Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.S.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 11:26
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/ckd
Stats: 190/175/130
BF:
Progress: 25%

Another checking in from Contra Costa county. I'm a transplanted Nor'easter.

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 11:29
Registered Member

Plan: atkins/ckd
Stats: 190/175/130
BF:

Cheryl,

It took me about 2 weeks for the headache (a sign of detoxing from sugar and white flour) to go away.

Hang in there, as you go along, it gets better.
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 11:54
Living LaVita LoCarb

Plan: 40% 40% 20%
Stats: 292/242/160 Female 64 inches
BF:Next mini goal 225
Progress: 38%

Thanks, I'm glad someone answered about the heaches. I still have it a little bit, I'ts been about a week. At least I'm not so confused now.

I'm fighting that urge to want to see a pound drop on the scale everyday. I keep telling myself to only weigh once a week..but every morning, I can't fight the temptation to weigh in 1st thing in the morning.
Cheryl
  #19   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-01, 12:13
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 351/327/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Cool Hi CherylR

One thing you might try if you want to weigh everyday is to average your weight after 7 days and then every week you will have an average weekly weight and you will see your lost pounds.

Keep up the good work.

Kathie36
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Dec-10-01, 15:17

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 203/194/180
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Quick Hello from the Silicon Valley

We live in Sunnyvale. We used to live in Sonoma County..Guernville to be exact. Also lived in Occidental, and Rohnert Park. We miss it. I've been LCing for um..2 weeks, but have yet to complete induction. I'll make it!
  #21   ^
Old Wed, Dec-19-01, 09:13

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink Hello from Modesto!

Hi there neighbors!
So far haven't seen too many from my area. But I grew up in Concord and my grandmother lives in Pittsburg, so I know the bay area. Gee, regoddess, you used to live in Occidental, what a lovely place. How are you enjoying Sunnyvale? It's so much more city-fied.

Are you all just doing this all by yourself, or do you have friends doing this way of eating as well? My aunt is the one who introduced me to this WOL by giving me her book. But other than that, I've been figuring this out on my own. This forum and books I'm reading have been a great help. Regoddess--how are you doing just beginning during the holidays? It must be a hard time to start. But low carbing really takes away the terrible cravings, that come with binging on carbs and sweets. God bless you all. Victoria
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 11:21
Registered Member

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 351/327/199 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 16%
Cool Happy New Year Californians

Hope everyone had a great holiday season. I am looking forward to the new year. Keep up the good work and thanks for all the support.

Kathie36
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 11:57
Living LaVita LoCarb

I had a great new years eve....I didn't break my diet...I'm now on day #7. Today is the day I start puting a little exercise in the plan...YUCK...
I can't wait for the California spring weather to go walking and bike riding...Our bikes haven't been ridden on 2 years so we have to get them tuned up.
Happy New year to all you Californians

Victoria...are you still in California? Your post almost makes it sound like you used to live here???
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-01-02, 16:30

Plan: Careful Low Carb Plan
Stats: 335/295/180 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 26%
Wink Still a Californian

Yes Cheryl, I am still here. I used to live in the Bay Area but now live in the Central Valley. I also used to live in Sonora, what a beautiful place. But now I'm in FOG land. I love it here tho. Well, at least I'm used to it.

I got sick two days ago, so my New Year's was a bit quiet. My kids stayed up later than I did. But that is usually the case anyway, when they are on vacation. I can't believe it's already 2002. It seems like it was just a little while ago that we were wondering about the millenium. Hope all is well and peaceful in our great nation this year. Since Sept. 11th, life seems so much more precious, but also fragile. We watched the Rose Parade today. It seemed like such a wonderful celebration of our people and nation. Much more patriotic than ever before.

Well, have a wonderful new year!!! I feel so much hope because I have finally figured out a way to lose all this weight. I figure it will take me all this year, but by next new year, I should be closer to being my normal size. That will be something to celebrate!!! Victoria
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Jan-05-02, 23:34

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 240/210/190
BF:
Progress: 60%
Cool

Hello fellow Californians. I am here in Southern California also...Riverside to be exact. Over here in the smog...yuk! I was brought up in Huntington Beach then after marriage moved to Orange then to Riverside. Who knows where we'll move next. Hopefully somewhere with a little less 91 freeway, and less smog. Take Care...D
  #26   ^
Old Sun, Jan-06-02, 00:15
Living LaVita LoCarb

welcome to the lowcarb forum.
You've already made great progress, I'm curious...did you do it lc'ing..or on some other plan.
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 11:34

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Wink the REAL Northern Cali!!

Hey all!

Just thought I'd pop in and say HOWDY!! I'm originally from the Bay area...born and raised in Oakland...but I'm currently living and working in Humboldt county. For those who aren't familiar it's about 276 miles north of San Francisco, so the REAL Northern California!

I hope everyone's having a great day and not freezing half to death like I am!!!

Actually I heard the bay area had it's coldest night in history on Tuesday...anyone get unusual snow??

Peace and blessings,
Tesia
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 12:42

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Default Hi Tesia! Hi all!

Yea, doncha ya' know its been cooooold over here! At least for us Sunny Californians! I'm in the Eastbay, San Leandro area.

Tried to run water on the windshield to clear the frost and all it did was refreeze! The grass has been frozen every day this week and it looks like snow (frost) on the roof tops all around! I am wearing gloves and hat and all to the gym and just about everywhere till noon or so!

Stay warm...I warm up my water so I drink more that way and it keeps me a little warmer...Typing with gloves...I tried that the other night makes me an even worse typist/speller!!

How you doing with your program?

Beth

Last edited by bsayne : Thu, Jan-31-02 at 12:51.
  #29   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 13:01

Plan: atkins-ish
Stats: 398/391/299 Female 5'10"
BF:
Progress: 7%
Default Bsayne

I love your screen name , btw!

I'm doing well on my program. I have cut down on the LC bread that I was eating all too regularly. And per all the latest bad talk about cheese, I've decided to cut back on that as well. Not TOO much b/c I've been eating it all along and haven't had any problems, but this is my first real stall and so I guess I'm panicking. The GOOD thing though is that I'm exercising 3x a week instead of just 1. And I LOVE LOVE LOVE my aeroboxing class!

With all the new changes I hope to see some progress on the scale when I weigh in on Monday. I've been absolutely dying to jump on there today but I'm gonna hold out.

How about you?? I've noticed that you have lost a SIGNIFICANT amount of weight. Do you mind me asking what size you started at and where you are now??
  #30   ^
Old Thu, Jan-31-02, 13:46

Plan: Atkins/PP
Stats: 282/248/147 Female 5'3"
BF:
Default Well....

Hard to believe because I actually stopped buying clothes and just kept squeezing into the ones I had, but I was buying 3X in mens t-shirts for a comfy fit and 24-26 in ladies sizes...I am on the verge of my 16 new black jeans that I had bought a year ago...maybe 2-3" when I just started the BFL program 3 1/2 wks ago so that was one of my 12 week goals...not only fit the 16's but make em loose! I was gonna wait for shopping and sizing but snuck a peak at the store about a week and a half ago and the 18's were loose but the 16 were still too small...soon though very soon!

I will be posting my 4 week progress in my journal by 1st of next week and see how much I have done on my new program...I get so caged when I don't get to exercise 1st thing in the morning! I'm glad your loving your exercise!

My mistake...I found your journal! Was gonna give you a hard time bout it!

Bsayne!