Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Emotional Issues & Body Image
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 11:19

Plan: Banting
Stats: 150/132/132 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default When will the jowls disappear?

I've lost about 14 pounds, but still have the small fat pads along my jaw line. I'm terribly disappointed about that, as I really thought that when I went below 140 pounds, they would be gone. This is the one thing that really makes me look older than I feel. Does it take time to lose weight from the face (I thought it was the first to go)? Anyone else had success losing jowls from weight loss? or do I just resign myself to them?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 11:45

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi, Nicekitty. Mine improved some, but I still have loose skin under my chin. I think the abdomen exercises I do (Callanetics) have helped tone up the neck, under-jaw area. I have noticed that my skin, flesh, and muscle tone continues to improve on my WOE.

Age, genes, having been a yo-yo dieter for many years, and not having enough nutrients in my diet, and so on, all took a toll. I just have some wrinkles and loose skin which I don't have high hopes for smoothing up.

I hope you notice improvement soon. Some say gelatin or collagen supplements help. I haven't noticed anything wondrous yet.

Wish I had better news for you. Perhaps you will notice more improvement as the months and years on LC continue.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jul-21-15, 15:37

Plan: paleo
Stats: 215/196/170 Female 71 inches
BF:
Progress:

Have you considered facial exercises? That might help with the jowls.