Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Sweet treats
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 21:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 117/111/105
BF:
Progress: 50%
Thumbs up half and half and cream desert

I didn't have any diet pop to put into my half in half so I used a bit of vanilla extract. Let me tell you, this was delicious! Sounds bad but I consider it a treat! The aroma is wonderful also!
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 21:50

Plan: low carb
Stats: 174/110/110 Female 5' 1"
BF:20.8
Progress: 100%
Unhappy NOOOOOOOO

Please do not tell me that heavy cream is not a good carb. Do you know what this means? I lost a lb today, and after all the heavy cream I ate yesterday, that makes me a cheater, plus I will gain a bunch of lbs over this. Now I feel awful
  #18   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 21:56

Stats: 300/295/200
BF:
Progress: 5%

One of my favorites is diet chocolate soda and ice coffee, with cream...There's a brand of diet choc. soda around here that uses Splenda. Wish I could think of it right this minute, but I'll send another message when I get a bottle, don't have one right now.
I'm a caffeine addict. Anyone else drinking caffeine and losing weight? Give me some good reasons for quitting. I get a killer headache if I don't get my morning fixes....
I also had a serious addiction to donuts for awhile. I have to drive by 2 donut shopes on my way to work that have drive thrus.
It was a torture. I gave in for awhile and just couldn't kick it, then I noticed my clothes getting tighter, that did it...my husband is about to retire and I just can't keep buying new clothes, over and over again. The first time I said NO to a donut, I felt wonderful, but it took months to get there. I have a long history of weight problems, and Atkins is the only method I've found that I can stick to and get back to if I slip off. By that I mean not feel like I'm punishing myself by "getting back on". How can you feel bad about a steak and salad with blue cheese dressing? This whole thing is such a head trip.
  #19   ^
Old Sat, Jun-28-03, 22:18

Stats: 220/182.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:alot!
Default Dear Fat....

Cream is not a "bad" carb, but should only be used in moderation! A cup of heavy cream, according to fitday is 6.64 carbs, or .8 carbs per ounce.

The induction rules state only using 2-3 ounces per day....(yes I sometimes use four cuz I love it in my coffee and mock danish and flax cereal.... ). So you may wish to be careful on how much to "indulge"!

Froufie
  #20   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 14:30

Talking I cannot believe it

Since I used all the heavy cream, for some reason I lost 2 lbs in 2 days. What is with that? I was expecting some kind of gain. I hope my luck doesn't run out.......LOL
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 14:41

Stats: 117/111/105
BF:
Default HIdden Carbs

Hi Fat,
I am so happy for your loss! (I never thought I would say that) If it is a good carb than I could understand your loss. How much were you eating/drinking of it? I think it is so delicious and then I read the thread about there being hidden carbs. I am still on induction so they say 2-3 ounces per day. Maybe I will have more and figure them into my 20 carbs per day!
  #22   ^
Old Sun, Jun-29-03, 22:17

Stats: 268/258/130
BF:
Progress: 7%
Lightbulb sweets

hey everyone i was reading your posts just now and a couple of you mentioned cheating and not being able to stay from sweets. have you tried any of the atkins chocolate bars? or the sugar -free reeses. I dont know what id so with out chocolate, i watch how much i eat, and i eat one chocolate sweet (atkins friendly) a day, it keeps me sane and low carb.
  #23   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 11:25

Stats: 249/175/150
BF:
Progress: 75%
Default Hi everyone!

I'm feeling so great these last few days! I got myself back on track, I spent Saturday evening making some low carb snacks and goodies. I came up with one that I plan to post, it is too good not to share. I had my diet soda and cream too of course. Someone mentioned coffee drinks. I used the left over morning coffee to make a nice, refreshing drink.

Cold coffee (equal to one coffee cup full)
8-10 ice cubes
1/4 cream
Splenda to taste
Blend..and voila! A delicious frozen coffee drink, and it didn't cost $4!

I had to blend and let it sit for a couple of minutes, the ice kept separating from the liquid making it hard to blend, but my blender sucks so you might not have this problem. Look out for my other "creation".
  #24   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 12:16

Plan: atkins
Stats: 170/165/145
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default splenda

carb count on splenda packets shows less than 1 gram...should i count this as 1 gram...i been drinkin decaf tea with splenda..didnt know i had to count splenda as a carb
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 12:28

BF:
Default pm

why cant i send pm's to members?? i am a member..did i do something wrong when i signed up?
  #26   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 13:16

Stats: 300/295/200
BF:
Progress: 5%

I depend on the ATkins bars for many reasons...a quick breakfast, a snack after work, or something to satisfy my appetite for something sweet. I carry one with me in my purse. My favorite is the peanut butter one....my 15 month old grandson tasted it and he now eats about a 1" piece as breakfast. He's an extremely fussy eater, still nursing 3x aday and he loves avocado with tofu, whipped together (yuk). I guess it's a texture thing...
  #27   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 13:19

BF:
Default pm

heck i cant even delete this message after i found out answer.lol
  #28   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 14:10

Default Hi Julia132

The heavy cream I drank with my diet sodas was in one day. I drank about 3/4 cup. In 4 different diet sodas. I would never do it again. I do not know what came over me....LOL..... It was just so good. On the carton it said no carbs
  #29   ^
Old Mon, Jun-30-03, 15:44

Stats: 220/182.5/145 Female 63 inches
BF:alot!
Default SPLENDA QUESTION...

For whoever asked, it is true each packet of Splenda counts as 1 carb...and I guess the diet soft drinks w/splenda should also be counted as 1 carb?

Even coffee is one carb!!! Can you believe it?

Also to make matters worse, if you are still on induction, you can only have 3 splenda carbs per day!

I too am enjoying my iced coffee drink...but it still has a few carbs in it (splenda, coffee, cream)....so you really have to want it (don't you just hate drinking your carbs instead of eating them?)

Froufie
  #30   ^
Old Mon, Jan-10-05, 14:47

Stats: 162/158/120 Female 53
BF:
Progress: 10%

speaking of craving i crave the most when its that time of the month, any ideas on how to slow it down.