Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Wed, Mar-17-04, 07:31

Plan: atkins
Stats: 129/127/109 Female 5"3
BF:
Progress: 10%

To all the people here that read my thread....I send out a very big im sorry....Not in the right room here on the chat forum....I did read thru this room and all that is written here and can see how you would take me as being rude.Which is something I would never want anyone to think of me....I belong to a few support groups here online...along with my family and friends which is how I found out about my mistake here....God speed to all of you.....May we all be the person we set out to be....Again Im sorry if I confused anyone, these days I confuse my self....lol....lilrose
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 16:23

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 171/135/140 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 116%
Smile lilrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilrose
To all the people here that read my thread....I send out a very big im sorry....Not in the right room here on the chat forum....I did read thru this room and all that is written here and can see how you would take me as being rude.Which is something I would never want anyone to think of me....I belong to a few support groups here online...along with my family and friends which is how I found out about my mistake here....God speed to all of you.....May we all be the person we set out to be....Again Im sorry if I confused anyone, these days I confuse my self....lol....lilrose

Apology accepted..not to worry these days are a mass of confusion for myself as well...it takes a big person to admit they made a mistake...cudos to you and I wish you great success on your continuing journey here at the forum.. ...Bonnie
  #78   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 16:24

BF:
Default Colleen

Just wondering how you are doing hon?....Bonnie
  #79   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 18:26

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 235/145/130 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: 86%

Spring break is over for my kids, so I had to put them on a plane this morning and send them back to Texas. I pat myself on the back for not crying in front of them. We did have a really good visit. And I set them up with hotmail email accounts, since the email accounts they have with their father's email service somehow mysteriously do not work anymore.

I got a "survival" job at a call center. Yuck. I was a stay-at-home mom for years, and it looks like this is the best I can do for now.

I am still a size 8, and it doesn't seem to matter what I eat anymore. I really don't eat all that much. I think that if I consistently cut the carbs, I would drop down to a size 6 or 4. It just doesn't seem all that important right now.

I sure do appreciate the support here.
  #80   ^
Old Sun, Mar-21-04, 21:34
blah

Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

When my husband and I seperated after 12 years of marriage we decided to gove it one more shot "for the Kids". We were living apart and the kids were going back and forth when we started counciling. The counsellor said something I will never forget, "don't give into the fear and the guilt" and I told myself that about 5 times a day for six monthes, We got back together and things are going well but still to this day I will not give into the fear and the guilt of being alone.

The feeling of being lost and alone can be overwhelming...so I did something just for me . I got a tattoo on the top of my foot of a stained glass compass. It has the symbols of NESW. I look at it everyday and tell myself that I will never be lost or confused again. I know my path and I have only too look at my foot to remember which way in life I am travelling.

"I will not be afraid of the storm for I am learning to sail my ship"-anonomys

Neen
  #81   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 10:26

Plan: mix of Atkins/Carb Addict
Stats: 188/185/135 Female 5' 3"
BF:
Progress: 6%

Hello all,

I was really comforted to see this site when I was looking around a while back. I briefly told my story of how my husband of just a year walked out and left me 6 months pregnant. I came home to my parents' place (and to be close to the doctors) to have the baby.

Just a week ago I had a meeting with my lawyer, and we had been served with a petition fro divorce. In in my ex is suing for SOLE custody of the baby; whom he has never seen.... he is also suing fro child support, SPOUSAL support, court costs, half of the house which I already owned when we met...and so on and so on.

I keep telling myself that my lawyer knows what he is doing and all the research into Ontario law tells me he will not get these things, but it seems so cruel that he would put his signature to such awful threats... I also know that he has moved in with the "lady" he was having an affair with (they moved in together about 3 weeks after my baby was born). Looking back I realize that he never loved me, and saw a confident, financially stable, and attractive woman and thought that this was what he needed to make him happy...and he got bored. I just wish that he would go off and live his single life and leave me and my luttle one alone....she deserves so much better!

I keep checking here to see how others are coping, as I hate the thought of medications...
  #82   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 16:55
blah

Stats: 238/225.2/199 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 33%

christyann

You just gotta believe that the sun will shine again for you. Try not to go down the road of medication it is only a temporary fix. Look deep inside yourself and know that there is a great strong person in there. Things will get better again...stay strong for you little one. Everytime you doubt yourself just pick your baby up and give her a kiss and know that all will be well again..it just takes time.
sending you angel
Neen
  #83   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 17:43

BF:
Default Christy Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by christyann
Hello all,

I was really comforted to see this site when I was looking around a while back. I briefly told my story of how my husband of just a year walked out and left me 6 months pregnant. I came home to my parents' place (and to be close to the doctors) to have the baby.

Just a week ago I had a meeting with my lawyer, and we had been served with a petition fro divorce. In in my ex is suing for SOLE custody of the baby; whom he has never seen.... he is also suing fro child support, SPOUSAL support, court costs, half of the house which I already owned when we met...and so on and so on.

I keep telling myself that my lawyer knows what he is doing and all the research into Ontario law tells me he will not get these things, but it seems so cruel that he would put his signature to such awful threats... I also know that he has moved in with the "lady" he was having an affair with (they moved in together about 3 weeks after my baby was born). Looking back I realize that he never loved me, and saw a confident, financially stable, and attractive woman and thought that this was what he needed to make him happy...and he got bored. I just wish that he would go off and live his single life and leave me and my luttle one alone....she deserves so much better!

