Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 04:01
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/146/150 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 119%
Default Happy (Cdn) Thanksgiving

We always have Thanksgiving threads, so since ours is in October, I figure I'd get it started.

I roasted a chicken, made his n' her dressing (mine was with chaffles), gravy, and mashed cauliflower. Not pictured: coconut flour cheese tea biscuits that I knew would be too filling, and I just left them in the fridge. I actually put the chicken drum back after I took the picture below, knowing I wouldn't finish it. I was stuffed on 1/2 chicken breast, the dressing, the cauli mash and gravy on everything.

I thought of doing pumpkin something for dessert, but again, I knew neither of us would finish it (it's just DH and I). He's not a dessert person, anyway.

Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 05:49

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%

Looks scrumptious!
HAPPY CANADIAN THANKSGIVING TO YOU TOO

I am grateful for this forum
  #3   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 10:24

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

Looks great! Glad you had a super Thanksgiving. I’ve only had one Canadian Thanksgiving (back in 2010 when I was with friends in New Brunswick) but of course tons of US Thanksgivings and already wondering what I’ll be doing this year, especially with Covid restrictions.
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 10:46

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Happy Canadian Thanksgiving! For the last 6 years or so we have only been 3 at our Thanksgiving table, so whether we downsize to just 2 this year isn’t really an issue. We have roast duck, and all the side dishes are reasonably low carb. I make a “proper” pumpkin pie because DH and Dear Brother beg for it. I have a very thin slice, and am good for another year. The question is still up in the air about whether DB will be joining us again this year; both he and we are, and have been, very conscious in our Covid avoidance tactics, so we’ll see how things look at the end of November.
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 12:12
Forum Founder

Plan: LC paleo/ancestral
Stats: 241/188/140 Female 165 cm
BF:
Progress: 52%

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!

I moved very recently, still living out of boxes to some degree . Relatives are scattered far and wide, and their own bubbles consist of children/grandchildren so I'm rather isolated physically. But still connecting socially .. we've all texted or called this weekend to stay in touch. It's okay really, I'm the only lc'er and holiday meals tend to be a minefield of sinful things

Even so, I'm preparing a nice dinner and looking forward to leftovers next week . Baked ham, sweet potato (plain, with butter), brussels sprouts and crustless lc pumpkin pie for dessert. Burp!
  #6   ^
Old Mon, Oct-12-20, 18:52

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Happy Thanksgiving to our good neighbors and friends in the North.

I've visited Canada a dozen times and have always been treated as a welcome guest.

I wish you all the best.