Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#61   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 06:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 185/155/130 Female 5'3"
BF:clueless...
Progress: 55%
Talking

...this is probably a fluke, but yesterday, i seemed to be peeing every 10 min. all day long...don't know why...no change in the keto sticks nor in my appetite...yet this morning i got on the scale and i'm down 3 pounds!! i'm afraid i may have jinxed myself, but i wanted to share this with my fellow hormonal fighting friends!! we need all the support we can get...

i'm leaving again tomorrow to go to florida for a week and tour with my friends to see our favorite band, matchbox twenty...lordy, i hope i don't gain weight again...eating out is a real problem for me, even though i stick to steak, eggs small salads etc...it just seems like you can't avoid SOMETHING that you think is low carb that smacks you in the ass...keep you fingers crossed for me ladies!!
Sponsored Links
  #62   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 10:54

Plan: Dr. Atkins & M & E fast
Stats: 160/153/140 Female 5ft7inces and 3/4"
BF:
Progress: 35%
Default could be good

That sounds like a good sign!!!! But for me..Im the Queen of peeing....ever since I hit my 40's...the potty is my best friend!!!!!! If I have coffee...look out!!!!!
  #63   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 06:52

...this is me this morning...

...i am feeling like i wanna break something (or someone's head) and i know it's just my stupid hormones...i am leaving this afternoon for a week in florida to tour with my favorite band, matchbox twenty...i am so excited about this and seeing my friends...yet i feel like a lunatic! perhaps it's because i have to pack yet...anyway...i'll be here for a few hours and then i won't be back till sunday evening...keep up the support, my friends!! and everyone lose 5 pounds while i'm away!!
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 09:13
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

Ok I look at my calender this morning and saw that I have been pretty strict low carbing for 5 almost 6 weeks and have a few cheats maybe 5 yikes! but I still lost ... 9.5 pounds in that time. YIPPEE. this is the first lost in 18 months. I was almost at the thinking that I wouldn't lose no matter what I eat since I was on so much meds. like I said before even my drs. have said I was doomed to lose since all my meds would make me gain. So I guess I have proved them all wrong. So if I can do it you all can too. I drank a bottle of wine myself saturday night and I am stilling hungover That was a big cheat but I am paying for it big time. My sugar levels must be going nuts. shoshie
  #65   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 10:15

down 2 more pounds this morning!!! that's now 10 lbs altogether...maybe i'm doing something right, finally...

i'm on a boat load of meds myself, and this could well be a reason for such a slow weight loss...at least i'm going to stay positive as long as i don't gain...that is what really gets to me...

congrats on ANY loss to everyone! gotta go to fla...i'll be back sunday!
  #66   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 10:19
HELP!!!

Plan: atkins
Stats: 219/175/140 Female 5'1
BF:
Progress: 56%

where in florida you going i am in south florida. very warm here.
  #67   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 21:12

i'm baaaaack!!! i was in ft. lauderdale, orlando and tampa seeing matchbox twenty concerts!! i had a blast! i also lost 3 more pounds! ...it was hotter then hell down there!

i'm leaving in the morning again to visit my daughter in toledo..i'm just a traveling fool this summer! let's not lose this thread!
  #68   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 22:24
Registered Member

Stats: 152/147/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 19%

What am I doing wrong??????

I"ve lost only a few pounds since the week before Father's Day. I'm 150-151. Pretty much the same as when I started.

I'm getting upset here!!
  #69   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 23:04

BF:
Default I'll tell ya:)

I have been on Atkins since March 12th....and I even excersise with aerobics, walk and do light weights Darned if I know whats up!!! I go up and down without cheating...In the beginning I would have wine once in a while...but nich now...I use splenda...count me carbs and all the rest.
  #70   ^
Old Mon, Jul-07-03, 23:56

...my friend whom i was staying with in florida is a physician, and she mentioned something about subsequent times doing the atkins diet shows a marked difference in how much and how quickly you lose...it has something to do with metabolism...she also said meds and hidden sugars are very destructive!!
  #71   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 00:11

BF:
Default well....

Even though I take meds for my thyroid...it must still have something to do with my thyroid....Not to mention I get my TOM every 3 weeks...SO I must be pre-mens alot...Especially if you get the "Syndrome," 10 days prior!!!!!!! Its so weird though...I know ladies that have thyroid problems...they are loseing on diets...I assume they are around my age...I'm 46 and a half....Never had problems losing weight before...and keeping it off!!!!!!! I try all sorts of stuff to speed up my metabolism....excersise I mean....
I have only done Atkins 1 time before in the 70's...I lost all my weight in the 80's on Weight watchers...and kept it off 20 years
  #72   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 09:00
Registered Member

Stats: 152/147/125 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 19%

I'm on HRT. I think that has a lot to do with it. Now today, I am down 3 lbs.
Go figure.
Pam
  #73   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 09:46

BF:
Default wow

Weird huh?
  #74   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 09:49

BF:
Default Well....

Synthroid is a hormone as well....but I heard atheletes have taken thyroid medicine in the past before, to lose weight and boost their metabolism...So you would figure me taking my meds, wouldn't hinder anything....
  #75   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 23:25

BF:
Default Here I am talking to myself...

Well I think I might have figured something out....at least I'm gonna try it out....I think I have been using too much splenda...I havbe a slow metabolism, so I have to stick pretty close to induction....BUT, I tend to have sweet decaf tea and coffee's....I bet that adds up well above my 10 carbs...time for no splenda in my coffee...only in my tea