Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#91   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 09:46

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!
Progress: 24%

for some reason this one keeps pulling up an error saying that it is suspicious. I promise the pic is fine...just click open and it iwll open it in another application.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg laughlc.jpg (4.3 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by EciGirl19z : Wed, May-21-03 at 09:56.
Sponsored Links
  #92   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 10:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Cute! At least you were having fun!

I have pictures like that too (only older! ) but they just depress me!
  #93   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 10:31

dont let them depress you...i look at them like this...

I was 115 lbs in those pics and I know I can get that small again cause I was there once before. I was happy (as you can tell) and healthy (not too skinny) I am only 5'2 so being 115 is about the right size for me...not 145!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was a size 5 in those pictures and I topped out about amonth ago at a size 13. Now Im almost down to a 9 (gosh its been so long...lol) and still going. My goal is to fit into some of the clothes that I used to wear. Especially all the cute shorts that I had.

Just keep your head up and dont let things depress you...think of them as motivators and KEEP LC'ing!!!!!!!!! It will happen...good things take time.
  #94   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 11:17

Stats: 159/156/135
BF:
Progress: 13%
Unhappy having trouble getting below 20 carbs

Hello: I am new and have a question re Induction and the 20 carb max. I have only been on it 2 1/2 days but I can't seem to get below 30. For example, I had an omelette and three sausages for breakfast which according to fitday gave me 13 carbs for the omelette and 0 for the sausages. Then a half of an avocado gave me another 9! So you can see right away I am over and it is not even noon yet. I also should mention that I am exercising by biking 50 minutes a day 5 days a week (to work and back) so am hoping that this added exercise will help.

I am thinking I am not eating enough fatty stuff- it is hard to switch your brain around to doing that.

Should I really try harder or will induction still work? I do feel very tired, nauseous at times, and have headaches and from what I read here today, this is considered normal so I am not worried about it.

Thanks for any advice or head bonking
  #95   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 11:51

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

I think your numbers are messed up.
1/2 an avocado is 6 carbs - 2 fiber, and an egg is about 1. so thats one heckuva omlette!!!

fitday has some funky defaults. like cream (for coffee?) defaults to 1 liter or something like that.

check your portion sizes that you entered.
  #96   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 13:52
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 205/197.5/160
BF:
Progress: 17%

Welcome 7katz, and I agree with saltandpeppa, that fitday gives some funky grams sometimes. It does not at all compare sometimes to the back of the label! So read your labels to ! And the best of luck to you!!
Now on these atkins bars, my friend got some the other day, and it says like 21 grams of carbs, but on the front it says to count only 2 grams,,I got really confused on that one, does anyone know what the total is for an atkins chocolate and peanut butter bar is?
And if it has fiber you - the fiber from the carbs and that is your total carb? Just confused hope someone can help!!

Jo
  #97   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 17:53

Plan: protein power
Stats: 133/???/112 Female 164cm
BF:size 10/ 8 /(6/4)
Progress: 0%
Default 4 ecigirl

yeah i was born 1982 same as u. omg 21 in september!!!!! i'm doing a BA in modern European history at warwick uni. nice pic by the way!!!
  #98   ^
Old Wed, May-21-03, 22:19

dang girl your goin for the gold!!!! Keep focused on school...you will thank yourself! And on my birthday, Ill put one down for ya As long as you do the same for me!!

Thanks for the comment on the pic...when I get there again I will post another lol!!!!!
  #99   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 04:13

Stats: 159/156/135
BF:
Progress: 13%

Well that's a relief! Thanks for the tip about fitday. I did adjust portion sizes from the defaults but it was still a bit wonky. Guess I will have to use custom foods a bit more too.

I am curious re the Atkins bars as well so hopefully someone knows. On the Atkins website they say the bars are suitable for all stages including induction- in the store part of the website that is. They are expensive but I had one the other day when I ran out of food at work and boy I was full about half way through!
  #100   ^
Old Thu, May-22-03, 06:06

Stats: 250/188/140 Female 64
BF:
Progress: 56%

All sweet things without sugar contain sugar alcohols, incl the bars (any brand). some people react to them just like regular sugar and must count the full # of carbs. Some people don't, and can count the 2 carbs. There's only 1 way to know.

