Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Specific Exercise Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Closed Thread

#31   ^
Old Thu, Jul-03-03, 14:29

Plan: Combination
Stats: 164/159.5/145 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 24%
Default Don't waste your money...

Hi, irisda. Hey - don't waste a bunch of money on the Fanny Lifter or the stick. They're nice pieces of equipment, but you can get by with some cheaper substitutions. Go to Target or some other similar store and pick up a couple of cheap Rubbermaid step stools. The Firm recommends a short step (about 6 or 8 inches) and a tall step (14 inches). As for the stick, a broom handle works well. And get cheap weights, too... I like the basic ones with the hexagonal end (they don't roll away!).
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Sat, Jul-05-03, 20:16

BF:
Default Hard to believe...

I know it's hard to believe, but I actually got up early today and worked out! I did an old tape... still not able to do all the abs. I hate abs. But I did do about 45 minutes of a workout today, and I'm proud! I'm really convinced that doing The Firm will work for me... I was at my thinnest when I was doing it before, and I'd only been doing it for six weeks. So give me three months, and I'll be really happy with my body!
  #33   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 12:34

BF:
Default I'm being very good.

Believe it or not, I did TT2 AND the first day of 5-Day Abs today. That's very good for me... I hardly ever do the abs. And yesterday, I did another old tape... Complete Aerobics, or something like that. I get the names mixed up. Sometimes I like the older ones much more than the new ones.

#34   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 12:44
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 147/139/125 Female 62 inches
BF:39.3/36.6/??
Progress: 36%

good going kmarie i too hate to do abs. i did my total sculpt plus abs today. i skipped yesterday but i did a different tape on friday. i get the names confused too. how many days do you go between tapes? i know we're supposed to give our muscles time to recover but i hate to skip days. i did three days in a row and then skipped saturday (yesterday).
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Jul-06-03, 14:03

BF:
Default Great Day!

Hi, Day. I don't have a set schedule... I just try to work out whenever I get the motivation. If my muscles aren't aching, I'll try a workout. Since I'm just restarting, I'm using really light weights, even for the leg press. I'd rather get through all of them with light weights than just do half with heavy ones.

I really feel like these workouts are efficient - I work up more of a sweat with these than with anything else.

I'm going to throw out my scale. I know, I've said that before, but I have to stop relying on it. I should go my the size of my ~$$.
  #36   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 08:24
empress of fashion

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 178/161.5/145 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I did Pilates for Dummies and ran on my elliptical machine. Firm tomorrow!
  #37   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 08:31

BF:
Default Body Sculpt

I did Body Sculpt today... the whole thing. I'm on a roll! I think my waist is a bit smaller. I'd like to be able to fit into my skinny jeans by August.

Iowagirl - I've done a lot of Pilates at home, and I really like it. It's a great exercise when you're traveling - no equipment!
  #38   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 08:37
empress of fashion

BF:

I have Body Sculpt - it's very good.

I also have a Winsor Pilates tape - Whole Body Slimming. I did it once and liked it but thought I should probably get a little more of an understanding of the whole methodology of Pilates. She does a good explanation of the moves. I'm thinking I will do my Pilates on what used to be my cardio only days. Even the slimming tape is only 20 minutes.
  #39   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 08:48
Registered Member

i did maximum cardio burn with abs. it kicked by butt! i couldn't make it all the way through. i think i'll do my other two tapes until i feel i'm strong enough for that tape. where did you get your pilates tapes? i'm going to the beach and needless to say, i can't take all of my firm stuff with me!
  #40   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 09:14

BF:
Default Pilates

I don't use a Pilates tape anymore... I've found that using a book instead makes me focus more on what I'm doing. I use "The Pilates Body." I can go at my own pace (faster or slower than a tape), and can do as much or as little as I want.

But I really think that The Firm is much better for me for weight loss. I stepped on the scale to check my body fat percentage today - I'm at 35%. I'd like to get to 30% - imagine the difference that would make!
  #41   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 09:18
Registered Member

kmarie,

i think the firm is excellent for weight loss too. i can't wait to get to my 10th session and measure again. i had stopped and restarted again last week. today was #5. half way there!
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 09:23
empress of fashion

BF:

I didn't like the max cardio burn - too bouncey.

Enjoy the beach! Are you going on vacation? If so, allow yourself the time off. All work and no play....!
  #43   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 09:33
Registered Member

i agree. it is too bouncey!! not too mention some of those girls look like they're about half my age!

yes, i'm going on vacation. leaving friday, so i have to get as much "firming" in as possible. i'm sure i'll walk on the beach and that's great for my legs. we have deep, soft, white sand that's hard to walk in. i'm worried about not working my arms. i'm anxious to firm those up and be able to wear sleeveless shirts. i also have trouble finding long sleeve shirts that aren't too tight on my arms.

thanks!!! i'm sure i'll get lots of play time in too. definitely have to have at least one margarita at the beach!
  #44   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 09:38

BF:
Default Sleeveless Shirts

I say that if you want to wear a sleeveless shirt, go ahead and DO IT NOW! It's too hot for vanity.

My goal, however, is to be able to wear one of those spaghetti-strap tank tops. My boobs are too big and saggy to wear one now... but with enough push-ups, I'm sure they'll be fine.

Along the lines of bounciness, don't you just love it in those old tapes where they "freeze" in a final pose after a set? I wonder whose brilliant idea that was.
  #45   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 09:42
empress of fashion

BF:

Lots of tank tops with 'shelf bras' now - what a novel idea!

One of the reasons I like the Firm tapes is they demonstrate good form. Bring your weights with and just do your own work out. Don't forget the push ups! (I mean the exercises)
Closed Thread