I keep checking here to see how others are coping, as I hate the thought of medications...

so sorry to hear your story..we all have our own pain to deal with hon...I have a four way meeting tomorrow with husband and his lawyer and mine...I have forced no contact with him for about a month as I find that much easier...tomorrow will be a tough day...Bonnie
  #84   ^
Old Mon, Mar-22-04, 18:31

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

Colleen, Bonnie, Christy Ann, and all the other ladies who have been through (or are going through) these terrible times......I think you are all wonderful, because you are all looking up and out, and not giving in to despair.
Although my story is similar, and I went through a lot of pain, I know it has made me a much better, stronger woman than I ever would have been without those trials. I'm not going to tell you to be strong, you ARE strong, and you are all inspirations to each other, and to us.
Love and prayers.
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 07:44

BF:
Default Patricia

Quote:
Originally Posted by patricia52
Colleen, Bonnie, Christy Ann, and all the other ladies who have been through (or are going through) these terrible times......I think you are all wonderful, because you are all looking up and out, and not giving in to despair.
Although my story is similar, and I went through a lot of pain, I know it has made me a much better, stronger woman than I ever would have been without those trials. I'm not going to tell you to be strong, you ARE strong, and you are all inspirations to each other, and to us.
Love and prayers.

Thanks so much for your words of inspiration...to hear from someone else who has gone through this gives us hope that things will be better for us down the road..may I ask how long it has been since you have gone through this and what you did to get you to the point you are now in your life?...Bonnie
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 08:01
Registered Member

Plan: none
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 00
BF:none
Progress: 11%

Hey there Bonnie,

Glad to see you are back on the boards again. How are things going, if you don't mind me asking. Been thinking about you much, since you went to Fla.
How are the grand kids and your son.... But most of all how are you sweetie?
Osuz...
  #87   ^
Old Tue, Mar-23-04, 09:09

BF:
Default Hi Osuz

Quote:
Originally Posted by osuzana
Hey there Bonnie,

Glad to see you are back on the boards again. How are things going, if you don't mind me asking. Been thinking about you much, since you went to Fla.
How are the grand kids and your son.... But most of all how are you sweetie?
Osuz...

Oh I have my days...today is going to be tough but will have to be strong...hubby has threatened to stop paying all bills but what else is new...thank god I have my Mom and know I have a place to stay if he goes ahead with his plan...the accounts are dry again so will have to see what transpires today...thanks for thinking of me hon and appreciate all the support here...Bonnie
  #88   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 14:58

Plan: my own
Stats: 303.4/299.4/150 Female 5'2"
BF:umm... duh!
Progress: 3%

Hello everyone - I was just reading over this thread and I wanted to say, Wow! You all are amazing and you've been putting up with so much these past months. I myself went threw the same thing about 5 yrs. ago with my husband. He left me at 22 yrs. old with an 8 month old baby. He had cheated on me about 6 months previously and I took him back and was trying to work it out. He now says he thought after he cheated that the marriage was completely over and that's why he left me. Hmm... I could swear the crying and begging would prove that I was still committed. But I guess I was wrong. Well it took me about a year and a half to start dating again and than I met this other guy. We clicked from the minute we met and 10 months later, I was breaking up with him because he turned into a a#%. The only problem with that was that I was completely and totally head over heels in love with him, and still am till this day. We had an awesome first 7 months and things got very bad between us. But that's like a 10 pg. story. I broke up with him 2 1/2 yrs ago and I'm still dealing with it daily. I actually just ran into him about a month ago at the grocery store with his new wife and a baby. Total heart breaking and devestating. So much so, that I jumped off the non-smoking wagon and started again. I only had 14 days behind me, but I blew it when I ran into him. Anyhow, he still jumps in and out of my life about once or twice a year cause he still calls me occasionally.

Anyhow, I just wanted to say hello and share a bit of my story. After what I've been through in my 27 yrs., I know it does get easier after time. I'm glad my ex-boyfriend is gone and even though I still love him, I'm a better person now because he's gone and I've learned from those mistakes. Same with my ex-husband. I do get lonely, but when I have a prospect of someone new, I always get this ucky feeling in my stomach, because I'm happy dealing with myself and not someone else for the most part.

Good luck to you and follow YOUR dreams!
  #89   ^
Old Wed, Mar-24-04, 19:39

Plan: Atkins Nutritional Plan
Stats: 194/165/145 Female 66
BF:39/37/28
Progress: 59%

Bonnie, I was married in 1976 and left my husband in 1985 when my son was under two and my daughter just six. Another woman. Who did me a favour, because the only relationship I wanted with him in the end was to be his widow.
Then jumped from the frying pan into the fire and married my second husband in 1988. Note to all: do not get married again until you realize that you'd be quite happy if you never married again.
That ended in 1994. Then there was bankruptcy and the slow rebuilding of my credit and my life, and taking care of the kids.
But as we all know, everyone has a story that will break your heart.
Currently remarried (in 2001) and happily so.
The worst part about divorce that I have found is the constant hassling about money. Money is power, at least to those who have it, and they like to use it to make you jump through hoops.
The best part about divorce is learning to let go and let God.
  #90   ^
Old Thu, Mar-25-04, 08:47

BF:
Default Patricia and sm Stars

Thanks so much for sharing your stories....they are heartbreaking...you know before I was going through all this never thought much about Divorce as I thought it would never happen to me...to see so much pain and hurt one experiences going through this ordeal is overwhelming...there are mothers, wives, sons, daughters, fathers, in laws and friends that hurt right along with you...one thing I have learned from Divorce Care is that do not jump into a new relationship too soon...you have the heal yourself first before you are ready to enter into something where both parties wind up being hurt...have I had men interested in starting up a relationship...yep but have just explained that I need time to heal...I think one of you touched briefly on this...thanks again gals for sharing your stories and my hope is that as the days go by life gets better for all of us...Bonnie