But the idea I get from reading the forums is that you should stick to the induction allowed foods list 100% the first 2 weeks.

Even after that, they are reported to cause some people to stall in their weight loss (along with caffeine). They are also reported (all sweets with artificial sweeteners) to cause sugar cravings in people too.

I had 2 when I was beginning (I'm in week 3), but then after I read all that, I dropped them. I have a whole box onhand (oops!) so I may have them as treats, maybe 1 every few weeks. I also carry one in my purse for a 'falling over from hunger' emergency.
  #101   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 14:19

Hows everyone doing? Its been pretty quiet here lately!
  #102   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 14:40

Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hey, there! I'm doing fine, thank you very much! Haven't lost any more weight and not much in the inches department, but my attitude's better.

I started a journal on here and really like that! I can just ramble and ramble and ramble and...

Nothing much going on here. I've decided to stop eating bacon on a daily basis and see where that gets me. I'm also going to be more on guard for extra sodium (like in the bacon) and eat more natural foods. May mean some extra work for me, but hopefully it'll be worth it!

That's all on this end! See ya!
  #103   ^
Old Tue, May-27-03, 14:51

Thats good that your attitude is getting better. I was a little negative and stuff at first but I realised that your attitude is a big part of you losing weight. I havent lost much more either. I just got off induction and I think I hit a standstill. I got a little discouraged but Im keeping my head up. I have had these mad cravings for a sandwich lately from a sub shop here in town, but I know that peice of bread would do me in for a whole week!!!! So Im trying to keep my mind off that!!!!!

*changing the subject*

On a good note, I did buy, AND WEAR, my first pair of shorts this summer!! My 10 pound loss has made me confident enough to atleast wear shorts (no booty shorts or nothing! just a pair of board shorts, like surf shorts) And...the 2 pairs of jeans that I used to love and wear all the time have now become so big that I can get them on and off without unzipping them!!!!! So I guess Im going to have to break down and go get some more of a SMALLER size!!! Gosh, for a while I thought I would never say that!

I keep coming on here to check in with everyone...you guys keep me going

Good luck everyone!
  #104   ^
Old Thu, May-29-03, 23:26

Stats: 150/146/125 Female 63 inches
BF:35%/35%/?
Progress: 16%
Default Pork rinds

Hi all,

Someone mentioned pork rinds. I tired one brand that seems available everywhere in my area. (It was Tom's) I liked the spicy flavor.

Then in 2 other states when on vacation I tried other available brands and they were kinda awful.

What brand can you recommend?

Patty
  #105   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 05:01

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

HI All, Well I have been hovering for about a week , but this thread certainly has a lot of great information in it - so thank you everyone.

I haven't done too badly - I don't think I have lost weight but I think I have lost inches (clothes a little loser today) but the best thing is I feel great

I am sticking to about 20-25 carbs per day, but am trying to get my fat up as at the moment I am 50% protein when I should (from reading here_ aim a little lower... without bumping up the carbs too much!

I am really impressed with everyones weight loss and you shoudl all feel proud of yourselves the amount that you have lost - I only hope that I will get there eventually. I have asically been dieting for 1.5 years and the last 6 months I have been in a stall nothing I did or didn't do made any difference! So LC'ing for me is a new thing and I am finding it really easy, I will give it the 2 weeks before I start to worry if I don't lose anything though...

I excercise loads and drink loads of water, I think that I am lucky that I don't drink soda or coffe (never have) so I am not having to struggle with withdrawl symptoms at all.

Might look at reducing the bacon although that is the only salt I eat I think

Anyway thanks again for all the helpful tips and friendliess I will let you know how I get on myself..

I hope you have all has a good weekend are looking forward to a better weekend

Sarah