Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Products
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 16:28
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 50/50/50
BF:
Progress: 20%
Default Zero Carb Pankcakes

I was wondering how the low carb pancakes taste. I've seen the Atkins' mix and the carbolite brand. Can anyone speak on one or both of them ?

THX

fuze
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 16:50

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 285/234/160
BF:
Progress: 41%

Most of these products get mixed reviews at best. There are a number of recipes for pancakes in the breakfast section that aren't zero carb, but are very tasty. I make pecan pancakes that taste great, and the mock french toast made from pork rinds is excellent.
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 16:54

Plan: Atkins mainly
Stats: 150/148/130
BF:
Progress: 10%

I've tried the Atkins' brand of pancakes...honestly, they are kinda spongey and heavy, but if you are craving a pancake, they at least satisfy your craving...you feel as if you did in fact eat pancakes when you are done. Also, there is a recipe on the box for sweet crepes, which I think are better (for dessert). The Atkin's maple syrup on the other hand is really watery...tastes alright, but not "syrupy" at all...the pancakes are better with just butter, splenda, and cinnamon on them.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Apr-29-02, 19:57

Plan: PP
Stats: 130/128/120
BF:
Progress: 20%

I have found my LC diet saviour in the FlaxOmeal pancake mix. The pancakes are pretty good, but now that I've discovered that I can use it on the waffle iron, I'm hooked! THey really come out great!

I've only tried the banana walnut flavor, and am anxious to try the others. Yummmmmm!!!!!!!!