Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 22:44

Plan: atkins
Stats: 160/143/125 Female 5-6
BF:got/luv/handles
Progress: 49%
Default yet another atkins fat fast thread

I dont necessarly need to do the fat fast, IM just really curious if it works. I started doing it today and Im feeling fine. Im not even hungry at all, I thought I would be starving, fat is just so great at sustaining our bodies! Anyways Im going to slooooowly introduce induction to prevent weight gain. Has anyone had success on the fat fast? Ill let you guys know how it goes in a few days, Im sure alot of people are as curious about it as I am.

Oh yeah, Im new here, but I must say, you guys rock! You have answered sooo many of my questions that I couldnt have possibly found anywhere else on the internet.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 23:15

Plan: Low carb
Stats: 224/217/159 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 11%

Hi Skibunny
I don't know what you mean by the fat fast. Can you explain for this blonde? Also, nice to see you here and I wish you great success! I feel the best ever on Atkins!
Annie-Pie
  #3   ^
Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 23:38

The fat fast is intended for metabolically changled people. Dr atkins modified it, its on his website, just look it up in the search engine. Basically you eat 4-5 small meals containing aproximently 200 calories each. These meals are high fat, low carbs. For example an oz of cream cheese, tuna w/ mayo, ect. You are not suppose to go over 1000 calories a day and you are suppose to continue this for 3-5 days. Now here is the thing, most people lose about 5 lbs and then gain it back. You have to spend a week after that eating a modified version of this (its listed in the atkins site) before you continue with your normal lc lifestyle. This is suppose to break stalls and put people into heavy ketosis. Ill let you know how it goes in a few days.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 05:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 211/148/122 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 71%

Hi ski,
I did the fat fast and lost 4 lbs and then did the modified one and lost nothing. I did not gain the 4 lbs back that I lost though. I then moved to induction and realized I needed to keep my fat intake around 70% and continually lost after that. Good luck, DOnnie
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 10:17

Stats: 239/203/160 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 46%

I am a modified fat faster too. This will be my 3rd round of MFF. Those little meals help out a lot with curbing the hunger. A Fat Fast expert on another site generated this list:
I usually manage to drop 3# on a fast , and then move into induction levels for a bit to stabilize myself. Some of us do not manage to lose for over 5-6 weeks (weight or inches) and that is when Dr. Atkins suggests a Fat Fast. IT CAN BE DANGEROUS FOR ANYONE WHO IS NOT METABOLICALLY RESISTANT!!!! RE-read this portion of DANDR!!!

Fat Fast Meal ideas
*One ounce macadamia nuts or macadamia nut butter
*Two ounces cream cheese or Brie
*One ounce of tuna or chicken salad with 2 t mayo served in one quarter of an avocado
*Two devilled eggs made with 2 t mayonnaise
*Two ounces sour cream and 2 T black or red caviar
*Two and a half ounces whipped heavy cream topped with sucralose syrup
*Two ounces of pate
*Two egg yolks (hard boiled) with 1 T of mayonnaise
*low carb (5-10 grams) yogurt w/added cream to bring up fats
*1/4 c cream in 8 oz diet soda
*1/4 c cream with diet jello
*1/4 c cream whipped, add LC syrup or Splenda for flavoring
*1 T sf peanut butter mixed with 1 oz cream cheese, Splenda or DaVinci to taste
*10 pecans w/ 2 T heavy cream
*1 oz cream cheese mixed with 2 T coconut
*modified flax cereal: 2 T ground flax, 1 T designer whey protein powder, 1/4 t salt. Mix well and add 1/2 c water. Microwave on high for 2 minutes or until no longer soupy. Add 1 pat butter and 1 T cream
*1/3rd of an avocado with 1 T caesar salad dressing
*Low Carb Johnnycake with butter
*Low Carb bread pudding
*Sherrielee's Low Carb pancakes, made with nut flour
*Cheesecake muffin with some pecans
*Dagwood Roll-up: 1 slice bologna, spread with half T of sf peanut butter. 1 thin slice tomato, spread with half a T mayonnaise. Put tomato on top of bologna and roll it up.
*0.5 oz feta cheese crumbled, 1/4 avocado diced, and 1 T olive oil, mixed as a salad 227 calories, 92% fat, 2 carbs ECC

Modified Fat Fast Meal ideas
* 2 cheesecake muffins 296 cal 86%
* 1/2 c Almond Accents 320 cal, 84%
* 1/3 c cream with 4 strawberries and 1 T slivered almonds 332 cal, 90%
* Whole avodcado with 1 T caesar salad dressing - 347 cal, 90% fat
* Whole avocado mashed with 1/3 can tuna - 370 cal, 80% fat
* Same as above, substituting moderate portion of chicken or beef
* Add two eggs to a melted 1.5 tablespoons of butter and scramble. 302 cal, 82% fat
* 2 scrambled eggs, add 1.5 ounces cream cheese when almost done 297, 76%
* 15 pecan halves, 3 tablespoons of cream 301 cal, 93%
* LC cheesecake with no crust (the perfect breakfast!)
* 1 boned chicken thigh. Stuff with 1 oz cream cheese and 1-1/4" slice
onion that's been grilled in 1 T butter 309 cal, 77% fat
* 1 chicken thigh or other protein. Saute spinach to remove moisture, then add 2 tablespoons butter.
* 2 oz cream cheese/10 halves chopped pecans. Make nut balls. 297 cal, 90%
* Caesar salad with chicken or salmon.
* 3 oz cream cheese/1/2 c chopped artichoke heart blend. 339 cal, 80%
* 1/2 c ground beef, 1/2 avocado mashed, and a little sour cream
* Egg salad - 2 lg boiled eggs with 1.5 T mayo 297 cal, 80%
* Custards
* Puddings made with whipping cream and/or sour cream
* Panna Cotta
* Pizza salad - sausage, mozzarella cheese, and lots of veggies

