Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Thu, Mar-04-04, 07:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 259/191/160 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 69%

Dunno, hon. Could be several things. Not enough ice? Not enought salt? Using a milk/cream (half n' half)mixture instead of only cream? Not shaking it enough or for long enough?

I had a pint of cream to use up last night and made a cup for DH and one for me and it worked fine. Used two sandwich-szie ziplocs for the cream mixture and a gallon size for the ice and salt. Mixed up both at once and shook them a bit longer.

Better luck with it next time...
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Wed, May-19-04, 11:13
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

mmm had a dentist appointment today and my mouth is half numb, so I needed something soft and I had no food in the house so I made some.

I used some unsweetened cocoa powder and davincis creme de menthe! It tasted just like chocolate chip mint... or chocolate mint with no chips! Its my new favorite flavor!
  #48   ^
Old Fri, May-21-04, 18:03

Plan: atkins
Stats: 235/187/158 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress:

can you use the ice cream maker on this recipe- i used the zip lock and mine did not work. i just put this in another posting. after i wrote my new posting i saw this on the same page. i bought the wrong salt. i used rock salt instead of table salt. sue- i am going to try it again. sue
  #49   ^
Old Fri, Jun-11-04, 18:01

Stats: 290/295.4/135 Female 64 inches
BF:
Progress: -3%
Talking just a quick note

hey you guys that were kinda like "man it sure costs a lot to use so many ziploc bags." I just made this ice cream for the first time but I didn't have any gallon sized ziploc bags, I only had the sandwich sized ones. so I just used two grocery bags instead of one gallon sized ziploc bag. I used two to reduce the chance of leaks. It seemed to work just fine for me & hey we all have plastic grocery bags laying around anyway right?. oh well their free.
BAM

PS. I made chocolate peanut butter ice cream & it was yummy all I did for the peanut butter was put about a tablespoon of LC peanut butter in a little dish & heat it in the microwave about 2 minutes (to melt it) while it was melting I shook my ice cream bags for the first 2 minutes then I just poured the peanut butter in w/the rest of the half shaken mix & finished shaking it. It ended up having chunks of semi-solid peanut butter in it. :-)
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 00:42

Stats: 248/138/125 Female 5 ft. 3
BF:
Progress: 89%

I used a half cup of heavy cream and some Davinci caramel syrup and 4 pecan halves chopped up and it was fantastic!

I haven't had ice cream since I started this WOE in April because I don't touch the sugar alcohol stuff... so this was a real treat for me.
  #51   ^
Old Mon, Jun-14-04, 14:55

Stats: 432/370/220 Male 5'11"
BF:
Progress: 29%

Hey guys and gals
you know whats realy cool about this is that its portable...took my kids fishing today....had the big cooler full of ice and drinks for them...heated up some hot dogs I made earlier for them on the Pick ups Engine Manifold...Than I sprung it on them...pulled out a pint of heavy cream...some SF cherry syrup...some baggies.....they looked at me like I was nuts....Put the mix in the small ones some ice from the cooler and salt let them loose shaking...lol...Cherry Ice cream at the old fishing hole...They freaked out....I forgot plastic spoons...but It was fun watching them eat it out of the baggies....lol...my 4 year old wore his red face proudly...lol...If mom's around remember the spoons and napkins but if its just the guys...Who needs em....Thanks for a fun recipe....Big John
P.S. the purpose of the salt is to melt the ice faster releasing the cold that the ice holds faster and stonger making it possible to freeze the cream mixture
  #52   ^
Old Sun, Jun-20-04, 11:19
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I made a mix with whipped cream and cream cheese. Maybe even a little sour cream. Then I added vanilla and splenda. On a whim I put 1/2 in a zip lock and had the kids make this up. (I used kosher salt) OHHHHH it was soooo good. The kids went nuts for it. I took the second 1/2 and mixed in some cinnimon and cocoa, then made a batch for myself. I definetly loved it, so rich and smooth. I am tempted to break out the icecream maker now and experiment with full cream goodies. (only problem is I'm a cream addict, so can't have it around often)
  #53   ^
Old Tue, Jun-22-04, 12:13

Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 0%

I just wanted to say that this recipie is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!! I mean it tastes like the best icecream I have ever had!!!!!!!!!!!
What is the best I think.. is that it is allowed on INDUCTION!
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Jun-23-04, 08:27

Stats: 192/155/145 Female 5'6"
BF:31/26/20
Progress: 79%

I am going to make this tonight for my friends LOL....it looks yummy and to think I thought I needed to buy a fancy Ice Cream maker!
  #55   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 17:48
Resident Loud Mouth

Plan: Retrying
Stats: 239.2/150.6/120 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 74%

I tried making it again last night with the addition of some mascapone and blueberries. It just would not set though, it remained a liquid. I threw the bag into the freezer and a couple hours later it had somewhat set, but had a liquid part. I wasn't impressed with the taste this time.
  #56   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-04, 20:00

Stats: 279/247/180 Female 5' 4"
BF:Way/too/much
Progress: 32%

I made this today for the heck of it with Half and Half because it's almost ready to expire and it was AWESOME!!!!!!!! I just used vanilla and Davinci Vanilla .
Thanks for the recipe,
Alli
  #57   ^
Old Sat, Jun-26-04, 21:20
Registered Member

Plan: low carb
Stats: 150/135/120 Female 5 foot 2 inches
BF:
Progress: 50%

Wow...this was good and no sugar alcohols! My stomach says thank you.
  #58   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-04, 21:55

Plan: SBD from Atkins
Stats: 230/230/150 Female 5'7
BF:35.5
Progress: 0%

I've died and gone to heaven! This is awsome!!!!
Mine was a little runny first time around, guess I'll have to shake it more!

How many carbs in a serving?
  #59   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 14:12

Plan: SouthBeach
Stats: 225/220/185 Male 72"
BF:
Progress: 13%

I just returned to the LC diet and tried this - OMG it was awesome! Thanks...

BTW - 1 Gallon Ziploc bags are expensive, try using a tupperware container instead for the ice and salt part. Also if you have a big towel you can wrap it around during shaking to save your hands from freezing
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jul-06-04, 16:20

Stats: 273.5/236.0/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 33%

When the kids were in scouts we used two coffee cans, a one pound one and a three pound one - with the smaller one being placed inside the larger one with the ice and salt around it. Then we would have the kids sit on the ground and roll it back and forth to each other - a lot more fun than standing around and shaking it up!