.cnn.com

Dr. Robert Atkins, whose popular diet stresses protein-rich meat and cheese over carbohydrates, weighed 258 pounds at his death and had a history of heart disease, a newspaper reported Tuesday.

Before his death, he had suffered a heart attack, congestive heart failure and hypertension, The Wall Street Journal reported, citing a report by the city medical examiner.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 16:49
Forum Moderator

Stats: 235/135/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress: 100%

TazTuff, please see the information in this thread: http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=165899

Rosebud
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 19:12
Registered Member

Plan: atkins (ish)
Stats: 169/139.9/129.9 Female 5'4
BF:?/suddenly lots/21
Progress: 74%

thank you for posting that thread. I had not seen that article or heard anything aside from the news which seems to want to discredit the Atkins diet every chance they get....gee....hasn't that been the case with EVERYTHING that gains momentum in our lil world?

Having said that I am trying the Atkins diet now but will not stay that way forever. I guess I will have to see how it all goes
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Feb-10-04, 19:52

Thanks Rosebud, its good to see the link. they were talking about it on the local radio station and the DJ was putting more ephasis on the fact that Dr Atkins had a disease that was causing the problems. So not all the media are on the side of the detractors.

Go Low Carb, Go.
  #59   ^
Old Thu, Feb-12-04, 14:36

I read that thread, thanks.... I was not trying to say I believed it, I was just pointing out that it was said..........................

I am still not loosing anything...... 13 pounds in my first two weeks and not even one pound in my past 3 weeks.............. I bought those Ketone Test strips and I show neutral each day........... I am drinking lots of water.... 2 liters or more a day.... eating as per the book...... not sure......... It is discouraging.
  #60   ^
Old Fri, Feb-13-04, 11:54

Hey Taz

I didn't have much luck with the strips either -yet look at my results. So don't get discouraged. Also If you are drinking lots of water your urine is quite diluted. Try using the strips first thing in the morning and see if you get different results.
As for the stall, there could be something you are eating that has hidden carbs. Maybe post some of you daily meals here and we can look to see of there is anything that might be the culprit.

Kelly

Last edited by Kelly_L : Fri, Feb-13-04 at 11:57.