Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 00:57

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%
Thumbs up Its Tomorrow

Well everyone, tomorrow is our meet up. Glad to say there are no engineering works on my railway line.

Don't forget to bring some lose change. The lous at Euston are a 20p turnstyle.

Glad to say that I'm feeling a lot better today, hope I'll be 100% tomorrow.

I'll check this site out before I leave, around 1 pm, for any last minute messages from anyone. Otherwise, I'll see you there.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 06:16
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/209/140 Female 63 inches
BF:
Progress: 23%
Default have a great day

have a great day out in london,
i hope that the weather holds for you all.
watch the board for a northern get together early in the new year
dolli
  #48   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 07:46

Plan: atkins
Stats: 230/161.2/146 Female 5ft 6in
BF:yep, sure have !!
Progress: 82%

see you alltomorrow - im meeting Lindy at one of the platforms at Euston at 2.30 so we should be with you a few minutes aftr that.

Hope everyone has a safe journey and c u soon.....

Lisa x
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 12:17

Plan: atkins/bernstein
Stats: 105/105/105 Female 63ins
BF:
Progress:

have a good time everyone and take plenty of piccys.hope the weather keeps fine.take care,
  #50   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 13:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 260/142/140 Female 5.7 inches
BF:
Progress: 98%
Default Have a great time

Dear Anne

I do hope you all have a great time tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you as I take minutes in an excruciatingly dull meeting! Fingers crossed you are feeling on top form by then so you can enjoy the party. Hope everyone travels safely. I do hope there'll be another get together before too long.

Vanessa
  #51   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 13:12

Stats: 152/136/119 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 48%

At the moment it doesn't look like i can come, my Mum couldn't take my kids as she has other arrangements but one of my mates agreed to have them tomorrow and i was going to have hers Sunday. She was admitted to hospital this morning with chest pains, haven't found out what is wrong yet an exray has showed her lungs are ok but she is going to have to wait until Monday for a scan!!!
I am working on my DH at the moment to take the day off but it doesn't look good. Thought about bringing the rug rats with me but i can't really afford to, plus their moans of i'm bored will put a downer on the meet lol.

Going back to the hospital tomorrow morning so if things do change then i wont have time to post on here, so it will be a nice surprise for you all if i do make it LOL

Anyway if i don't you all must promise that we will have another meet up as i've been looking forward to meeting up with you all.
  #52   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 13:20

Hi Ebbie

I hope that your friend is OK. So if we see you, we see you, if not then next time.
  #53   ^
Old Fri, Oct-03-03, 15:51

BF:

I'M COMING

DH has just got home, bless him he has done over time tonight so he can take tomorrow off, especially as we were all woken at 4.40 this morning by the telephone. When we got to the hospital they thought one of her lungs had collapsed but an x ray ruled this out, trying to find out why she can't have a scan until monday is like banging your head against a wall. She is in a lot of pain and finding breathing difficult i feel she is being treated apallingly but what can you do, its not the nurses fault, anyway at least they are keeping her in and not sending her home in this state. Though mind you in her best interests i don't think any of us would of taken her home! I'm going back to see her tomorrow morning and then getting on the train to see you all, i'm going to try and charge up my digital camera but the last time i used it there was a problem with the battery, so fingers crossed it will charge for me.
  #54   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 01:50

Brilliant news Ebbie. See you there.
  #55   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 02:08
Keto-licious

Plan: Atkins/low carb
Stats: 211.6/208/200 Female 5ft 6"
BF:38/38%/20%
Progress: 31%

Will be there!!! Will be arriving on Platform 8 (normally) and meeting up with Lisa ... see you all at the food court!

Lindyxx
  #56   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 12:54

Hey, it was great seeing you all. Fine is going to do a report and has a photo of us all. There were 7 of us in the end.

We have arranged to meet up again on 6th December. I'll start a new thread with the details.

Thanks again to everyone who made it.
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Oct-04-03, 13:05

BF:

Hi all just got back.

