Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#241   ^
Old Sat, Oct-19-02, 16:29
Registered Member

Plan: lots of meat
Stats: 00/00/00 Female 5 10"
BF:goal: 17%
Progress: 41%

wow, that spirojet sounds almost scary.
I'd love to know more about it!
h
Sponsored Links
  #242   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 08:43

Plan: MyLCWOL
Stats: 485/366/210 Male 72 inches
BF:
Progress: 43%

Meg,
I suspect as with any supplement that my metabolism will eventually adjust to this stuff. The directions have you cycle as follows: Day 1, 1cc in the morning followed by 1cc 6 hours later. Day 2, 2cc in the morning followed by 2cc 6 hours later. Day 3, 3 cc in the morning followed by 3 cc 6 hours later. Day 4 off, then repeat cycle. You squirt the stuff in your mouth and they ask you to keep it under your tongue for 90 seconds. They give you a small sringe for measuring doses, so you look like a bit of a junky taking it.

I am on my second cycle so I'll let you know how things go. I probably won't weigh myself again until next Saturday which should be the end of my third cycle. Other than what's on the web site, I don't have much more information on it.

Regards,
Lux
  #243   ^
Old Sun, Oct-20-02, 09:28
Registered Member

Thanks for the response, I've had trouble finding info or reviews on it other than what's on the site.
Do you have any concerns about so many of the "fat burner" ingredients all being together, like a system overload kind of thing?
How do you feel on it? Does it feel like being on a stack? (confession) I actually like that wired feeling as long as it's not too high. Any problems sleeping?
I'm really tempted to buy this stuff to use instead of the stack I started.

take care,
Meg
  #244   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 06:44

BF:

Meg, I would finish with the stack you are on. Let me be the lab rate, give me a couple weeks, and I will report back how it is going.

Regards,
Lux
  #245   ^
Old Tue, Oct-22-02, 19:24

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default lab rats

Actually, I an also gonna make myself into a lab rat too... a company put out a non-ephedra/non-caffeine product called Thermics that is supposed to act on the Beta-3 receptors ... Gotta give that a shot. LOL.

Also have leads on a few not-yet-available fat loss agent that may make it to market soon. Gonna see if there is a way to get them sooner. I'll keep you all posted ...
  #246   ^
Old Wed, Oct-23-02, 06:59
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 260/225/170
BF:30%/20%/10%
Progress: 39%

TRAINERDAN:

QUICK QUESTION - IAM STILL TAKING XENADRINE EFX, BUT I RAN OUT LAST THURSDAY,SO I WENT ALMOST 5 DAYS WITH OUT. I NOTICE THAT THE LAST COUPLE OF DAYS I HAVE BEEN REAL TIRED AFTER ABOUT 5. I WORK OUT AT THE GYM FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AT NOON. IAM NOT TAKING ANY OTHER VITAMINS. MY QUESTION IS: SHOULD I BE TAKING MORE VITAMINS. THERE IS VIT C, B AND MAG IN THE XENADRINE. MY THINKING IS THAT IAM OK AS LONG AS I TAKE THE XENADRINE AND THEN WHEN I GO OFF MY BODY HAS NO ENERGY. I HAVE A MULTIVITAMIN, A ESSENTIAL OILS AND VITAMIN C, B AND CALCIUM. I STOPPED TAKING THEM WHEN I STARTED XENADRINE, BECAUSE I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE TO MUCH. I DID NOT WANT TO BE ON A NATURAL HIGH.

ANY ADVICE WOULD BE MOST HELPFULL.

EVERYONE HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!!

PAMMYSUE
  #247   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 12:16

Default B-complex

As vitamin C is water-based, it is safe to take unless you get into REALLY high doses.

B-complex is always a good idea for energy and stress reduction. I take mine at 3:00 or so in the afternoon to avoid any energy lull that comes around later in the afternoon.
  #248   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 13:00
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS DIET
Stats: 260/225/170
BF:30%/20%/10%
Progress: 39%

THANK YOU TRAINERDAN.

I KNOW THAT WHEN I WAS NOT TAKING THE XENADRINE, I WAS REALLY TIRED. DOES THIS MEAN ANYTHING? THAT MAYBE MY BODY IS NOT TAKING WELL TO THE LO CARB DIET, OR THAT I AM JUST NEED SOME ADDITION SUPPLEMENTS. I WILL START TAKING C AND E, I ALSO NEED TO TAKE A LITTLE CALCIUM (MY AGE AND ALL). JUST WASNT SURE IF THEY WOULD MIX WELL TOGETHER.

I ALSO WAS TOLD TO DRINK CYPTOPLEX ALSO, AT LEAST ONCE A DAY FOR THE EXTRA VIT/MINERALS. THINK THAT WOULD DO ANY GOOD?

THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR HELP, WHAT WOULD WE DO WITH OUT YOU.

PAMMYSUE
  #249   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 08:35
Registered Member

Default good experience

I am somewhat sheepishly admitting that I bought the Spirojet, in the last month I've been slowly shrinking (after a long period of not), and figured that I want to do as much as I can to help it while it's happening. So, twinlab eca is being packed away for another time.
Anyway, my good experience is that I ordered it online for a great price (compared to other companies) without paying an arm and a leg for shipping, it came within a couple of days but the cap was smashed. I wrote an email to the company very late last night and already have a response this morning. THey are sending a new bottle at no cost to me. I got it from suncoastherbs.com Not sure if naming them in here is allowed though... I'll take it out if it's not.

