Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > Everywhere
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
  #4   ^
Old Sun, May-07-06, 23:39
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 187/177/154 Female 5ft 6in
BF:
Progress: 30%

Jas, Neela, Lez,
Hi to all of you. I'm glad you enjoyed your visit to Goa. There are just as lovely places in other parts of India too. Kashmir, Ladakh, Sikkim....I could go on and on and on...... Give them a try sometime too.

Soulmia....welcome to this site. You've come to the right place. There are many many discussion areas on the Atkins way of life and I'm sure you'll find them useful. As for finding the right diet plan.....Atkins is a very good plan, but I suggest you read the book first. If you understand the science behind it, the chances of your sticking with the plan would be that much better. Also, Atkins doesn't tell you to eat less. The diet keeps you full, lets you eat the stuff like butter, bacon, meat (sinful stuff according to other diet plans ) AND helps you to loose weight....what could be better?
As for adapting to the Indian style of cooking/eating.....I've found that cutting out the rice and roti is all you really need to do. Once you can get your mind around not eating the subzi/dal "WITH" something, it works fine. So basically, you continue eating whatever you did before (excluding the potatoes, carrots, peas) WITHOUT the rice/roti. So not much extra effort also.
I'll just add one pc of advice..............don't get obsessed with this whole weight thingy. It took years for you to to get to your present weight, don't expect it to fall off in a hurry. Adopting the Atkins way is a lifelong commitment and if you are looking for quick fixes, the yo-yo is all you will get!

All the best in your efforts, and do keep writing in. This is a great site for support in weight loss attempts!

Anu