Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Success Stories > Milestones
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Dec-04-08, 23:43
Shrinking Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 242/236.8/160 Female 5' 8"
BF:ample
Progress: 6%
Default 6 Month Low Carb Anniversary!

I have been low carbing for six months now, since the begining of June. I hit 60 pounds lost today! The first two weeks were hard, but it has been pretty easy since then. I have had about three stalls the longest being about 3 and a half weeks. Each time it took a major change to start losing again. It was going back to induction, reducing the amount of food I was eating and to break the last stall, I had to eat just meat and eggs for 5 days. I am hoping to lose the rest by March 20th my 48th birthday.

I really think this is the easiest way of eating that I have ever done. I have tried every diet in the book. Weight watchers, Jenny Craig, Nutri systems. This is the only way of eating that I can stick to because I am not hungry most of the time. I do still miss carby food and sweets, but I do not have the intense physical cravings that I used to have. I don't really count carbs anymre but basically stick to eggs for breakfast, bacon or sausage a few times a week. For lunch I either have a salad with some kind of meat or chicken and for dinner I have meat & low carb vegetable or salad. I have basiclly kept snacking to a minimum. My sweet treats are coconut bark or one or two squares of 85% chocolate.

The only exercise that I have been doing is walking. I walk almost 3 miles a day, at a reasonable pace, I don't even break a sweat most days. I am walking for my health not for weight loss.

I have gone from wearing size 20 to size 10/12 now. I am an apple and I am very surprised at how much belly I still have. I still need to lose 22 pounds and I am hoping it comes off there. I feel like I have lost too much weight in my face, hands and breast area.

I am already starting to worry about maintaining. I have lost this amount of weight before, but always gained it back pretty quickly. I think this time is different because I now see how eating low ffat, high carb was the reason I stored so much fat. I am going to have to put as much effot and focus into maintaining as I am losing.

This site is so great for support. I also think this is why I have been successful so far!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Dec-05-08, 06:24

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 260/252.6/137 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 6%

Congratulations on your 60-lb. loss!