I have a question too, I guess it's mainly for Luxit, but I welcome advice from anyone. You're supposed to cycle the stuff, taking 1ml 2x on the 1st day, 2ml x2 the second, and 3mlx2 the 3rd, nothing the fourth, then start all over again. I'm on day two, and feeling WIRED from the 2ml. I'm a little worried about day three... Do you think that I should just do a 3 day cycle, skipping the 3ml day, or take 2ml for 2 days until I'm used to the feeling then add in the 3ml, or eat before taking it (I took it on an empty stomach this morning) or... or....?

(doing a little "loose pants" dance)

Have a wonderful day!
Meg
  #250   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 13:00

BF:

Meg,
My guess is that the ramp up is designed to help you determine your systems own tolerance. If you are feeling pretty amped on 2ml, I'd stay at 2ml for day three, the rest day four. After you get through the first cycle, I would re-evaluate and ask yourself if 2ml makes you feel uncomfortable or not. If it does you might want to go to a 1ml x 2 x 3 day schedule or a 1ml x 2 x 2 day + 2ml x 2 x 1day, if not, then maybe 1ml x 2, 2ml x 2 x 2 days. I seem to handle 3ml x 2 dose ok, but I've got a bit more body mass than you . I might try doing a 3ml x 2 x 3 day next cycle to see if there's any difference.

See what I meant by a nasty taste?

Regards,
Lux
  #251   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 13:06

BF:

Meg,
After thinking about this more, I might back down to 1ml x 2 for last day if 2ml is making you feel too amped. Let me know how it goes. I am not weighing until a week from tomorrow. I've gone to a 3 day full body curcuit and 35 minute post Cardio routine. I hope between Spirojet and new routine to be down about 10 pounds by next weigh in. We will see...
  #252   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 13:20
Registered Member

Default taste

lol, yes I see what you mean about the taste. I think it would not be so bad if you just swallowed it, but holding it under the tongue for 120 seconds makes it just take over your mouth, I have to drink right after, and literally shudder while swallowing.

2ml seems to be the limit so far. I really dont mind feeling wired, and love it for working out.. but the way I am today is the limit. I would feel worried if I was any higher.
I'm going to take 2ml again tomorrow, and for the next cycle do 1, 1.5, then 2. Maybe after a few cylcles I'll bring it up to 3.
I will try not to weigh myself until next weekend. Ok, as I was writing that I knew there was no way, so I won't "measure" myself until next weekend, and do pinch and mirror tests.

Keep in touch with your progress!
take care,
Meg
  #253   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 16:01

Plan: original 72 Atkins
Stats: 201/177/142 Female 65 inches
BF:44/44/25
Default My experienced two cents....

I have tried many things out there trying to find an easy solution to losing weight and it is not worth it. I am in my 40's and anything with ephedrine or high levels of caffeine gave me terrifice chest pains. Yes, the ephedrine stopped my appetite, but after a few days I would have to stop everything. And I tried gugguls. My daughter in her 20's tried it all too, and she had side effects also that weren't worth it. She has now lost weight with calorie restriction.

The best mix for me is this: low carb and weight training. I don't mean looking big and bulky etc. Just toned. I got a couple of tapes of Cory Everson and it is the best investment I ever made. I have seen interviews with her since, and not only does she know her stuff, she is not fanatic about it.

Bottom line: if you don't do this naturally, how do you know you will be able to maintain it?
  #254   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 16:35

Default experience ....

Thank you for sharing your point of view and experiences. As it has been stated before, thermogenics and all supplements in general are not for everyone.

However, as far as being able to maintain it, we know it is possible from those who have travelled the road before us. It is this reason that I am here (as well as the other members that have experiences in this area)... to help and guide those who are travelling down the same path that I/we had to go down to achieve my/our fitness goals.

Proper supplementation CAN give you the edge/nudge needed to break through your plateau and take you to a new level. There are many members on this baord that are testament to that (see the Success Stories area, there are many there).

Granted, nutrition and exercise are the most important aspects to any successful fat loss program. But, supplements can play a pivitol role too. It's just a very individual decision and one that should be carefully weighed out.

Congratulations on your success!
  #255   ^
Old Sat, Oct-26-02, 21:13

BF:

Meg,
I get the swallowing shudders too, you have to dring something right after to get rid of that taste.

I also do not recommend supplementation for everyone. As far a maintenance goes, not only does LC become a WOL, but so does exercise. My parents knew nothing when it came to exercise. I am the first generation who learned what to do and how do it. I hope to pass this on to my Daughter so that she does not have to go through 40 years of struggles to finally understand how to fuel and care for her body. For those who do it au-natural my hats off to you. Our bodies are amazing at adaptation. I am spending the week at sea level. I went to work out in the gym today, and could hardley get my heart rate above 120 during curcuit training. Guess I am used to the thin air up in Colorado.

Regards,
Lux

P.S. This is a bit off topic, but on leaving the gym, I saw they had some ABB Pure Pro in Grape flavor in the Cooler for sale. I asked the guy at the desk if he'd ever tried it, he said no, but take a bottle and give it a try. Well, I tried it, and it's not bad at all. It has 40g Protein, 2g Carbs, a bunch of BCAA, potassium, etc. I could get used to drinking the stufff. They were charging $3.50 per bottle which is a bit steep compared to protein drink. Maybe I can find a cheaper source???