Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Mon, Oct-06-03, 10:56
Low Carb Cowgirl

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 210/174/145 Female 5 ft 5 in
BF:
Progress: 55%

It has an insert in it that basicaly says to take one of X in morning drink lots of water, take one of Y in evening with plenty of water. After 3 days of one at a time, increase to two X in morning and 2 Y in the PM. If you experience diarhea reduce back to one at a time, take until gone (60 pills per bottle). The health food store lady gave me a pamphlet but it mostly tells you why it is important, not really about it.
I am gonna wait until wednesday or so and start again, that way I will be going on the two at a time over the weekend and if I feel crappy again, at least i will be at home. My "flu" was a little different than the kids flu, so I am not sure, they never complained of feeling dizzy and like they were going to pass out. That does not mean they didn't feel it and not recognise the feeling to put words to it. I will let you know if it happens again.
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 12:01
Registered Member

Plan: Was Atkins Now SBD
Stats: 163/142.5/125 Female 63"
BF:
Progress: 54%

I did an herbal cleanse this spring (my first time) and felt so great that I would do a fall cleanse. When I did the first one(cleanse) I had not started thinking about changing my eating habits much until I realized how much more "alive" I felt when I had completed it. That is what made me start watching what I was eating. I had managed to lose 15 pounds and then stalled for a couple of months until my sister-in-law introduced me to Atkins and lost another 20+ pounds and stalled again and thought this might give me the boost I need by getting rid of all the "toxins". Anyways I was wondering if anyone who has done the Wild Rose kit (MarieB) could tell me if they followed to the letter and stopped taking their supplements during the cleanse like the book says to? How did you feel this time? Had you done the cleanse while doing Atkins before? How did it help with your stall? Ok...enough questions. I look forward to hearing back on this subject.

Carol
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 13:09

Plan: Atkins 220.5lbs Jan 2007
Stats: 250/220.5/150 Female 5'5"
BF:?/?/25%
Progress: 30%

I followed the WIld Rose directons to the T. I didn't take any supplements while I was on the cleanse. I felt crappy for the first few days, but I also had PMS so it was a double whammy. Just irritable and stuff. I think it's okay to take your vitamin supplements while doing the cleanse (as long as they are yeast free and all that), but I think a lot of the nutrients will just get flushed from your body anyway. I don't think it will lessen the effect of the cleanse, but the cleanse might lessen the effect of the supplements. Does that make sense?
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Oct-15-03, 13:34
Registered Member

BF:

Thank you for the info MarieB. I will not take my vits while doing the cleanse...might as well save them for after.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Oct-16-03, 07:09
Low Carb Cowgirl

BF:

I think I am going to start my cleanse again, stopped before when I got the flu that was going around. I looked at the box at home, I have the life renew - low carb cleanse. The directions say that I don't have to make any changes to my diet since I am already eating low carb, but I don't feel like they are really "instructions". I will go to the website today and see what I find. If anyone else has used this, let me know how it worked out for you please?
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 09:47
Registered Member

BF:

Hi

woolina did you start your cleanse yet? Are you feeling any better this time around?
Well...I am on day 3 of the cleanse. I do not remember feeling this terrible the first time around. Maybe it is because there is not as much "build up" in my system as there was the first time. Anyways I will keep on with it and let it do its work.
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 10:38
Low Carb Cowgirl

BF:

I started today, I know I felt kind of bad last time for the first couple of days and wanted to time it so that I would not be feeling crappy at work.... I will let you know if this time is better or worse. What type of cleanse are you doing? i am using the renew life low carb cleanse. I am still unclear if I am supposed to continue with supplements or not with this one?? Are you still taking them?
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Oct-17-03, 11:14
Registered Member

BF:

Hi Woolina

I am using the Wild Rose detox kit it says not to take any vits or supplements so I am not....now I am craving....go figure. I really hope it passes soon. Good luck on your cleanse.
  #24   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 19:51
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

I hate to rain on the cleansing parade, but it really sounds like a bad idea. I'm suspicious of mainstream medicine and open to new ideas - obviously, or I would be on a low fat diet right now - but detox has no science behind it. The cells lining your intestines only live for a few days, and are constantly being shed. You've always got a brand new bowel. Unless you're in liver failure, you're perfectly capable of removing "toxins" from your bloodstream. But I'm supposed to fork over $40 for some really expensive laxatives, so I can put myself through diarrhea? I do suspect that any improvement in one's well being can be explained by the fasting and/or newly restricted diet...
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Oct-18-03, 19:57

Plan: Custom/Modified plan...25-40 carbs per day - it's working!!
Stats: // Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 25%

Magnesium and Herbs?

Magnesium = laxatives (think milk of magnesium)

Herbs = new age nature-cure crappola...

Isn't LCing detoxing enough?

Maybe cutting out dairy without all the expensive detox stuff would have the same effect? Minus the necessity to urgently find a bathroom...
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 03:36

Plan: Atkins-CKD
Stats: 175/158.9/130 Female 5'2
BF:??/29.6/19
Progress: 36%

Ok this is asking for way more information but how has your umm BM changed in the way that it looked. This guy was showing me all this stuff from one of their kits and it freaked me out so bad talking about mucus and etc that I couldn't imagine doing it, basically it looked like the whole intestine fell out, that was the shape, i guess it shed its whole lining like a snake or something, but it was really gross, so I was just wondering if that was the case for the product that you are using.
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Oct-21-03, 06:48
Low Carb Cowgirl

BF:

I haven't "shed a snake" myself, but I have noticed a few of the things happening that the pamphlet said would. Since I have started this WOE I have had issues with constipation. If I don't take something or do something, I will only go once a week or once every two weeks......Yeah I know TMI. I spoke to a nutritionist and to the girl that owns the healthfood store and got quite a bit of information about why it would be good for me. I don't know that it is for everyone, that should be determined on an individual basis. I have problems with regularity on this WOE so I am going to start with a cleanse then start taking a natural fiber or phsyllium for regularity after I finish the cleanse. I have put some pretty nasty stuff into my body (preservatives and junk like that) in the past and I do see results with the cleanse that lead me to beleive that it is doing something good for my body. Again it is not for everyone, and I think it should be considered on an individual basis. If you think it will do something for you, it will, even if it is only giving you a slight peace of mind that you are doing something that you believe is healthy for you.
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Nov-18-03, 19:43

Plan: Atkins (loosely)
Stats: -/-/- Female 60
BF:
Progress: 40%

This sounded like I good idea so I went to the store and not only did I find that particular brand of DeTox but it was on sale as well.

That sounds like a sign doesn't it