Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 08:09

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

btw if anyone dunno where to get Xenadrine, you can get it from a store that is increasing their branches all over sg. It is called GNC ....

sharks, GNC changed their policy about redeeming pts. argh!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Sep-15-03, 08:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 223/200/143 Male 173cm
BF:
Progress:

Xenadrine EFX is cheaper if ordered overseas. I am intending to get a bottle of CBLOCK (Carb blocker) from Bodybuilding.com. If anyone of you are interested in getting Xenadrine EFX from the same webbie, maybe we can combine purchase (to save on shipping cost)

Last edited by Newbie123 : Mon, Sep-15-03 at 08:36.
  #18   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 06:39

BF:

actually the very first supplement i tried was carb blocker. then later i moved on to xenadrine. and my verdict is still holding onto xenadrine...

how much cheaper is it to order xenadrine overseas?
  #19   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 06:54

BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumih_81
actually the very first supplement i tried was carb blocker. then later i moved on to xenadrine. and my verdict is still holding onto xenadrine...

how much cheaper is it to order xenadrine overseas?

A bottle of Xenadrine EFX cost about $60.80 SGD according to Bodybuilding.com. Definitely cheaper than what G*C is selling and its the new formula and not the RFA-1 (which is available ~ G*C) without Ma Huang
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 07:08
Registered Member

Stats: 228/209/180 Male 184cm
BF:
Progress: 40%
Talking

Hi, you guys can count me out of any stuff that creates thermogenesis. My heart get irregular beats the last time i took stuff like that.

But i am open to other stuff...but not right now.

Anyway, got myself a pack of soya flour and going to expriment cooking with it, more like baking with it.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 08:49

Plan: atkins
Stats: 136/136/110 Female 165
BF:
Progress:

oohh where'd u find the soya flour?
i couldn't find it at any of the supermkts =(

fumih .. why'd u say chromium picolinate is bad? seems like thats the only one they sell at GNC/nature's farm n its listed in the recommended supplements in atkins book tho ..
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Sep-16-03, 09:10
Registered Member

BF:

I got my 1kg soya flour from "PHOON HUAT & CO PTE LTD". They got a few branches all over the island depends on where you live. There is one at Sembawang MRT station.

BTW, my first baking expriment now inside rubbish dump

It is alot more easier baking with flour that soya flour.
  #23   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 05:35
Registered Member

Plan: stillman's
Stats: 125/125/94
BF:
Progress: 0%

Quote:
Originally Posted by saymeng
I got my 1kg soya flour from "PHOON HUAT & CO PTE LTD". They got a few branches all over the island depends on where you live. There is one at Sembawang MRT station.

BTW, my first baking expriment now inside rubbish dump

It is alot more easier baking with flour that soya flour.

hey. anyone of u noe those dim sum low carb friendly? me and my frens went to eat dim sum den i ate the siew mai and the 'pau'. of cos the pau got take away the skin.
  #24   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 10:19

BF:

chromium picolinate is said to affect ur offspring...something to do with genes i guess. it was like a more 'recent' findings and published in the papers. you can search for this supplement in this forum, probably you will see threads talking abt this particular ingredient. but take note, just this version of chromium. other versions are absolutely fine as of now... =P

dim sum? the first thing i tot was only siew mai. thats all actually...and dont forget the siew mai contains corn starch as well.

what do y'all bake with soya flour? i never tried it.
  #25   ^
Old Wed, Sep-17-03, 17:33
Registered Member

BF:

siew mai also got sugar in them, basically most of cantonese cooking will contain sugar.

BTW, anyone knows where I can buy "Splenda"? I tried "sweet and low" for baking and the bitter taste is very very bad.
  #26   ^
Old Sat, Sep-20-03, 22:35

Stats: 143/139/121 Female 164
BF:
Progress:
Talking Anyone tried this?

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie in this forum. Was wondering if anyone has heard of or tried Guggulbolic (another thermogenic)? You can buy it in Singapore ~ $55. See details below. Got the information from http://www.nutri-forefront.com/

Cheers,
Ginkgo

Guggulbolic
Metabolic Regulator by Syntrax

Syntrax believes that losing weight is of little value if most/ all of the weightloss is in muscle/ lean tissue. Their products are specifically designed to target adipose tissue and preserve lean body mass, resulting in a rapid and powerful leaning effect.

Guggulbolic is a very special, high-potency guggul extract which conforms to all Ayurvedic standards of extraction. Guggulbolic has been shown in studies to dramatically increase the rate of fat loss by increasing thyroid hormone levels. This effect is quite noticeable and one can actually feel a rise in body temperature.

Guggulsterones have been shown in studies to drastically reduce cholesterol levels, improve acne conditions, and increase thyroid hormone levels (thus greatly increasing fat loss). While some other supplement companies use a solvent extracted low-potency guggul extract, Syntrax Innnovations, Inc. uses a special high potency natural extract which conforms to all Ayurvedic criteria.

Guggulbolic Metabolic Regulator 90 caps: S$55.00
  #27   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 08:03

Stats: 90/86/80 Female 149cm
BF:
Progress:
Unhappy

Hello fellow Singa LCers,
Have been following this forum for at lease 2 months now and hv been on & off Atkins without much success.

Actually I am not overweight (45kg) but just flabby and fat at the wrong places! I was actually on a vegetarian diet for almost 2 years!!

Started on Atkins again (3 weeks ago) and did quite well until last Sat. I busted my diet "overdose" of peanuts sob....
The effect was instant! The next day my tummy bloat like nobody's business. I was so demorlaised that I ate some more carbs, 1 apple and at least 10 seeds of ranbutan.....

BTW, is Ngoh Hiang and fried Tau Kwa a low carb food? Thought of having them as Breakfast. Got tired of eggs eggs and more eggs...

About Splenda. Spoke to Staff of NTUC, actually splenda is banned in Singapore that is why all supermarkets do not carry them now.

About Xenadrine, will it help if I do not exercise?
  #28   ^
Old Thu, Sep-25-03, 08:15

BF:

these days been busy. i just want to say dont buy Xenadrine EFX. GNC said it contains a banned substance. that is why they only sell the RFA-1 version. i just got myself the RFA-1 again....Xenadrine is still very much the best among other similar supplements. no irregular heart beats for me...and the taste not too yucky.just that my finger will fidget a little sometimes.
  #29   ^
Old Sat, Sep-27-03, 19:05

BF:
Progress:

Xenadrine RFA-1 is the one that contains the banned substance, ephedrine (otherwise know as Ma Huang). Xenadrine EFX is the new version without ephedrine. I have been on Xenadrine RFA-1 for the past 3 weeks. It gives a increased burst of energy after 30mins. Can really "feel" it. Initially got those jitters but a couple of days, my body got used to it, now is ok liao. Anyway for Xendarine, its best to cycle it. 3 weeks on, 1 weeks off (or 2 weeks on 2 week off) so that the body will not get accustomed to it.
  #30   ^
Old Sun, Sep-28-03, 01:23

BF:

yeah it seems like they took out the ma huang substance for the sg RFA-1 bottles. So why they dont sell the EFX version in Sg?

newbie...do you take the full 4 capsules a day? Imagine there are only 60 in one bottle...and that makes it last half a month. I think I will prefer to take 2 only before I workout. Or else, it could be 1 capsule before meal. Yeah my preference will be no capsules during wkends to reduce dependency on it.