Snack ideas
* Heaping spoonful of whipped cream (sweetened SF, of course)
* 5 pecan halves
* Macadamia nuts
* SF chocolate if it agrees with you and doesn't stall you.
* Melt a SF chocolate bar. Slowly stir in a little cream. Eat it that way, or fold in some whipped cream to make a mousse.
* Coffee with 1/4 cup cream.
* 11 almonds
* Small chunk of cheese
* Spoonful or two of whipping cream
* Peanut butter
* Chocolate mousse
* Latte with sugar-free amaretto flavoring
* 1/4 cup heavy cream in your favorite sugar-free soda

_
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Aug-18-03, 10:49

Something I had for one of my meals was a peach soda (made with splendra) with cream, topped with whipping cream, it was soooo good. Im going to try to oil fast for two days, everyone seems to have alot of success on it.
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 11:43

Stats: 198/185/148 Female 5'10"
BF:36%/31%/23%
Progress: 26%

skibunnie

Hi, may I ask what are the results of your first day completed oil fast?

someone who is curious
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Aug-19-03, 22:11

I lost 2-3 lbs on one day. I also got dry heaves after working out and felt miserable. Im back on the atkins fat fast, I feel much better and IM in very deep ketosis. Some people do fine on the oil fast though, I dont want to discourage you!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 10:06

Smile day three of the fat fast for me

I don't think I could stomach the oil fast unless it had unquestionable results.

I am very glad the fat fast is working for you.

I started the fat fast on Monday and have three serving of cream and two servings of deviled eggs for my meals. I wont say that I am not hungry. Monday night I went to bed with my stomach growling and my mouth watering from the toothpaste brushing my teeth. Yesterday was better but I was still hungry and had some cramping before a bathroom visit. Today I am suprised that I have a lot of energy even though I am hungry.

I am glad to say weight is coming off and I feel really, really good.

Last edited by 94513 : Wed, Aug-20-03 at 10:09. Reason: spelling
  #10   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 11:21

How much weight have you lost? Ive lost a total of 4 lbs. Instead of using cream for 3 meals, you might want to use something a little more "filling". Like cream cheese mixed with a little tuna or chicken is great. I think this diet is a bit hard, but you will be rewarded for all of your hard work!
  #11   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 11:59
Registered Member

Stats: 160/152/120 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hello everyone,
I've fell off the wagon and need to do the fat fast for a big whooosh!! I originally lost 10 pounds on Atkins Induction and had a huge stall and that unmotivated me. But hopefully with this fatfast I can get back in the swing of things. Thanks for all your helpfull information. I'll keep posting my progress.

Thanks!

Current Weight-155
Mini Goal-145

Long Term-120
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 12:23
Registered Member

Stats: 160/152/120 Female 5 feet 0 inches
BF:
Progress: 20%

Hi,
It's me again....this question is to Jan. On your list of Fat Fast Meal Ideas you have there a meal for "lc Johnnycake" , lc bread pudding , and lc pancakes, and a cheesecake muffin. All these sound great do you have the link for the recipies??

Also, all all those ideas one meal?? So you pick 5 of the ff meal ideas to eat in one day??

One more question...the Snack Ideas is that good for the FF meal or do you have to be on Modified??

Sorry for so many questions...just anxious to start.

Thanks
  #13   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 13:27

Those meals are not on the atkins fat fast list. But if you keep the fat to calorie and carb ratio, I suppose you could modify it. For fast food, somethign deep fried, or a greesy cheese burger w/ bacon is all I can think of. But fast food is bad and I dont think you eat it on the fat fast, its only for a few days! Dont do the fat fast if you want pancakes and fast food, if you are going to do it, do it right!
http://atkins.com/Archive/2001/12/21-237659.html

there is the link for the atkins fat fast. There are no easy paths to losing weight, you get out of this diet what you put into it. Its just for a few days, I think you can give up those foods that you shouldnt be eating anyways. Best of luck to you.

Last edited by skibunnie : Wed, Aug-20-03 at 13:29.
  #14   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 14:16

skibunnie

As of this morning I have lost 3 lbs.

Thank you for the suggestion of cream cheese and tuna. I will be very tired of deviled eggs soon and will need another protein based fat food to get a full feeling.

I am drinking five litres per day of water only. How much to you drink to find you get results?

Thank you and regards,
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Aug-20-03, 14:40

*claps hands* good job! 200 oz is what I always try to aim for, but I love water, so I usually end up drinking more.

Im not sure if this is legal, but I lost two lbs yesterday, so it obviously didnt hurt that bad! I had a very small portion of a hot wing, and drenched it in ranch dressing for dinner last night. I had three peices of asparagus (very low calories) and ate them with alot of mayo. This is sorta cheating, but it was good, I maintaned the high fat ratio. I also kept my calories under 1000 that day. But today Im sticking to cream cheese, its safe, 80% of the calories come from fat.

Last edited by skibunnie : Wed, Aug-20-03 at 14:49.