Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#76   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 15:26
Anyone?? Bueller?

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 140/135/125 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 33%

Welcome Wham!! Tell us a little more about yourself! I am preparing for the holidays ahead of time. I am taking low carb appetizers and sweet treats (no one will be the wiser ) and I keep telling myself *I WILL stay focused* I've come too far these last couple of months to just blow it on one or two days. I CAN make it through!!

I've seen a slow down in my weight loss too, I guess the saying is holding true for me, that the closer you get to goal, the slower the loss. Oh well, with that slower loss, comes the better chance that it will STAY off How many carbs are you doing a day?
Sponsored Links
  #77   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 19:54
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

I had a super day! I am SOOOO loving that I can have yogurt again! YUM!

I'm off to read for a bit before bed, hope everyone had a super day too!
  #78   ^
Old Mon, Nov-24-03, 20:38

Plan: adkins
Stats: 160/148.5/130 Female 5 4
BF:
Progress: 38%

HOpe everyones day went well. I am typing you guys with my son going to sleep on my arm. That recipe you posted looks good, Becki. We had a softball game tonight. Im glad its the last one for a couple weeks. Boy, youve been busy making ornaments, havent you? Im sure they are very nice! Here goes the pecan pie recipe: crust 1/2 cup finely ground blnached almonds
1/4 cup Atkins Bake Mix
3 packets sugar substitue
1/2 stick butter, melted
filling 1 1/2 cups Atkins SF Pancake syrup
4 eggs
18 packets sugar substitute
5 tbsp butter, melted and cooled slightl
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups toasted pecan pieces
HEat oven to 350F
Mix ground almonds, bake mix, and sugar substitue in a large bowl. Stir in butter with a fork. Chill crumb mixture 20 minutes. With your fingertips press crumb mixture on bottom and sides of a 9" pie plate. Bake 7 minutes, until browned and set. REmove from oven; cool. Increase oven temperature to 375F.

For filling, bring Atkins syrup to a simmer in a small saucepan. Cook 10 minutes, until reduced by half. Remove from heat; cool to room temperature.

In a large bowl, whisk eggs, sugar substitute , melted butter and extract. Whisk in syrup. Add toasted pecan and combine well. Pour mixture into prepared piecrust and bake 20 mintues until edges are firm (center will be quivery). Transfer to a wire rac to cool.

8 SErvings Carbs ( net CArbs 5.5 Fiber 3.5

Sounds very good. I also picked up an interesting quick recipe on one of the threads. Saute pecans in butter and Splenda to make a pecan type praline. That sounds awesome.

Angie, chinese sounds SOOOOO GOOD!!! One of my favorite foods besides Italian. But the chinese foods I like are no nos on this diet. Im sorry your daughter fell from the bleachers. I cant take my eyes off my son for 2 seconds when we are at the park watching my daughter play. He is allll boy!!! Climbing anything he can find to climb. I never now what the score is.

Its just amazing that you guys have such COLD weather and we have warm weather. It was 80 today, but beautiful breeze. It felt just like spring. These kinda days inspire me to work in the garage.

Welcome to the group Wham, and sjkling. Whats your names? Matchbox 20 is so cool. My friends husband is trying to get us backstage, if so I will post pictures as soon as possible.

Alisha, how are you? We havent heard from you all day today! Write us , let us know whats going on in your busy life. I love to hear from ALLLL YOu guys! Have a good night !
  #79   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 07:05

BF:

Is it just me or do I seem to post alot Hope you guys are ready for the holidays! Im just about ready. Im going to pack today. I will post you guys tonight, and then I want be back on here until Monday, I think. We havent decided if we are coming back on Saturday or Sunday. I hope you all do not get tempted, but if you do dont stress. Remember to enjoy Thanksgiving. It only comes around once a year. You all look good with your weight anyway Hope your day goes well!
Renee
  #80   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 07:49
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

I try to post a few times a day too LOL! Keeps me honest

Have a safe trip and a wonderful Thanksgiving Renee! Thank you for the pie recipe, it looks tasty!

I'm in the process of packing for our stay at my sisters. DH will only be with us on Thursday, he is hunting again. I'd like to try and get the tree and holiday stuff up on Sunday, but we'll see. It's a pretty big project for one adult and 4 kids

Be back in a bit
  #81   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 10:11
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Angie, how are you handling this weather? brrrrr!!
I have the heat up, wool socks on, flannel pants on and I'm drinking hot coffee
  #82   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 13:05
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Me again

Just finished up with lunch, (spicy shrimp and spinach omelette with cheddar cheese and a small salad) and I'm surfing around for some spare jars for my yogurt maker.

How is everyone doing today?
  #83   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 20:35
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

I've got my pumpkin bars in the oven, ooooo they smell awesome!

I have a few last minute things to get ready and then I'm off early in the morning.

