Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 16:31

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Not totally relevant, and I was being rather unkind; my apologies. But as I believe we have both learnt something from both digressions, perhaps the cost to the server is justified! Next time I post something on this thread, I intend it to be strictly about the database. This one could be stripped down to about 5 directly relevant posts, so as a guilty party in this I suppose I ought to volunteer for the task, but it will have to be when I've finished my re-writes. Too busy right now.
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Thu, Aug-16-01, 20:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Default It's all fun

{we have both learnt something from both digressions, perhaps the cost to the server is justified}

More than justified. I believe it is these little "human" ramblings which can veer off in totally unexpected directions that are the inspiring, fun aspect of this website.

They do serve a purpose. I remember one such ramble in Doreen's journal that decided me to ACT NOW and start work on the UK Get Together.

{Next time I post something on this thread, I intend it to be strictly about the database. } Believe me ... I've been trying - not as easy as it would seem ROFL. Don't worry about it. Be natural.

Take care.
  #33   ^
Old Sat, Sep-01-01, 13:09

Plan: Atkins, PP
Stats: 188.4/188.4/132 Female 160cm
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Re: Low-Carb Products

I searched high and low for macademia nuts and quite surprisingly found them in one of the larger Sainsbury's Supermarket Chainstores.

I have found them in Sainsbury's and Safeways. You find them with the baking Products, not in the nut section
  #34   ^
Old Sat, Sep-01-01, 18:21

Plan: My own (based on a compil
Stats: 333/260/224 Male 73 ins
BF:
Progress: 67%

Thanks, madpiano. I was wondering where to try. On the whole I am a little wary of nuts, but I keep reading about them so much in Atkins, and on this forum, that I thought I'd give them a try myself.
  #35   ^
Old Sun, Sep-02-01, 08:42

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Thumbs up Quite right to beware

I love nuts. It makes such a convenient easy snack especially as I am now keeping off cheese. A couple will usually be enough to make me feel I have satisfied that little craving for food.

However you are quite right to be wary. It is very easy to lose track and not realise how many I am consuming. Especially when it comes to Sunflower and pumpkin seeds. Strict rationing on a daily allowance basis is called for.

Take care.
  #36   ^
Old Tue, Sep-21-10, 09:27

Plan: L. Carb, L. fat, Hi. prot
Stats: 209/160.8/154 Female 65.5 inches
BF:38%/33.9%/?%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamarian
O.K. folks,

Our new local shopping database is open, with a section for U.K. listings of stores, supermarket chains and restaurants.

Help your fellow country folks find the secret low-carb spots you know about in a few weeks we may be surprised to find locations in your town that you didn't know about, suppleid by others who want to share the information.

The database currently has all Canadian listings from before, but now it's open for submission of entreis for any country.

So please add all your entreis, and low-carbers in your area will be grateful.

To browse and add entreis, click:

http://www.lowcarb.ca/store/local_shopping.html

I only added province/state information for Canada & U.S. If any of our members would like us to add the same regional data for their country, just send me the info on official regions in your country and I'll add it asap.

Wa'il

I can't find this, where's it moved to?

Suz