Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 16:26

Plan: Weight Watchers
Stats: 220/160.4/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 99%
Talking Okay .. thank you all ............

I have upped my calories, with keeping my carbs down .. Thanks to all your suggestions .. NOW

I have snuck my scale down to 160 .. and I know it'll go lower, but I also know I'm holding onto water .. my ankles feel swollen in my shoes, and I wake up in the morning with slightly puffy fingers .. I think without this water, the scale would show what I want it to .. my 150's I've been dreaming about for so long .. I just finished with TOM -- so he's not due for a few more weeks .. Would this puffy feeling cut back if I up my water intake for a bit .. I'm already between 80 and 110 oz .. 80 for sure, and then anything above that is a gimme .. because I WANT it ...

With adding the addition fat in my cooking, it has additional sodium in it .. will this smooth itself out .. ??? if I keep taking in my water the way I have all along???

Please help .. I see the end of the tunnel .. and need just one more little push ..

Thanks again,
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 16:46

Plan: adkins
Stats: 198/144/135
BF:
Progress: 86%

Hi everyone....i haven't officially been on a stall as of yet....but i do have a friend who was stalled for almost 4 months without cheating once. I told her she should try a couple of no carb days.....up the calories and fat....eat tons of meat and no carb foods, and drink tons of water. She tried 2 no carb days a week for 3 weeks, then started losing again. Another thing you could try is completely going off of the diet for a few days, and then return to the induction phase. This will throw your body back into ketosis and you should start losing again. I hope some of this helps and I wish you all the best of luck
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 16:47
Starting Over!

Plan: Protein Power LifePlan
Stats: 182/178/150 Female 67 inches
BF:Jiggley mess
Progress: 13%

Sure, Sally....more water never hurt anyone! Why don't you try 110-120 oz for 2-3 days. I'll just bet you get a big-time whoosh! 80+ oz a day seems like a good average intake to me, as long as you're not eating a bunch of salty stuff.
  #19   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 18:33

BF:

Quote:
80+ oz a day seems like a good average intake to me, as long as you're not eating a bunch of salty stuff.

Thanks Teri .. the sodium that I've been taking in is because of the extras that I've been throwing into my daily menus ... I usually cook with no or little salt ... and haven't been indulging purposly in "salty snacks" like pork rinds ...

I had just been up to 150-160 oz of water a day, and everyone that I had talked to within the site said Uh-Uh ... ... that much water was bad for the body ...

So now that I had it regulated again, I've upped my calories .. and like I said .. I KNOW the scale will show what I want now if I can just shake this water retention...

Thanks again everyone for your help!!!
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Mar-24-03, 19:23
Renovation Cub

Plan: LC
Stats: 330/286/200 Male 70
BF:
Progress: 34%
Cool

Hmm, glad to see things are budging. I don't seem to have too much trouble with sodium, so I won't comment there. But worrying about that little water seems wrong. I consistently drink over 200oz and it seems to do me well. I've never had an issue with constipation, and I keep me carbs pretty darn low most of the time. I think water can only be bad if in certain dehydrated conditions (like soldiers in desert conditions) and then drinking a lot of water in a very short period of time. I asked about drinking over 200oz, and people seemed to agree it was no issue.

There are also some natural dieuretics in some foods, I know caffeine is one, though I avoid that, there are probably others, but you might look at that, something you can eat that helps flush extra water? Just a thought.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 06:34

BF:
Talking Okay everyone!!

Thanks to everyone's input .. and help... as of this morning .. I'm still at the 160 ... but the tape measure say's I'm down 3 inches .. I know that doesn't sound like much .. but when you've been "dead-weight" sotospeak for so long; it sounds like heaven!!!

Thanks Kevin .. you're the first one that I've talked to about my water drinking habits that has said he's never heard about TOOMUCH water!!! .. I love drinking my water .. and after that extra water episodes that I was going through .. everyone inside and outside this board said "Stop already!!!"
I never thought about caffiene as a natural water chaser .. and I haven't had any coffee since last week Friday .. (haven't stopped long enough ) .. don't drink coffee on weekends (except maybe a cup or two by my parents house on Sunday) and didn't get my coffee yesterday, cuz didn't go to my office -- had to go to the other office to install computer stuff .. and I usually cut off my coffee by 11:00 -- got back to my office by 12:30 .. so I'll give that a try ...

Thanks again everyone for your help .. it's slowly giving up the fight !!!

#22   ^
Old Tue, Mar-25-03, 08:31
The evolution of me

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 273/182/160 Female 5' 4"
BF:
Progress: 81%

Quote:
I'm still at the 160 ... but the tape measure say's I'm down 3 inches .. I know that doesn't sound like much ..

To me 3 inches would be a dream! That is now what I am after...

I'm truly happy for your loss! The kind of loss that really shows!!!