Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Fri, Jul-11-03, 23:11

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/155/130 Female 5'3"
BF:clueless...
Progress: 55%

many thanks, guys...this is such a great thread, and there is so much love and support here...i will speak to my doc when i return...right now, i must concentrait on keeping my girl in fluids...she feels a lot better today...let's hope she is nearly finished with all this puking!

i have had prozac in the past with no side effects, but i did with zoloft and especiall paxil...no sex drive!! i will see what he has to say...i'm getting so tired of all this dieting...i really need someone to do this to me...i know i will feel so much better about myself when i lose the rest of this weight, and i'm also getting some botox and a brow lift for my birthday in november!! this might sound radicle, but it works for me...i have such a low self-image at times...just glad i have a friend who likes to pamper me!!
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 09:32

Stats: 178/148/133 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 67%
Default botox

Don't worry about the weight. It WILL come off. And good luck with the makeover!

(I've had botox. It really works, and it does NOT "freeze" your face. You have a normal range of expression without wrinkles. The only bad thing is, that needle really hurts! If I were going to do it again, I would take the strongest pain reliever I had before going in, and a tranquilizer too, if I had one (but then, I'm a total wuss when it comes to doctor-inflicted pain -- I can hardly have my teeth cleaned, I"m so jittery).)
  #93   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 12:07

Plan: Dr. Atkins & M & E fast
Stats: 160/153/140 Female 5ft7inces and 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

I wanna get my inside thighs done....I lost about 70lbs when I was a youngin', and could never tighten up the inner thighs (I lost it real fast). Thats what weight watchers and falling in love did for me back in the 80"s!!!!!!!
  #94   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 15:20

BF:
Default be careful

I've had a (teeny bit) of lip on my neck. While I'm pleased with the results, I have to say, LadyDi, you gotta watch out.

Removal of subcutaneous fat can result in adhesions of the skin to the underlying muscle. This looks terrible.

Also you can wind up with a lumpy, uneven appearance that looks terrible.

On the other hand, if you're having skin removed -- you're gonna wind up with scars. Your thighs might be tighter, but you might not wanna show 'em off in public.

Shop around. Talk to a lot of different surgeons and find one who's done a lot fo these procedures. Look at pics so you have realistic expectations.

Just my two cents.
  #95   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 18:26

i had lipo on my lower abdomen about 5 years ago...i was real skinny, but all the exercize in the world was not helping...after that they did a tummy tuck...then i went and gained 50lbs!! go figure!
  #96   ^
Old Mon, Jul-14-03, 18:28

BF:
Default I agree

Im lumpy already!!!!! Since my thyroid thing, my arms and legs have a strange lumpy look...like welts. Doc says that now my tissues don't drain the same, or something to thAt effect..... I have a friend thats had lots of plastic surgey done...I will talk to her if one day i get the cash up.....I always wanted nice legs...believe me, I worked so hard on them over the years...only to be told...its lose skin and it wont tighten up
  #97   ^
Old Tue, Jul-15-03, 09:24

BF:
Default lipo

MsAtt,
I really want to have lipo on my lower abdomen and a tummy tuck. I've never had kids, but, with my yo-yo dieting over the years, and my body's tendency to put all the weight right below my belly button, I look like I've had six kids. I even have stretch marks.

When I get thin, this skin hangs & it's really embarrassing.

What was your experience? How painful was it? How much did it cost? What was you recovery time? Were you pleased with the results in terms of smoothness and scarring?
  #98   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 11:24

rhaazz...i had my surgery in 1998...i was very thin and also very wasted all the time...i had extra skin and a little pouch in my lower abdomen, and had lipo done 1st, along with my lower eye lids and a mini, or partial face lift...the surgeon i had was a quack!!! he ended up having to go back in a redo the lipo and then after that a tummy tuck...he scarred my eyes and didn't align my face properly...now one side of my face droops while the other doesn't...i was a mess...about a year later i got sober and completely changed my lifestyle...i was no longer running around with younger men (musicians) and i quickly gained 50 lbs...in less then 6 mo!

cost wise, i paid around 5000.00 for everything...i didn't have to pay for his screwups, but had i been in the right frame of mind i probably could have had it repaired by someone else and sued the sob...well, that's water over the dam now...i do have a new surgeon who i will be seeing for the new stuff in a few months...i just so want to get my weight back down to a managing size...i went from a size 2 to a size 16 in 6 months!!! pathetic!

i feel if a women wants to do something to enhance her looks for herself or give her self-esteme a big push upwards, then do it! just don't do it if you're doing it to impress someone else ...it's your body, and it's a precious comodity...
  #99   ^
Old Wed, Jul-16-03, 11:32

BF:
Default Wow

That's quite a story. Congratulations to you for turning your life around!
  #100   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 09:14

thanks...it's not been an easy ride, let me tell you...it takes a lot of work...but i'm determined.

i wish i could put as much energy into losing weight as i did getting sober and quitting smoking...i did the stop smoking thing over 2 and a half years ago, and it was the easiest thing i ever did.

i have an apt. next week with my doc to go over options concerning the HRT...i SO want to get off premerin!! i know it is keeping me from losing more weight! but when i tried to stop it once before i turned into a raging lunnie!
  #101   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:13

BF:

HP will take care of you and will determine when & what weight you lose. You are not your body. You are a beautiful child of God and all you have to do is take care of today.
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 10:19

BF:
Default and....

Confuscious say.....stay away from those young musicians
  #103   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDi
Confuscious say.....stay away from those young musicians

LMAO!!! don't i know it! believe me...i've learned my lesson as far as that's concerned...we were together 4 years and it took another 4 for me to get him outa my system...sheesh...i'm hopeless!
  #104   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 15:25

Stats: 170/151/140 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 63%

MsATT,

If you have not done it already, get educated about your choices and the issues concerning HRT.

Here are a few great sites that I frequent:

http://www.power-surge.com/intro.htm

http://www.menopause-online.com/

http://www.earlymenopause.com/

All three of these sites have tons of information and forums. I have learned much

I am so pleased to have found this thread. Ya'll sound just like me

MsMonty
  #105   ^
Old Thu, Jul-17-03, 19:18

BF:
Default ha ha....

I was married to a musician......enough said!!!! Thats over.....But I have a beautiful daughter...damn she likes musicians!!!!!!! One of those circle things I guess?????