Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Our Website > Comments Box and Technical Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 11:15
Phoenixa

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

This really buggers me. Can't let go of it. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my pics or the procedure I'm doing (I follow the instructions to the t and I also believe I'm quite computer savvy...) but there must be something wrong with the way I was registered into the gallery (being an outside source). Question is what?! I can log in, my password works, it recognizes me as "gilibel" with the right spelling and everything.

So how come it can't find me as a user when it's time to deliver the preview prompt?!

Small stupid things like this can drive me nuts...

Gonna try to access it with another browser.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 11:22
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gilibel
Gonna try to access it with another browser.

That's a good idea

Just for the record, as the information will be helpful to the webmaster for sorting this out ... what computer have you been using (pc or Mac) and browser version etc.

Doreen
  #33   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 11:49
Phoenixa

Stats: 164/136.6/132 Female 172/5'8
BF:Yes.
Progress: 86%

Made it, finally. Tried in Netscape Navigator 4.51 and the gallery worked. (But the forum code OTOH gets totally messed up in NN, so in order to browse it smoothly I have to switch back to IE...)

I use a PC, Win 98 (old fart, I know, but quite stable...) Standard browser Internet Explorer (quite old version - 4.72 - but it normally never causes any problems and it's safe from security glitches later versions have inbuilt, and I can't be bothered with updating security patches etc). IE works better for forums than Netscape Navigator, I've noticed from other posters as well.

But obviously the gallery doesn't like old IE browsers, so I will have to use NN when uploading pix. There is a way around everything, I guess.

Have a nice day!

/gil
  #34   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 18:02
Forum Founder

Plan: Atkins/PP/BFL
Stats: 400/223/200 Male 5 ft 11
BF:37%/17%/12%
Progress: 89%

The first post has been update with additional tips. The gallery will now automatically update your before, current and after photos if you "move" them by changing categories.

A new "legend" bar has been added, to show thumbnails of before, current and after photos at once, side by side, while viewing one of them as full photo. To see an example, checkout these member photos:

http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/...to.php?photo=76
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/...o.php?photo=310
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/...o.php?photo=216
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/...o.php?photo=205
http://forum.lowcarber.org/gallery/...o.php?photo=248

They will also show up on your profile page, like this:

http://forum.lowcarber.org//member....nfo&userid=5701
http://forum.lowcarber.org//member....fo&userid=34341

Enjoy

Wa'il
  #35   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 09:59
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

>>"I posted one for "before" and then added another one, but realised only afterwards that I had accidentally not posted the first one into the correct folder, so the second one became my default "before" photo."

Hi. I made the same mistake, and figured out how to fix it: first, get rid of the "mistake" picture, either delete it or move it elsewhere. Then, on your hard drive, rename the "real" picture to the same name the "mistake" was. Then, upload it. As long as it has the same name as the first one you posted, that'll be the picture that shows up on your profile.

Last edited by Kristine : Thu, Nov-27-03 at 10:00.
  #36   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 11:34
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Hi. I made the same mistake, and figured out how to fix it: first, get rid of the "mistake" picture, either delete it or move it elsewhere. Then, on your hard drive, rename the "real" picture to the same name the "mistake" was. Then, upload it. As long as it has the same name as the first one you posted, that'll be the picture that shows up on your profile.

There's no need to do all that.

Simply click edit, and then browse to replace photo with another one from your hard disk. All will be updated correctly.

Wa'il
  #37   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 03:01
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

What is the point of the 'rating system'? I really try to find any good use for it but I can't. I think everyone posting pictures is beautiful and it's so great to see our community like this. I hope nobody will use this function.......

Just my opinion

Alina
  #38   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 06:48
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
What is the point of the 'rating system'? I really try to find any good use for it but I can't. I think everyone posting pictures is beautiful and it's so great to see our community like this. I hope nobody will use this function.......

Good point, it's gone.

Wa'il
  #39   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 20:39

Plan: My own plan
Stats: 317/309/160 Female 5 FT. 9 IN.
BF:
Progress: 5%

Ok, I've read everything I can find here. I'm reading that I should be able to edit or delete my picture, and yet when I enter my gallery, I'm presented with a link to upload only. Nothing else. I've looked everywhere I can think to look. Help please.
  #40   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 20:49
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meadow
Ok, I've read everything I can find here. I'm reading that I should be able to edit or delete my picture, and yet when I enter my gallery, I'm presented with a link to upload only. Nothing else. I've looked everywhere I can think to look. Help please.

When you visit your gallery, click on the picture you want to edit first, then it will present the edit options.

Wa'il
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 02:10
SPOILED

Plan: Atkins Life Maintenance!
Stats: 184/152/154 Female 173 cm/5,8
BF:In right places...
Progress: 107%

The new gallery is great and thanks for deleting the rating system.....

Why is the Gallery button gone from people's posts? It's the best and the quickest way to reach the individual galleries.......

Thanks

Alina
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 05:33
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
The new gallery is great and thanks for deleting the rating system.....

Why is the Gallery button gone from people's posts? It's the best and the quickest way to reach the individual galleries.......
It was on for everyone, even those who haven't posted. Now It will now be turned on automatically, after a member posts a photo to the gallery.

Wa'il
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 14:11
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

I was just visiting the gallery and noticed that it said there was 1 comment on one of my pictures....where exactly does that comment go???? I looked at the pictures, but they all say no comment?!?!?!
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 14:44
Forum Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by woolina
I was just visiting the gallery and noticed that it said there was 1 comment on one of my pictures....where exactly does that comment go???? I looked at the pictures, but they all say no comment?!?!?!

That means someone "voted" or rated the photo. But we have disabled this feature based on feedback. It still counts previous votes though.

Wa'il
  #45   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-03, 12:02

Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Hi, tamarian.

Why is it necessary to login with both the forum and the gallery? Is there a way to make one login suffice for both? Or, does it already work that way and I'm doing something wrong?

TIA,