Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Beginner/Low Intensity
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 06:37

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

thanks for the encouragement! how to describe curves? there are several resistance training stations that you go through, each one works on a specific body area....there are walking stations in between each station, so you can get strength and aerobic benefits. i am trying to go there three times a week, and then walk another mile with "leslie" three times a week!

glad to hear from all of you....sassy, i hope your mom does well with her rehab..
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Nov-14-03, 06:39

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 190/190/90 Female 153
BF:
Progress: 0%

im doing swimming 3 times a week and using the gym at least 5 times a week and doing cardio and weight lifting but i love it. go for a walk for 20 mins in the morning.
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 05:54

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 214/214/190 Female 5ft
BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjkling
thanks for the encouragement! how to describe curves? there are several resistance training stations that you go through, each one works on a specific body area....there are walking stations in between each station, so you can get strength and aerobic benefits. i am trying to go there three times a week, and then walk another mile with "leslie" three times a week!

glad to hear from all of you....sassy, i hope your mom does well with her rehab..

Sjkling,my mom passed away Friday. She got a staff infection and it took her pretty fast. She was only about 81 pounds and 5ft 8 or 9 and 82yrs old.
I'm still in shock with it all
  #49   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 06:37

Plan: what ever
Stats: 198/177/000 Female 5'5
BF:
Progress: 11%

Jackie,

I'm Sooooo sorry to hear your mom Passed, My thoughts prayers are with you

Cheryl
  #50   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 06:57

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

my prayers are with you! sorry to hear the sad news.
  #51   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 19:20

BF:

Thanks for all your wishes. It still hasn't set in I guess.Today,I really haven't done much of anything. Just kept myself busy doing laundry and stuff.
  #52   ^
Old Sat, Nov-15-03, 20:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

I was doing some browsing on the forum and came across this thread.I saw a few friendly faces that I recognize from another exercise thread.Hi Maureen and Jackie.

A few weeks ago one of my daughters gave me the Leslie Sansone WATP 4 Mile Super Challenge exercise video for my 53rd birthday.This is my first Leslie WATP exercise video.I am enjoying it so much.Since I am a beginner I do it 2 miles for 30 minutes.I was doing it every day plus riding my stationary bike most days for 15 minutes.This past Monday my knees started aching quite a bit so I thought I better let up some on my exercising.I checked my exercise log.I had done a 30 minute exercise routine for 7 weeks straight without a day off.

I am now trying to do the WATP routine 5 days a week and no bike riding for now.Want to give my knees a little rest.

Think that I will enjoy checking in with everyone and seeing how y'all are doing.

Oh,by the way,I like the way Leslie leads the routine.She is so encouraging.I don't feel one bit bad if I slow down since I do have a problem following some of the more intense routines such as the kick backs and moving your arms above your head at the same time.That is a little too much for me right now,lol.

Jackie....again,I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your mother.

Keep moving everyone.

Nancy
  #53   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 03:13

BF:

Welcome Chloesue , GEMMA70
Yes join us
If you can just check in and let us Know wht your up to. keeps us all going.
Well yesterday and today am not working out due to (tom) oh boy.
I will get going again in the morning Already miss it when I can't do it LOL.

Jackie is your ab machine the one by sussan summers, I have the torso track. forgot all about it LOL. Its in the closet collecting dust. Maybe I'll pull it out and do that 3 days aweek

Everyone have a Great Day
Cheryl
  #54   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 06:31

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfnmom
Welcome Chloesue , GEMMA70
Yes join us
If you can just check in and let us Know wht your up to. keeps us all going.
Well yesterday and today am not working out due to (tom) oh boy.
I will get going again in the morning Already miss it when I can't do it LOL.

Jackie is your ab machine the one by sussan summers, I have the torso track. forgot all about it LOL. Its in the closet collecting dust. Maybe I'll pull it out and do that 3 days aweek

Everyone have a Great Day
Cheryl

No Cheryl, it is one I got at Walmart. It is like a U- SHAPE. You get under it and lay your head on one bar and then put your hands on the top and as you push forward you are doing crunches. It was about $20.00 I forgot I even had it too.
  #55   ^
Old Sun, Nov-16-03, 16:58
Registered Member

Stats: 239/217/175 Female 5 feet 10 inches
BF:
Progress: 34%

Hello Everyone,

I just wanted to say I glanced at your thread last week and I was in the United States shopping last Sunday (shopping for lc products and stuff made with splenda) and saw a 2 pack of the walk away the pounds dvd..so I picked it up.

