Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

View Poll Results: Would you be interested in a Get-Together?
Yes and I can make it both weekends this time 3 42.86%
Yes but I can't make it this time 3 42.86%
Yes but I'd prefer a different location 1 14.29%
No 0 0%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

#46   ^
Old Mon, Sep-10-01, 12:19

Plan: Carbwiser
Stats: 290.8/247/203 Male 6ft
BF:Plenty
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up Stage One completed

Margaret is now a registered member of the forum
Her user name is UKMargaret.

Speak soon.

Ken
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Tue, Sep-11-01, 00:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile Welcome

Welcome Margaret

This must be the first welcome I am giving to a member who has yet to post a message. Thus Launching both Maragret and me into a new era of space age technology.

Whoooooosh ... there goes Margaret .... see that rocket go !

Time for celebration and jubilation!

Hi Ken good work. Keep it up! Better still go on strike ... let her find her own answers online. Bet you once she's got her head buried in Karen's Kitchen you'll be fighting to get her off the computer so you can go on !

Glad you figured it out Andy.

I am fine. Had a wonderful evening last night - went dancing. Dance Class has been on Summer Break for several weeks so it was really great.
Take care
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Sep-17-01, 15:52

Default Back on the scene

Hi everybody

I haven't been around on the forum for the last week . Busy at work and we (Margaret and I) have re-opened youth club after the summer holidays, Yes, summer is over as the weather will testify.

Anyway, how is everybody? I hope you are all keeping on the straight and narrow (eating wise). I must confess to falling off the wagon yesterday . We went to a Christening, Margaret was a Godmother, we all went out for lunch afterwards. I started off ok, one glass red wine, Roast Beef (No Yorkshire pudding), only one small new potato, broccoli and brussel sprouts. BUT THEN Chocolate ice cream sundae and even worse, I enjoyed it (the shame if it). I was straight back on the rails today hopefully with no lasting effects on the weight lose. I'm surprised how easily I was tempted and hope I can learn from the experience and resist next time.

Fiona, I hope you are well. I've still had no luck getting Margaret to post on the forum as yet, but we have been busy this last week as explained above.
Did you have any luck at the Health Food Shop?.
Has Aviva gone home yet?
Have you had the photo's from last weekend developed yet? Is it really only a week ago, it seems so much longer than that. But a lot has happened in the world since then. I still find it so hard to believe.
Soooo many questions...........

That's enough of my ramblin' for now.
  #49   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 00:12

BF:
Talking Good to hear from you

Hi Ken, Margaret, Everyone

<I must confess to falling off the wagon yesterday > !! Me too I haven't been eating too well since last Tuesday ... is it only one week? ... feels like a year .. those pictures have been making me sick. Anyway went window shopping for a couple of hours before my dance class last night and got really hungry. Popped into a store and oooooh those carbs sure looked appealing ... my blood sugar must have been low at the time. Anyway I gave in to a yummy huge blueberry muffin. I do know exactly what you mean about enjoying it to the full - absolute bliss.

Next time I go out I am going to eat extra beforehand. You could have had an extra helping of the roast beef instead. Best is to stay away from temptation. I had to risk hurting a friend who is coming round for lunch by flatly refusing to have his request for Rasmalai (Indian sweet - 110% carbs). He'll probably eat one or two and leave me staring at the rest of the pack and I don't trust myself with carbs.

<Did you have any luck at the Health Food Shop?. > Been too glued to the TV to think about that.

<Has Aviva gone home yet? > No - she is on the road site-seeing. Should be back in a few days.

<Have you had the photo's from last weekend developed yet? > Afraid that is going to take some time. My film has been known to remain in my camera for a year at times. Still have quite a few photos to use up.

Summer is going but there are still quite a few sunny spells. Since last Tuesday I have been seeing everything with new eyes and being VERY GRATEFUL for little blessings (the sun, the park, a laughing child, the peace and serenity of home) that I took for granted before.

Take care.
  #50   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 15:34

Stats: 184/162/148
BF:
Progress: 61%
Default 1st post

hello Fiona

This is my first attempt at trying to reply to you. Mind you if Ken keeps being impatient and the message keeps disappearing it may well be my last. I was taught to use a typewriter (whats that i hear you say) and i wish they hadn't disappeared.
Not that i would be talking to you now if this was a typewriter.
Diet going ok apart from sunday I won't go into this in to much detail. all i know after 8 weeks of no sugar/alcohol i did not feel to good yesterday, Mind you a good lesson not to do it again , on the other hand you don't gain 2 God-daughters in one day very often.
Good news though i went shopping for an outfit for the christening and i have gone down from a size 22 to an 18. Also a lady at church altered the dress you saw me in. This is making me more determined to keep at it.
Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Last edited by UKMargaret : Tue, Sep-18-01 at 16:56.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 15:49

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Hi Margaret, and welcome!

Sorry this is not Fiona. She usually posts in the morning, so I expect you will hear from her in about8 or 9 hours from now. But this is such an occasion, I thought she (and you) would appreciate a reply right away.

Congratulations on getting onto the forum. Sorry I didn't meet you last week, maybe next time. Sounds like you had great fun, and a really worthwhile time.

