Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 13:01

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 299/270/175 Female 5ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 23%

I would tell your friend 2 things before she did the fat fast, 1- try cutting out all non induction foods no lc bars and drinks,candy, etc.
2 if that still doesn't work try the meat and egg fast, no veggies, which somepeople find very helpful, I my self find when I add veggies I stop losing, the meat and egg is less severe than the fat fast and more calories, eat all the meat and egg you want nothing else!!! large or small amounts no limit
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 19:00

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Meat and eggs, your kidding!? Lol, Well, damn, you know, worth a try!!! No fat in the cooking oooorrr?
  #18   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 20:04

Stats: ?/?/120 Female 5 feet 7  inches
BF:
Progress: 28%
Default meat/egg fast vs. fat fast

From my understanding, the meat and egg fast should be low fat meaning that oil for cooking should not be used and the fat has to be cut off from the meat. The fat fast on the other hand, is 90% fat. Which one would you recommend... I think that I would go overboard with the unlimited amount of meat and eggs and that will certainly increase calories. Anyway, some more info between the difference of the two would be appreciated.

thanks
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 20:10

Plan: Paleoish/Keto
Stats: 225/167/175 Male 71.5 inches
BF:18%
Progress: 116%

Just remember that the 'fat fast' is low protein. Your body will have to use the muscle protein to meet its requirements. This is most likely why it is recommened to be only for a short time period.
  #20   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 20:17

Plan: Human Experimentation
Stats: 170/100/105 Female 4'10
BF:
Progress: 108%

Is there a cal limitation on the egg and meat thing?
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Mar-04-05, 20:31

Plan: Somersize
Stats: 291.5/259/135 Female 66 inches
BF:off the scale
Progress: 21%

yes, you are not suppose to go over 1000 cals, 1200 tops if you must. But Dr Atkins says 1000. 5 meals a day with only 200 cals per meal
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Mar-08-05, 15:40

Plan: atkins
Stats: 215/175/175 Female 5'11"
BF:22
Progress: 100%

Meat and egg fast, hu? So, you eat all the meat and eggs you want, under 1000 calories a day. But limit the fat. So, no deviled eggs (mayo), not butter, oil etc. right? And this helps as well? And probably no cheese, right? thanks all for the input. My friend doesn't eat the lc bars and stuff, but I think she may have been eating the ice cream. I got her on a restircted menu (she asked for major help here) and she is still not losing much. She isn't due to weigh herself till tomorrow. I will let her know about the meat and egg fast.

Have a great day!!
shan
  #23   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 10:59

Stats: 147/140.5/135 Female 5'4
BF:
Progress:
Default Fat fast vs Meat fast

Hey, just joined this group, and excited to be a part of it. A couple questions, and I hope they're not repeats, but they probably are. I just got done doing the fat fast lost a couple of lbs first couple of days, and nothing the next 3 days, yet still in deep ketosis, do you think a good idea would be to switch over to the meat fast now?? Has anyone done both fasts? Which did you find more effective? Also with the bacon thing, I hear alot of talk about nitrate-free bacon, I've yet to find in a regular grocery store, is this what you all buy?? Or have you been losing off of regular "oscar meyer" type product?? Can you only find nitrate-free in specialty whole food stores? Also Is it any kind of meat you are able to eat freely?
  #24   ^
Old Thu, Mar-24-05, 11:19
WONJ #7Snoopy Lover

Stats: 177/135/128 Female 5"4
BF:less than before
Progress: 86%

I am on day 3 of the meat/egg fast to break a stall and it really does work. The best part are even less cravings and hunger. I actually love it. My problem is that I could live this way and I know I can't because my body needs vegies.

I keep my cals under 1100 and eat meat fat like porksteaks roastbeef and chicken skin and I did break a stall in 2 days.

Yippi!!!!