I have fibromylgia and other health problems so most exercises I have problems doing. Walking is basically the only thing that doesn't feel to bad for me. I am feeling though much better since I started atkins on Septemeber 30. Before that I was hardly able to move. The difference is unbelievable. I am 25 and want to be able to do more so I think these tapes will be perfect.

I did the 1 mile two days ago and tried the 2 mile today. I am sore today and couldn't do all the strechy stuff though (i am sore all the time, but I know more from the exercise ). But it did feel good.

It is hard to believe how fast the time goes by when doing the tapes.

If it is not too late I wouldn't mind checking in here to keep motivated.

Thanks,
Kathy
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 03:07

BF:

GOOD MORNING FELLOW WALKERS

Hi, Kathy and welcome to our group. Just jump on and and join us.

Got my 2 miles in this morning, boy did I sweat like a pig to day LOL. All those evil toxins leaving

Today, Im going to risk going into the closit and pull out my torso track. If you all don't hear from me send out a rescue squad to get me out of the closet LOL.

Welp You all have a great day, and push play
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 04:23

Stats: 244/226/155 Female 5 Foot 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Good Morning,
Wanted to ask if any of you have achy knees from doing the WATP routine? I've been doing 2 miles for 30 minutes of the 4 Mile WATP Super Challenge.It is quite a work out.Last week I noticed that my knees were starting to ache some from doing the routine.I had been doing it every day for 2 weeks.

Yesterday I decided to ride my stationary bike 6 miles for 30 minutes.I had been riding my stationary bike most days for 6 miles and 30 minutes from July to October without any achy knees.That is what made me wonder if anyone else has experienced this.

Nancy

Last edited by Chloesue : Mon, Nov-17-03 at 04:24.
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Nov-17-03, 05:36

BF:
Default Monday

Welcome Zoya, you will certainly keep motivated here.
I've really astray all weekend,but I'm also tryng to deal with the loss of mymom.
I am going to work today because actually I don't know what else to do with myself until her lay out Tuesday.
I just have to keep busy.
These boards help remind me that I do have to take care of myself still.
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 03:40

BF:

GOOD MORNING, GOOD MORNING, GOOD MORNING

It is raining good here this morning, sooo its good I walk indoors LOL
Did my 2 mile tape, but had to hold anckle weights during the workout, Yesterday, right at the end of my work out my ab belt broke and smacked me in the face. ouchhhh. So This morining I grabed 2 of my sons 2.1/2 lbs ea, ankle weights and held them. Boy I got a better workout then with the belt. , and sweat pouing off of me. I also add a couple face exersises from my body flex tape. Looks so stuped but I want to tone up the face area too.

Nancy, If you have acouple ace bandages, you can wrap your knees, for support during your workout. Not way tight, just enough to stapleize the area. I have a bad knee (had a cartledge taken out when I was 16, played alot of sports, sooo I use to wrap it, and it made a differance. Now with that said, if you are having alot of pain, then I would let your knees rest awhile, and do something else.

sjkling Where are youuuuuuu LOL. In my book, lifting that coffee cup 20 times daily, and Flipping those newspaper pages, it concidered a workout. you are woking out those arms. Curves sound fun, wish I had the time to get out and do something like that, but in this house I just can't make plans, I never know whts going to pop up( 4 grown kids 2 high school kids and 3 grandchildern poping in and out all the time LOL) but I love it. I never get bored.

Jackie yes you do have to take care of yourself, I know this is hard on you, So just make sure you eat and rest, you don't need to wear yourself down and end up getting sick. That is an order from your buddie.

Cheryl
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 05:45

BF:
Default Tuesday

Yes Cheryl,I have to take care of myself. It still hasn't hit me yet,but will today when I go to the funeral home.
It's raining here in St. Louis too.
I may be straying off Atkins a bit,but not that much.My appetite is zilch right now and I eat only because I have too and someone is there to make sure I do.So,I only eat a little bit.
I think maybe once all this is over,we just may do a week of induction to get restarted.