Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Sat, Nov-29-03, 04:21

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Good Morning all
Welp, I'm going to go ahead and take today off too. My company leaves today, and I can get back into a routin again. Besides, after addin all that weight 5lbs to each hand) It would be good to give my arms a rest. don't want to pull anything Will difenly be up way before the rooster( lucky #$$%$##) and do my workout tommorrow. Hubby has to go back to work, bummer. Sooo tomorrow is going to be my monday. Hope everyone is enjoying there weekend and I will check in, in the AM
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 02:56

BF:

Happy Sunday

Got my 2 mile in this morning. I was bad yesterday, I forgot to eat I was so busy after my company left I didn't think to eat. about 6:00pm I relized it grab a 2oz bag of sunflower seeds and ate those. I tell you wht, it took everything I had to finish my 2 miles. But I did it. I am cooking me breakfast NOW Don't even want to do tht again. I have never had to make myself eat (much less forget to eat) sure like lowcarbing

Have a great sunday all, and hope to see some of you back sooon,
cheryl
  #93   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 05:54

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Sunday's report

Cheryl,there are times I get so busy doing stuff I forget to eat. Then I get realy shaky and and have to make myself eat just to calm down.
Yesterday,I started really cleaning stuff in the basement and today,I'm so stiff and sore I had to soak. Don't think I will be doing much today.
  #94   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 06:23
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 210/204/150 Female 5'6
BF:too much
Progress: 10%

I'd like to join your club! I was planning on getting out twice this week anyway. Gotta start increasing the exercise...
  #95   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 18:26

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLC
I'd like to join your club! I was planning on getting out twice this week anyway. Gotta start increasing the exercise...

WElcome DLC
I have to get back into my exercising this week for sure.I am restarting my Atkins tomorrow too. Boy! Can I feel the difference too,since eating whatever I want. My body is just dragging along
  #96   ^
Old Sun, Nov-30-03, 21:59
Contributing Member

Plan: general low carb
Stats: 167/167/145 Female 5 foot 10 inches
BF:

Is this a walking Away the Pounds club? Does everyone use the Leslie's videos?
I am starting induction tomorrow, and tonight I got out my Walking Away the Pounds Videos. I did the Power Mile tonight.

I would love to keep track of my Walk Away the Pounds with everyone.
  #97   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 03:16

BF:

Good Monday morning to all

Welcome DLC and patchlady. Yes we do the walk away the pounds tapes, plus others add curves and other exersice in addition to doing the tapes. Join us. I like to post daily, others drop in a few times a week, or even once a week.

Jackie yesterday, I ate like a pig, stayed in the 20 carb range, UNTIL that PECAN PIE called me LOL Boy it was GREAT with whip cream. Donn't feel I cheated, just ate something that I only make at the Holidays . It surprised me that it didn't send me on a big surger binge. Once I ate it, I was happy and no longer wanting to eat So today I wil be staying in the 20 carb range with you

Got My 2 mile in and today it felt pretty good. No draging like the day before. from now on going to make sure I don't forget to eat. LOL. I am going to start doing ab workouts, every other day. starting to really see a difference in my butt, and tummy area. (I don't feel soooooo Round LOL) Hope everyone gets a good work out in
Cheryl
  #98   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 05:25

BF:
Default Monday

Welcome Patchlady. This is the spot you wanna be at.
I'm hoping to come home tonite and do some of the walking video.
Cheryl,I know how you feel on the Pecan pie. Only mine was apple with whip cream.It was good,but I felt so bloated afterwards.
Today,I'm restarting induction and Luckily when I weighed in this morning I haven't gained at all,so guess I didn't blow it totally.
Hope everyone comes back here now the Thanksgiving holidays are over.
  #99   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 07:47
Registered Member

Plan: protein power
Stats: 210/204/150 Female 5'6
BF:too much
Progress: 10%
Default walked a while

Well I went for my first walk in a long time yesterday. IT was only 40 min but it felt like 10 miles!!! Very hard to believe that a few short (very short) years ago I was jogging 7-10k several times a week. And I thought I was fat then!!! UGGG
Wee should keep tabs on our times or miles...

DL - 40 min
  #100   ^
Old Mon, Dec-01-03, 09:23
Contributing Member

BF:

Hi Everyone...After a few times coming to this board I will get to know eveyrone a bit better.

I did the one mile video this morning. I have about 6 of her videos. I haven't worked out is so long that I want to take it slow, a little at time and build up. If I do too much too soon, I will think it is too much like work.

DL I know what you mean about a few short years ago running....It was only 4 years ago that I ran a 10 mile race. Now I am having a hard time getting through the lone mile walking video!!!

Today is my first day on induction. So far so good.
  #101   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 04:05

BF:

Good morning fellow walkers
Welp today I steped up my routin. I did the 3 mile tape, had no problems and added a work out for the abs. feeling really good. I have also got the power 90 tapes, so tomorrow I'm going to do the sculpting tape (weight traning). I am going to start alternating, walking one day, weight training the next day. I'm starting to feel stronger and feel the need to incress my workouts.