A big thank you to everyone who made it and an extra big thank you to Anne for arranging it all.
I had a great time meeting you all, can't believe the time flew so fast. Can't wait till the next one!!

Popped into the hospital on the way home my mate was under a different consultant today and he wasn't having the fact the scan was to be Monday and she had one today. She has some small blood clots on one of her lungs but it is not serious thank heavens, she should be home either tomorrow or Monday when her breathing has improved. It turned out the CT scan was fully booked yesterday and the consultant then didn't think it was serious enough to book it through as an emergency (which would of been cheaper then her taking up a bed all weekend!!) However the one today did treat it seriously and got her the scan, thank heavens the clots were only small i dread to think what could of happened if they had been large ones! Anyway at least everything turned out well in the end.
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 05:52
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

hope you all have a great time I wish I could be there, but London is a bit far!! but we are arranging a nothern get together soon!!
Take plenty of pictures so we can see them on the site.
take care
Lynda x
  #59   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 05:54
Yo-Yo

Plan: Lighter Life
Stats: 284/234/167 Female 5 foot 10 inchs
BF:yes very!!!
Progress: 43%

just read ebbies last message and have now realised you have all been!! Hope you all had a great day and had loads to talk about. and as ebbie says I bet time flew so quickly!!
  #60   ^
Old Sun, Oct-05-03, 08:22

Plan: Curves starting 13/4/04
Stats: 157/142/135 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 68%
Default Yesterday in London

Well what can I say - I was sooooo excited when we met up - it was fab!
Leigh and I caught a train down to London, I'm convinced it was the slowest boat to China!!! Anyways we had a couple of hours to kill and so went to Covent Garden which was nice then walked back to Piccadilly Circus to tube it to Euston. All day Leigh and I were betting a glass of wine on things, like what side the platform will be, and how many people were going to turn up etc ... needless to say Leigh won! We got to the Food Court Hall and found a double table and Anne came then Lisa and Lindy came (they had met up at the Euston Station, Lisa came from Raunds which is about 30 miles away from where Leigh and I live, Lindy came from not too far away at all, as had Anne) then Ebbie pitched up all the way from Brighton! She drove to Purley (?) and then tubed it in from there, finally Giulia arrived, that was a yay cos we didn't even know she was even coming - she is from Reading (I love that word for a place it sounds soooo academic) Anyways, we all sat down and intro'd us and where we hailed from etc, and bought a cup of tea/coffee and sat down and chatted - boy we didn't stop for nearly nearly 3 hours!!! We did laugh and we got to know each other so nicely swapping tips, hints, hangover food ideas, stall ideas, what we did for a living, kids, families, cooking - boy all sorts really but what was really interesting was the fact that 2 people just weren't there....! Between the 7 of us we had lost an amazing 276.5 lbs - hold on whilst I work that out in stones....here we go...19.75 stones - quite a bit hey? Also it took 80 months to do this in which is 6.6 years, which is quite ok doncha think??? We worked that out to be roughly 2 people so that's why we were 7 minus 2 people cos we had lost them....!
I really think that it went well and Anne is now organising the next one for 6 December 03. Let's hope that it's as successful if not more so than this one.
Leigh and I then walked to King's Cross but before we did we stopped off at a pub cos I owed her all those bets! So we had a bottle of red between us to celebrate the super day we had meeting all of you, and caught the next train home for 2200-ish, I had church this morning and so that is why this is late being posted - sorry folks! But seriously super honestly thanks Anne for organising and thanks Ebbie, Giulia, Lisa, Lindy and Leigh for turning up cos it was great. Bit like a monopoly board really (ha ha)
Ok now to upload the photo of us all, I will also upload to my www's at the end of my posts....
Back row is Ebbie, Leigh, Fi & Giulia
Front row is Anne, Linda and Lisa
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Us lot 04 Oct 03.jpg (62.8 KB, 42 views)

Last edited by fine : Sun, Oct-05-03 at 08:24.