If you (like Ken) are on a low-carb diet, that must be very useful at mealtimes. My own wife is a vegetarian, and some of my children will eat meat, some won't. Mealtimes are a nightmare, especially as I won't eat vegetables.

No doubt Fiona will tell you how to start a journal, and all those things which will make you a separate entity from Ken, so I'll just say cheerio for now, and great to see you make it at last!

P.S. Hi Ken!

Best wishes,

Andy
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 15:55

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%

Hi Margaret

Wellcome to the forum and congratulations on your weight loss ! I hope we will be seing more posts from you now. I can see you and Ken will be fighting over the PC soon .
I am sorry to hear that you felt bad after the party, but I didn't feel too good last Sunday either. The party I went to after our meeting went on until 5am and included lots of alcohol of various kinds Thankfully most girls are on some kind of diet, so I was able to stick to whiskey with diet coke all evening (apart from a glass of Champagne) and I actually lost 1lb , but did I feel rotten on Sunday It took me all day to recover.
Never ever alcohol again (until next time....)

Hope to see you again soon on this forum (just think of it as a complicated type-writer) and all the best
Sabine
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 16:00

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by Andy Davies
If you (like Ken) are on a low-carb diet, that must be very useful at mealtimes.

Hi Andy

Yes I am on a low carb diet and meal times are fairly easy although we have 2 daughters who dont like meat and keep buying lots of carbs. I'm sure i have actually stuck at this as ken and i are supporting each other. He's not going to get a new wardrobe if i cant have one!
Finding low carbs easier compared to other diets I've tried.

Speak to you soon
  #54   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 16:17

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Wow Margaret!

Two posts and three replies in about 40 mins. There's no stopping you now. Glad you have each other's support, it must make a lot of difference. And I know what you mean about children and carbohydrates! Talk about brainwashed by advertisers and peer pressure - parents don't stand a chance!
Speak soon. Must logoff now. Andy.
  #55   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 16:19

BF:

Quote:
Originally posted by madpiano
Never ever alcohol again (until next time....)

Hi sabine (madpiano?)
Nice to hear from you. I have to agree no more alcohol for me either. Diet still going well although weight loss is slower. I'm feeling alot fitter than I have done. How is it going with you?
Speak to you soon.
  #56   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 16:29

BF:

Hello Margaret

I am fine (as usual ). I had a bit of a hectic week. At first the shock about what happened in America. I am working for an american company in the city of London, so I was very wary about going to work and as I had some holiday left I actually took Thursday and Friday off ( a bit of general lazyness and the urge of spending more time with my daughter had something to do with it as well). On Thursday afternoon I got a call from the Police, saying that my BF had been involved in an accident and if I could pick him up from hospital. It turned out, that the accident was rather serious and he had been in Hospital until today. His Parents thought I needed their morla guidance and help and Kindly offered to stay during the whole time I know it was meant nice, but it was really the last thing I needed, so I had no time for anything and today I was back at work (thankfully I am back on shifts as of today ). Actually it was a relief being back at work. I managed to get my co-workers to make all the cups of tea today. Just a quick mention, that I had the in-laws staying for 4 days, and tea and coffee came rolling to my desk
I was very good on the diet, but haven't managed to lose any weight. Seem to be stuck at the moment, but I am also not drinking enough water. I don't feel like it. Just the thought of it makes me cringe I tried diet coke, but I don't even want to drink that. So I am sitting here with a glass of wine ( so much for the no more alcohol ) and I hope I am feeling better tomorrow.
Speak to you soon
Sabine
  #57   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 16:29

Default Only one PC

Andy/Sabine

You may well be right about us needing 2 computers now . Margaret has kindly allowed me access to post this message as she has to prepare for tomorrow nights Brownies. (No not the cookies ) .

Speak soon (If I can get on at this end, if not I'll have to wait until I'm at work)

Ken

Last edited by Ken : Tue, Sep-18-01 at 17:00.
  #58   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 16:37

Hi Sabine,

Really sorry to hear about your BF, we're glad that he is home now and hope he is on the road to recovery . Have his parents now returned home or are you still smiling sweetly .

Alcohol is all to easy to partake in (No carbs) even if it does slow or stop the weight lose. I'm sure you will start to lose again with a bit of willpower .

Take care and speak again soon.

Ken (and Margaret)
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Sep-18-01, 16:40

BF:

Parents have returned home and I am catching up with e-mail.
No more nice conversations (BF has gone to bed), just myself, nice and quiet and peacefull. And I don't have to get dressed before I go into the shower tomorrow Mind you due to shift, I am getting up at 5am, so I didn't need to worry this morning either
  #60   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-01, 00:52

BF:
Talking Wow!

All this excitement and I was slumped in a low after eating my muffin yesterday ... wow! what a lovely present to come back to. Thanks Andy for keeping the ball rolling. Just what I need this morning.

Well done Margaret : size 22 to a size 18. Wow! Congratulations. That sure is motivation for me to keep off any future muffins.

Margaret you can even give yourself a fancy name (eg madpiano -whatever takes your fancy ) when you first register !!

Ken a special thanks to you for your patience and understanding in supporting and helping Margaret come online. I can hardly believe the progress so quickly. The good thing is now if you are busy at work Margaret will keep on posting.

Great to hear from you Sabine. Sorry about your b/f. How is he now? Love and Healing.

Peace.