Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Vegetarian Low Carbers
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 21:50

Plan: Atkins,Vegatarian,myself
Stats: 204.6/187/167.2 Female 178cm
BF:More than I want
Progress: 47%
Default After a little help

I am stuck at the same weight and have been for two weeks. I am wondering what tips you have for getting the weight moving as it does in the first month. Also most soy products have sugar in them so I am finding it difficult to get variety in my diet.What does everyone eat? I don't eat any meat or seafood.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Wed, Sep-29-04, 23:31

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 110/121/110 Female 162
BF:
Progress:
Default a tiny suggestion

hi there!
i am new myself, but i thought i would drop in some suggestions that i know off..

you could try to use some natural sources for flavouring..such as lime / lemon juice, salts (normal or sea), pepper, and a variety of other spices such as fennel etc. if you eat eggs, you could try some mayo too!

hope this helps. all the best!!

#3   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 09:01

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%
Default a little help...try being a bit patient :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegoMum
I am stuck at the same weight and have been for two weeks. I am wondering what tips you have for getting the weight moving as it does in the first month.

Not to be at all negative, but patience is more than a virtue during weight-loss--it's your ticket to sanity. You didn't gain it all steadily over time and you're not going to LOSE it all that way, either. Give your body time to adjust, stay away from the scale, and concentrate on the other benefits of low carbing. Do you feel better, have more energy? are your blood lipids improving? how about your blood pressure or your fasting blood sugar? That's the real payoff; weightloss is just an added good thing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegoMum
Also most soy products have sugar in them so I am finding it difficult to get variety in my diet.What does everyone eat? I don't eat any meat or seafood.

Unprocessed soy products (soybeans, for example), and lightly processed soy such as tofu and tempeh usually don't have any added sugar. If you're using soy meat subs like soy grounds or fake chicken, you may encounter soy in the marinades, etc...but if you try cooking soy beans, edamame, tofu, tempeh, etc., you can eliminate a LOT of the sugar. Pretty much the only ready-to-eat soy stuff I use is Pete's Tofu2Go--marinated tofu at 3-4g/ ECC per serving, with a sauce that can be used sparingly to add just another carb or two per serving. I also eat nuts and nut flours, limited small amounts of lentils and chickpeas, kefir/cheeses/dairy products, eggs...it helps that my plan (Protein Power) starts at 40g ECC for weight loss and stays there, and moves up to 55g ECC if you don't have medical issues, so I can include more variety with veggies and berries to change up the basic protein foudations of my diet. If you're at Atkins 20g induction level, you might want to consider Protein Power, which makes vegetarian low carbing a LOT easier.
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 09:03

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 216/166/150 Female 60 inches
BF:45%/33.5%/28%
Progress: 76%
Default oops...and I forgot

Seitan, or wheat gluten, which can be marinated, fried, broiled, boiled, or baked and is loaded with protein. It's easy to make at home, too.
  #5   ^
Old Sat, Oct-02-04, 09:22

Plan: atkins
Stats: 220/190/160 Female 5'10
BF:
Progress: 50%

two weeks is nothing! keep everything in perspective and keep positive! look for other changes in your body beside the scale! there will be many "stalls" along the way and the more you learn about yourself and how you deal with them will help in the long run. try some of the recipes here...i couldn't quite believe the mock danish recipe, but then i gave it a try and it was really a nice little treat...the deep dish pizza is wonderful! you will be fine! it's just a battle of one meal at a time!