I am have one prob. I am getting this starving reaction in the afternoon, and no matter how much proten or faty foods I eat it does not stop. SOOOO yesterday I ate another piece of pecan pie w/ whipcream. and it stoped. I was fine. NO urge to eat after that. Now I have been keeping my carbs low 20- 25 daily. no hunger until I upped my work outs. Today, I'm going to try to eat every couple of hours and see if that helps.

Patchlady and dlc, maybe you can help me with this, as you were both runners.
Do you think I might need to add a proten shake in (I like the carb solutins) Just need to get rid of this staving feeling. Also, I don't use any artifical sweeteners or drink soda's. gave them all up when I started atkins. I drink over 128oz of water daily. Any words to the wise would be helpfull Thanks
Cheryl
  #102   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 05:23
Contributing Member

BF:

I remember when I was training hard, working out in the mornings I would get so hungry in the afternoon. I was starving!!! I would eat lunch and continue eating through out the afternoon, and then have a light dinner if that, and not eat the rest of the evening.

I tried everything, from eating a bigger breakfast, more protein etc. But every afternoon I was starving. I would try to eat LC.

I think it was just my body saying it needed food because I was working out every morning 45-60 minute of cardio and either upper or lower body weight training plus stretching or yoga. My workouts were 1.5 hours and very intense.

Wow...looking back...how did I let myself get so out of shape???
  #103   ^
Old Tue, Dec-02-03, 06:28

BF:

Cheryl,I do real good until around 3 or 4. Then I start feeling shaky a bit. So,I grab one of the low carb chocolate candy bars and I'm fine.I need to find something else to munch on at work tho. I don't like the pork rinds.
I still haven't gotten to the exercise part yet.I'm either too cold or too stiff. I guess any excuse will work,huh?
DLC and Patchlady,I can't see me even jogging with my bad ankles.I HAVE GOT TO FIND TIME to get to my mom's and get the bike. Maybe that will help pump me up to work out more.
Yesterday did good on the re induction. Winter is sure gonna be hard on me to keep this up.I just don't do winters well.
  #104   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 04:44

BF:

Good morning everyone

Jackie don't worry about, jumping in quickly. go slow. Your staring to get your eating habits back, (induction has a way of draging people down) Take care of that first, then bring the workout in when you feel ready. I'm sure your having to deal with alot still. Everything will start falling back in place. I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE. yOUR STUCK WITH ME KID

Patchlady I look back, and boy I really use to push the max on workouts. use to do ski machine at least an hour or so every morning. use to drive my kids crazy hearing that woosh woosh at 5:00 am. I had head sets on so it didn't bug me LOL The funny thing is no matter how hard I worked out (aroebic) I never really lost weight. in fact I would gain. This time I am combineing LC, weight training along with aroebic. Hopefull this will be my ticket. would love to have a waist. always been square. LOL. (same measurements straight down). Hated high school gym (where they called you up in front of the class and weighed and measured I swear I was 36 36 36. ) I was scared for life LOL But I got over it. Now at 45 my Butt got bigger LOL.

This morning went great. I did my power 90 sculpt tape (not to bad) but after the work out I missed my walking Soooo I grabed my 2 mile tape and my 5lbs each weights and went at it loved every minite of it. Feel some soreness in my ad's this morning form yesterday, so I must have done something right there Darn if that pecan pie didn't get me again yesterday and right before bed. I left it out and my hubby and kids wiped it out(wooohooo). The evil has been eaten LOL

Went ahead and took my measurements today (not square this time LOL) I cleaned the room my scale was in(I have an antique doctors scale) when I moved it, it messes it up (its on a carpet) soooo My next weigh in could be anything. Need to find another spot for it on a flat surface. I figure Im not going to get to hung up on the numbers, since I started lifting weights. I might even gain (but it was sure nice watching it go down LOL I think my tape measure will become my friend LOL.

Boy was I jabbering this morning. LOL Everyone have a great day. think we will be getting rain and snow burrrrrr.
Cheryl
  #105   ^
Old Wed, Dec-03-03, 05:58

BF:
Default WEd

Cheryl,I am not stuck with you girl, BUT GLAD TO BE YOUR BUDDY
I know I still have alot to deal with with my mom,and I am doing on I guess.I still think I need to come home and give her a call and tell her how my day went.
Then I realize I can't,so I just tell her in my prayers. Sounds wacky,huh?
My brothers and sister have another meeting Saturday. My one brother is the executive of the will and seems like he found out some more news.
My sister lived with my mom (she is 60) and hasn't worked for years. Why,we never quite understood,but now she has to find a job and a place to live. It's in the will the house gets sold. I find part of me angry cause she spent her life doing NOTHING and part of me worries,because I can't do anything to help her.
My mom was always in great health until this fall and staff infection.
Actually she made me look ill because she walked in the morning and evening and plus even at 82 she worked out during the day.I just don't know what my sister is going to do.She just says God will provide,but you can't sit by and let God totally do it all,ya know.
On a lighter note. I was always told not to have your scales on carpet.Maybe you will have to move it and readjust it,ya think?
I fudged lastnight too. My daughter made a peach cobbler and since I hardly ate at all all day,I had a piece. So,my little punishment was I had wild dreams all night. I do that when I eat sweets right before bed.