Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Schwarzbein Principle
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#46   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 10:10

Plan: HCG/LCHF
Stats: 224/201/190 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 68%

Well, no losses to report here. My scale is being wonky this week - so I don't know if it's a mechanical thing or if my weight is really jumping around a lot. I also have a cold & fever or something which is getting me down - I did hear that when you're ill, sometimes your body retains water? In any even, no progress to report.
Sponsored Links
  #47   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 11:48

Plan: Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

I weighed in a 168 this morning so I'm holding. My weight varies day to day and it depends on what I eat and how late I eat the night before so I'm not worried. I was a good girl last week and I did very well this weekend. I ran and hiked 29 miles(Sat & Sun)and that requires extra carbs and I use em!!!!

My goal is to get down to 167 by the end of the week.

Good job to all of you who are losing pounds, kilos (2.2 lbs) and inches!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maureen
  #48   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 12:23
Registered Member

Plan: Schwarzbein
Stats: 177/173/160
BF:
Progress: 24%

I'm at about 173.5, 1.5 up.

I'm premenstrual and bloated and feel huge. Somehow knowing that I'll be past this in a few days is never as encouraging as I want it to be.

I'm also pretty food-obsessed and insatiable this time of month, and have all the energy of a garden slug. It's hardest to exercise when I need it most; such is life.

Sorry I'm whiny. This, too, goes with the monthly territory for me. I had hoped this WOE would help that more than it has thus far. <sigh>
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 17:30
Registered Member

Stats: 135/128/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 47%
Question 29 miles? You go girl!

Maureen- how long have you been running/hiking? I just started run/walking/hiking again after a 3 year (yikes) hiatus. However, I never did more than 7 miles at one time - and I only did that once. You are truly an inspiration!
  #50   ^
Old Mon, Jun-02-03, 22:11

Plan: MINE
Stats: 143/112.4/119 Female 162cms (63+inches)
BF:35/?/20
Progress: 127%
Post Pounds and kilos

Hi Piano,

Divide pounds by 2.204 and you get kilos. Times a kilo by 2.204 and you get pounds.

So in pounds I lost (2 kilos x 2.204) 4.408 LBS altogether.
  #51   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 14:16

Plan: The Primal Blueprint
Stats: 148/119/120 Female 66 inches
BF:29%/14/12%
Progress: 104%
Thumbs up 1 pound gone!

Down to 126#! I had been stuck at 127# for about a month. Journaling again has really helped. I'm in the No cheat for June challenge, which is what I needed. I was getting sloppy - not measuring carbs, saving carbs for desserts, drinking diet sodas - and the weight was creeping back on. My friends are like, "why are you so worried about 2#?" but that's how people gain weight. It's hard for me to know how much to eat because my activity level and the amount dd nurses varies day-to-day. I decided to cut back on my carbs at meals to 20-25g and snacks 8-10g, but eat more snacks if I feel weak or hungry. I guess it's all trial and error.

Maureen - you go, girl! I'm getting back to running myself after my broken toe fiasco, but nothing like you're doing!

Beth - I totally feel for you. My TOM was late this month so had 2 weeks of PMS - no fun! Do what you can, find some legal food that you enjoy for a treat, and plot out when your TOM will be over!

Jen
  #52   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 20:12
Registered Member

Stats: 177/173/160
BF:
Progress: 24%

Thanks, Jen. Started today, so I'm getting crampier, but much better emotionally. Still a bit snippy w/the kids though. I hate that, but I try to apologize and they're very forgiving.

Mostly I'm thankful because I've got a few days to get past the worst of it before we head out of town on Saturday, so I can plan on just enjoying our trip.

Beth N.
  #53   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 09:24

Stats: 201/186/135
BF:
Progress: 23%

No exciting news of a loss. However, I did go away for the weekend and didn't follow plan so well ( read--hardly at all...stayed at a b&b---not very low carb but, still needed to eat) so I am pleased that today when I weighed I was actually the same weight as last week. Still no period but, my body is trying so hard...everything feels swollen and tender...what a joy....

