Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Exercise Forums: Active Low-Carbers > Gym Logs
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#166   ^
Old Mon, Apr-05-10, 22:10

Plan: Lean protein-veggies
Stats: 150/112.2/115 Female 162 cm
BF:
Progress: 108%

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantwings
Ha ha, we posted at the same time, Any!

Yes, I do think I have more muscle these days, it's just that it's covered up by a ton of fat!

NOOOO I don't agree with you...I don't think that it is covered up by a ton of fat....I think that your upper body is getting better every day...and your legs are gainning more muscle and that is why they look bigger now....

You are a little bit rude with yourself...but I don't blame you because I am the same....
Sponsored Links
  #167   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 07:32

Plan: LC/LF + weights & cardio
Stats: 158.0/138.8/135.0 Female 5'7 1/2 in
BF:
Progress: 83%

Uh, take a look in my gym log if you think I'm being too hard on myself, (you'll change your mind, believe me!)

Anyway, my upper body isn't that bad, it's my LOWER bod that gives me all the trouble...
  #168   ^
Old Tue, Apr-06-10, 07:46

Plan: low carb
Stats: 173/135.8/130 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 87%

Quote:

my upper body isn't that bad, it's my LOWER bod that gives me all the trouble...

I think we all have this problem. Somewhere along the line our bodies decided the very best place to stuff a bunch of fat is in our hips and thighs. Now I try to imagine a better place...not one. I'm just sayin'. I'd like to put up a "No fat allowed" sign that my body would respect. I'm still working on trying to accomplish that.
  #169   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 10:51

BF:

You know, I'm really trying to be positive about "the thighs" now, (which is, uh, not easy!) However, I have to remind myself that, as bad as they look, they're not fat all the way to the bone, (like they used to be years ago when I first gained a bunch of weight really fast after my ED.) Back then I could feel them jiggle all the way to the bone whenever I would try to run, (like bags of jello tied around two sticks.) Now, however- if I push on the front of them with my finger, I have about an inch of fat before I hit muscle. When I flex them they feel rock hard, (except of course with the fat pad sitting on top of the rock hard muscles.)

SO, I'm going to be thankful today, because:

*My legs are not made up entirely of fat

*I only look bad between my bellybutton and my kneecaps, (and not all over my entire body.)

*I'm 100% back on my strict LC diet now, so this is the worst my thighs will be, and the fat will start going away again.

*I'm doing P90X, and it is HARCORE & will hopefully whip me into shape!
  #170   ^
Old Wed, Apr-07-10, 12:22

BF:

I love the new avatar. However....I can't help but think of the cat when I see it.

Also...thanks for reminding us that we've made an awfully lot of progress and shouldn't let what we don't like overshadow that.
  #171   ^
Old Tue, Apr-27-10, 14:20

BF:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantwings
You know, I'm really trying to be positive about "the thighs" now, (which is, uh, not easy!) However, I have to remind myself that, as bad as they look, they're not fat all the way to the bone, (like they used to be years ago when I first gained a bunch of weight really fast after my ED.) Back then I could feel them jiggle all the way to the bone whenever I would try to run, (like bags of jello tied around two sticks.) Now, however- if I push on the front of them with my finger, I have about an inch of fat before I hit muscle. When I flex them they feel rock hard, (except of course with the fat pad sitting on top of the rock hard muscles.)

SO, I'm going to be thankful today, because:

*My legs are not made up entirely of fat

*I only look bad between my bellybutton and my kneecaps, (and not all over my entire body.)

*I'm 100% back on my strict LC diet now, so this is the worst my thighs will be, and the fat will start going away again.

*I'm doing P90X, and it is HARCORE & will hopefully whip me into shape!

You are soooooooooooo funny!!!! but all you said is REALLY TRUE!!!! I feel exactly like you!!! at least our legs arent made up entirely of fat and bones...there are some baby muscles in the midle of the fat and bones!!! and because of that we need to be thankful!!
  #172   ^
Old Sat, May-01-10, 15:22

BF:

Hi ladies!!!!

I did not made a BIG progress either in terms of cutting...but I think I have gained some muscle...

#173   ^
Old Sat, May-01-10, 16:33

BF:

Yay, awesome! I do see a lot more muscle, especially in your back and upper bod- you're starting to get a real "V" shape now! I like how your shoulders look in the second pic, too.

(I wish I had that little green love seat- thingie, I'm jealous!)

My pics will be coming in the next day or so!
  #174   ^
Old Sat, May-01-10, 19:09

BF:

Very beautiful Any. I can see good improvements with muscle mass. Everything looks really good, especially your back and shoulders. Did you try posing with your heels together? It shows off your quads better when you do.
  #175   ^
Old Sun, May-02-10, 10:48

BF:

Weight: 138.8
Waist: 27
Hips: 36
Thighs: 36 / 21
Omron BF: 24.3%
  #176   ^
Old Sun, May-02-10, 13:54

BF:

Deb, I think you look really, really FABULOUS, honestly! You only have such a teeny amount to go before you reach your goal! I can't even see anything that looks "fat" or bad, actually- where is it???

Mine coming in a few minutes!
  #177   ^
Old Sun, May-02-10, 14:06

BF:

OK, so no huge improvements this month due to the knee injury, but I somehow managed to lose some of my girth anyway! I ALWAYS measure the absolute fattest part of each area and I never pull the tape tight at all, so it's weird to me, but I really think I actually lost inches (or partial inches)...

Measurements:
Age - 40 / 40
Weight- 150lbs / 149.0 lbs
BF - 30% / 29.0%
Bicep - F 12 1/2" / NF12" / same
Chest - 36" / 35 3/4"
Waist 29" / 28 1/2"
Hips - 41" / 40"
Thigh - 25" / 24"
Calf - 15 1/2" / 14 3/4"
Ankle 9" / same

(OMG, I am arching my back & sticking my butt out SO FAR in this one- very bad idea!)
  #178   ^
Old Sun, May-02-10, 14:28

BF:

Congratulations on the smaller measurements!! I REALLY think this break has been good for you. You look very firm and your arms, abs, back and calves are showing good definition. Poor knee.

Thank-you for the nice comments on my pictures.

Now....to make some outstanding progress in the next 3 months!!
  #179   ^
Old Sun, May-02-10, 14:43

BF:

This month my MAJOR GOAL is losing BF%!!!! I'd also love to be able to do at least 3 real pull-ups in a row, (no foot on a chair, no only going down halfway, etc.)
  #180   ^
Old Sun, May-02-10, 14:51

BF:

Good goals. Losing body fat is my major concern right now too. Good luck on those pull-ups. It's a real rush doing them on your own. A worthy task to pursue. I still can't do them because of screwing up my right forearm, so I will be...continuing my work on getting 100 push-ups. DH said I should be able to do that many by my 55th birthday. He don't know how hard those suckers are for me to get 70! But...I shall try.

Last edited by galatia : Sun, May-02-10 at 14:54. Reason: link didn't work so I removed it