Have a super holiday! I'll try to check in at my sisters!
  #84   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 21:04

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:

Hi,
I know it is so cold. I'm a big hot tea drinker. I need to put the flannel sheets on my bed. They are so warm and comfortable. Today I went to MOPS at my church. Lots of sugary treats. However, I had a couple of small cups of coffee. I went to spinning today. Tomorrow is Wednesday and my daughter is in preschool. Thus, it is my long work out day. I also will start with my Thanksgiving meal. I purchased the turkey on Monday. The store had fresh turkeys but they were small (12 pounds and less). We like to have left overs and I like to freeze turkey meat. So I was going to get a frozen one. I spoke the man behind the meat counter and he told me all the large fresh turkeys were sold out. As I walked away, he came after me holding a 19 pound fresh turkey that someone ordered but did not pick up. So I bought it. Talk about an old married lady. During college if someone told me a turkey would excite me.... I would have told them they were crazy. Hey, guess what I did last week. My old boyfriend from college lives in Dallas and was in Madison, WI for work and fun. We talk on the phone... our relationship developed into friendship. Anyway, he asked me to meet him for dinner last Thursday in Madison. I said sure and then asked my husband later that week if he was ok with it. My husband was ok so I met him and another one of his buddies and we went out for Mexican. I had a lot of fun. We were able to catch up about old friends. The last time I saw him was about 7 years ago. I told several girlfriends and they thought my husband was crazy to allow me go. I then called another friend and she told me that she would not care if her husband went out for lunch or dinner with an old flame. I must admit, I called her because I knew that she would say that response. Would your husband be ok with that? Or would you be ok with your husband doing that? This sounds like a truth or dare question. Angie
  #85   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 21:29
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

My husband would NOT be ok with it LOL! He is Mr. Jealous with a capital J

WTG getting that turkey!

Did you guys go to Pedros? I have to stay away from there.. the fresh tortillas with butter and the chips with salsa just kill me!!!!!!
  #86   ^
Old Tue, Nov-25-03, 22:51

BF:

Hello Becki, Angie, Alisha, and everyone else new! I will soon learn your names also but I have to go back a couple screens to see them. Hope your day went well. Im writing very late, but happens that Ive been loading up the car. We are leaving at 6AM. We also were at ChuckeCheese for a BDay party until after 10 tonight. The kids had a great time, and so did I. My DH was ready to go a long time before. Its just after 12 now.

You guys have really cold weather huh? I checked our forecast for the next several days, and the temperatures are in the 70's and 80's. Ill be glad when we get our cold weather. It may last 3 to 4 weeks when it gets here. Hopefully longer, we will see.

Angie, I wouldnt even ask my DH If I could eat dinner with an old flame. And I would care if he dared ask me If he could eat with an old flame. Everyones relationship is different. If I were to run across an old flame, I would probably feel guilty for just carrying on a conversation with that person. Thats just me. I know what would upset my DH, and vice versa.

I hope you all have a great Thanksgiving! We will be back Saturday night so I can write then. Have alot of stuff for me to read on here when I get back.
Good night!
  #87   ^
Old Wed, Nov-26-03, 18:32
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hi everyone

Had a change in plans and we are not traveling until tomorrow now.

Hope everyone has a Happy Thanksgiving!
  #88   ^
Old Thu, Nov-27-03, 13:39

Stats: 137/133/125 Female 5'6
BF:

Hello all,

I was busy yesterday and today. The turkey is in the oven and the house is cleaned. My husband is watching football. I wish I understood football. He likes to watch Green Bay play. I like basketball much more. Probably because it is quick and I understand what is going on. Now, I'm waiting for my guests. I really love turkey. We'll have left overs. So I can make soup and stir fry. We are having a very traditional meal. If I stick to turkey and the green bean casserole, I'll be ok. Hope you all have a good holiday. I went for a walk this morning. What a great day. It must be 55 degrees outside. Angie
  #89   ^
Old Fri, Nov-28-03, 09:57
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Hi everyone!
I hope you had a wonderful holiday yesterday!

I did wonderfully! I got some questioning looks from family, but everyone kept their comments to themselves, thank goodness. I was just waiting for the *it's a holiday, can't you just enjoy yourself..blah blah) I enjoyed myself just fine with the cheesy cocktail meatballs I brought for an appetizer, fresh veggies, plenty of turkey, cheesy cauliflower and the dessert I made (which they all enjoyed as well ) There were 2 things I avoided, knowing that if I tried *just a little* it would trigger a snarf fest, alcohol and the baked brie my sister makes. I could eat the WHOLE thing it is THAT good.
I actually ended up under 20 carbs for the day so I enjoyed another LC pumpkin bar and some decaf with cream when we got home last night.

I am SO proud of myself!
  #90   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 08:48
Anyone?? Bueller?

BF:

Good morning!

Well, my whole house has come down with the flu... yuckO! We were holiday shopping yesterday and my oldest was sick in the car, my daughter started as soon as we got home and my toddler started around 11. I thought the baby was going to be ok, but around 4 this morning he started.. and DH and I are not sick yet, but not feeling *right*, so we'll see how the rest of the day goes.

All I have planned for the day is laundry, laundry, laundry..we went through every crib and twin sheet we own last night