Congratulations all of you losers---way to go! I hope everyone of you are finding this program as wonderful as I am...I don't think I can remember feeling so good following a program that helps me lose weight and the best part is -- I know I am getting healthy from the inside out! Can't beat that!!!

Have a great week! DramaDame
  #54   ^
Old Wed, Jun-04-03, 13:07

Stats: 150/149/135
BF:24%
Progress: 7%

Okay, I'm at 148.5, but it's my TOM so I consider that a loss. And measurements are the same as last week too so I'm thrilled. Took my last BCP, so I'm anticipating results in my future .

Congrats to all the losers!

Carolyn
  #55   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 07:28
Registered Member

Plan: Was Atkins, then BFL, now Schwarzbein Principle
Stats: 144/111/112 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 103%

This is the day, isn't it?

I weighed in this morning at 116! I lost a pound!

Next!

Denise
  #56   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:06

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

Hi everyone. Today is my first day of being on plan, so this will be my start weight (124).

Wow DB!! Going strong! good for you. Hope I'm in your shoes next week!

Jinx-o-bein
  #57   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 08:48
Registered Member

Stats: 135/128/120 Female 63.5 inches
BF:too much
Progress: 47%

Well, it's finally coming off - down a total of 3 lbs now. I don't understand how the weight barely came off the firt two weeks and then melted off this last week. I think my body is just acting weird because of menopause (that's my story and I'm sticking to it). Of course I know that weight loss is not supposed to be the goal, but it is a great benefit! My success for the week was making it through my mother-in-laws birthday dinner without cheating - it was hard because it had lots of my favorite foods (cake, ice cream. baked beans, etc). Looking forward to seeing everyone else's posts this week.
  #58   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 11:29

Stats: 168/168/155 Female 68"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Good Morning Fellow SPers,
I'm down to 166 this morning. I was pleasantly surprised. I traveled this past weekend up to Yosemite and ran a 50K near there. My food was good, I up my carbs when I run and I didn't cheat too bad, a bit of chocolate and more carbs.
Suzy, I ran my first marathon five years ago. I then started into trail running which led to ultra-running. It's a lot of fun and I love to be out in nature.
Beth, good luck with the toe and getting back. I had surgery in Jan and I know how hard it is to get back in the groove.
I really appreciate this board/forum and our weeekly weigh in. I don't lose every week and I like to see how others are doing, it keeps me on track. I need to get this weight off because it really holds me back! It's like I strapped a ten pound bag of potatoes to my ass and I haul it everywhere I go! One pound at a time it's coming off and I don't feel deprived or that I'm eating crappy food. I like the whole foods approach! Well, I better get back to work! Take care and as a group we are all getting healthier!!!!!!!!!!!
Bye,
Maureen
  #59   ^
Old Mon, Jun-09-03, 20:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 200/162.5/140 Female 5' 5 1/2"
BF:no clue
Progress: 63%

I didn't lose this week, I'm just glad I kept off my 1 pound though.

I'm so happy for everyone that lost. You are doing great!

Good news I went to the doctor to get tested for insulin resistance and my insulin levels were fine. That means I am insulin sensitive with healthy adrenal glands!!!! Now I am rereading the book with myself in a different category.

Maureen, I love to jog but I *leak* when I do So I don't jog far! Anybody know of a solution besides depends? I'm not ready for that.

Jen, I understand what you mean about getting sloppy. Journaling helps me too.

Trish, thanks for the information on calculation kitos/pounds.

TTFN Pianobeiner
  #60   ^
Old Tue, Jun-10-03, 00:33

Stats: 201/186/135
BF:
Progress: 23%

Good Day Everyone!

No loss this week..in fact I am up one pound but the good news is: I have begun to spot which is the prelude to my period!!! That means it has been six weeks versus last time which was nine weeks between periods. I guess that means progress is being made which is always a good thing.

I hope to see less of everyone next week!

DramaDame