Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#31   ^
Old Thu, May-15-03, 21:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 233/205/145 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%
Smile where to buy cheaper candy bars

I have purchased Atkins peanut butter cups for around $1.00 at Walmart. They also have a brand called De-Lite candy bars around 96 cents each. They are soooo good. They taste like snickers and milky way . They have several varieties to choose from . I can get the dark chocolate bar with zero carbs, that tastes just like chocolate chips. When I make my low carb frozen custard ice cream, I grate the chocolate bar into it and have choc chip ice cream. Yummy!!! Walmart sells a counter top ice cream freezer that makes about 1 1/2 quarts of ice cream for about $35.00. I'm going to post my recipe for ice cream in the recipe section. It is soooo good!
Sponsored Links
  #32   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 07:50

Plan: Low Carb My Way
Stats: 170/169/145 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 4%

What flavor breakfast bar? The cinnimman (sp?) was aweful - - threw it away.
  #33   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 07:54

Stats: 166/155.5/135
BF:
Progress: 34%
Unhappy uhoh

I just bought a box of the cinnamon, but I haven't tried them yet. I also bought a box of the choc chip, which were ok, but a little too sweet. It is nice to have something sweet for breakfast once in a while. On weekdays I eat at my desk, and sometimes I don't feel up to cold cuts or hard boiled eggs.
  #34   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 07:57

Stats: 166/155.5/135
BF:
Progress: 34%
Default Online?

I bought a box of the Atkins meal replacemet bars online, and they were under $2 each. I don't really think of them as candy bars, since when I eat one, I'm full for at least 2 or three hours, instead of hungry for more!
  #35   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 12:48
Registered Member

Plan: Eades
Stats: 278/236/181
BF:44%/33%/14%
Progress: 43%

I'm partial to the apple crisp.... mmmmm
  #36   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 22:01

Stats: 225//145
BF:
Progress:
Default Atkins products lowdown tips

Are any of the products as good as they look? I just got the catalog. Like the pancakes look good and the shakes do to. I had a problem with Designer Whey protein because it was lumpy. Didn't like bars that ive tried from the most part. Do the atkins bars taste almost "nutty"? What are you favs and your dislikes? Is the Pizza any count?
  #37   ^
Old Fri, May-16-03, 22:17

Stats: 196/179/164 Female 5'11
BF:
Progress: 53%

The pancakes are somewhat laughable. But i made them from the bake mix, and not from the actual 'mix'. When they are cooking, they are beautiful - look like regular pancakes, but then the second they are off the grill, they deflate, and end up being more like soggy crepes than pancakes... They still tasted pretty good (for a girl who hadn't had pancakes for awhile - they were a nice change from eggs)... I think with any of the products, you just really need to go in with the expectation that they aren't going to taste the same as their carb-full counterparts. If you go in with an openmind, I think quite a few of the Atkins products aren't too bad...
  #38   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 04:13

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 283/238.0/160 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default love most of them

hi i have tried a lot of the atkins stuff, i liked most of the stuff i have tried, no you have to keep in mind that low carb stuff tastes different in general, like the diet rite soda is much sweeter and almost tastes syrupie, the atkins bars are good for that "I NEED SOMETHING SWEET NOW" mode, again they are sweeter and they taste more concentrated in flavor, so therefore i think it just takes getting used to, once used to (like anything new) it will become part of life.
  #39   ^
Old Sat, May-17-03, 04:31
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Default Hello

I really like the Atkins BBQ sauce and the steak sauce they really help dress up plain meat when you are bored with it and very low carb too...

I also drink the RTD Atkins shakes I like vanilla, cafe au lauit and chocolate...I don't really like the strawberry as I think it tastes to fakey strawberry

I put 1 tsp intant coffee in the shakes to make like a coffeish drink...but definetely this is a you tastes may vary as I have heard others say they hate these...but love others I don't like.

I like a lot of the bars but the very first time I tasted them I couldn't stand them...but I don't eat the bars anymore except in cases of extreme emergencies...I feel they make me crave-y and slow my weight loss....another your usage may vary thing...

Good LUCk
  #40   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 15:32

Stats: 155/134.8/115 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 50%

I have made several of the muffin mixes, corn muffins, orange/cranberry and banna/walnut. VERY GOOD! I have taken them to work and my high-carb breakfat buddies could not tell that they were low-carb. A nice hot cup of tea with heavy cream, hot toasted muffin with real butter....mmmmmmmmmmm.
  #41   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 15:53

Plan: Whatever works!
Stats: 199.5/153.1/150 Female 5'11"
BF:36.3%/28.5%/27%
Progress: 94%

The shakes are DELISH! I love the advantage bars, but the opinions on these vary. I LOVE LOVE LOVE the BBQ sauce and the steak sauce is alright.

Give 'em a shot... but see if none of your local stores carry them before you order out of a catalog. Cause at least if you don't like them your grocery store will let you return it!

= Meagan
  #42   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 16:44

Stats: 335/270/215 Male 73" (Inches)
BF:35/30/15
Progress: 54%
Default Atkins Bun Mix

Save your money, they are horrible. However, the breads are outstanding. As long as you remember modiration. They never have kicked me out ketosis. I try and only eat one slice at either breakfast, lunch, or dinner,
  #43   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 22:03

Plan: modified atkins/general lc
Stats: 183/156/145 Female 5'2
BF:43%/31%/22%
Progress: 71%
Default atkins shakes

Hi there

Has anyone tried the Atkins low carb shakes? I am contemplating getting Atkins, Carbolite or Keto brand. Any shake freaks like myself? Love vanilla and chocolate!!
  #44   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 22:08

Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

I tried the chocolate and hated it. I got a few tips on this site about doctoring it up and now I like the chocolate shake with and without the doctoring....I guess it is kinda like beer, it is an acquired taste. I have only tried chocolate Atkin's brand. I bout the chocolate Atkin's ice cream today but I have not tried it yet. I can't wait.
  #45   ^
Old Sun, May-18-03, 22:11
CAD for life

Plan: Atkins/CAD
Stats: 193/163.5/125 Female 64 in
BF:
Default Hey there

I like Atkins RTD in the can chocolate, cafe au lait and vanillia if I add 1 tsp instant coffee to it...haven't tried the powedered Atkins kind

I really like the powdered Keto---orange cream is the one I tried and its good just takes longer than drinking a can

CArbolite is good I like vanilla with the instant coffee in it

I did not like EAS carb control---to thin and i felt chemically tasteing...but I'm sure this is a your taste may vary thing...Good Luck