Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#226   ^
Old Wed, Sep-15-21, 08:52

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Morning….

Back down the pound I gained yesterday, but I need to lose some not keep going up and down!

I was sooo hungry this morning that I ate my RM at 10 am. I didn’t sleep good last night so when that happens I get very hungry early in the morning.

Hoping to start seeing the scale go down, down, down

Cool and rainy today, yesterday was very nice in the 80s I’m hoping the weekend will be rain free.

Have a good one
Sponsored Links
  #227   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-21, 12:33

Plan: DDF, Fung
Stats: 247/209/199 Female 66.5"
BF:kickin it
Progress: 79%

Hiya Jeep

We decided to replace the line that runs to the water supply to the refrigerator and so far so good! (after much heated discussion)

Weight is up again. My plan isn't working like it should. I hope your scale is moving down, down, down again soon too!

RM today is chicken cheese taco bake tortilla with guacamole and sour cream.

I hate it when I can't sleep! It can effect weight loss too. I'm always hungry at night! So if I stay up late, its bad!

I hope we have good weather this weekend too.
Talk soon
  #228   ^
Old Mon, Sep-20-21, 07:59

BF:

Morning mojo

I was off plan on Saturday but I’m planning on taking one day off on the weekends and keeping my carbs low during the week. I got right back on plan Sunday.

Just ate breakfast, I was hungry early again so I made some poached eggs they were delicious

Weight is steady but hoping by lowering my carbs I will slowly start to lose.

Talk soon
  #229   ^
Old Wed, Sep-22-21, 18:57

Hey Jeep

I like that idea for you - lowering the carbs during the week and having a cheat day on the weekend, if I'm understanding you correctly. Please let me know how that works out for you.

I'm doing pretty well today too. Only had fast food though.

Breakfast was sausage egg mcmuffin, (1/2 bun removed) and sugar-free vanilla iced coffee.

Lunch was chicken bacon swiss sandwich from Arbys (1/2 bun removed) and water.

Nothing else to eat today. Getting that sweet taste in my mouth.
Which is a good sign and means I'm in ketosis and losing fat.

Talk soon
  #230   ^
Old Fri, Oct-01-21, 10:32

Morning Jeep

I guess you're sticking with the carb-nite solution. You can keep me posted on this thread if you want.

I was able to maintain my fasting schedule yesterday. However, I had breakfast because I got up very early to take my SIL to the hospital for a routine procedure.

So I had a sausage egg mcmuffin (1/2 bun) and a coffee for breakfast. For lunch I had Taco Bell chalupa and beef burrito with baja blast zero. Kept calories to 1600 and carbs to 100. Ate nothing past 1pm except water.

This morning weight was down. I'm gonna fast OMAD for today.

Talk soon
  #231   ^
Old Tue, Oct-05-21, 09:37

BF:

Hi mojo

Glad your weight is going down and your back on the fasting plan.

I’m posting in the semi low carb plans….Carb Nite Solution

Come by and join me over there and let me know how your doing….ok?

Hope your weather is still nice enough for you and fam to enjoy your cottage, I guess you’ll be closing up soon. It’s still in the 70s here but more rain.

Talk soon
  #232   ^
Old Fri, Oct-08-21, 10:38

Hey Jeep

Yes, we'll be closing up the cottage very soon. Want to get that done before the snow flies. Do you close your cabin up for the winter?

Keeping up with the CAD. Still struggle with late night hunger.

Today RM was sausage biscuits and gravy with a peach at 11:30am. Coffee with HWC.

I'm not going to try another plan right now. I have too many books and too much conflicting information. I wish you well on the CNS plan. Let me know how it goes.

Talk soon I hope
  #233   ^
Old Tue, Oct-19-21, 09:03

Good morning!

Closed up the cottage this past weekend. All went well, hopefully no surprises in the spring! My oven stopped working though. It was a second hand deal for $60, so I'm not surprised, but it lasted us 3 years, so not bad. New stoves are ridiculously expensive, so I may try my luck with another second hand one.

CAD news: The struggle is real. Late night hunger is still visiting me. I need to be stronger than the cravings. I may have to clean out the cupboards of any snack foods. Nothing to tempt me at night.

Talk later
  #234   ^
Old Mon, Oct-25-21, 18:01

Hiya

Staying on plan. Fasting for 16-18 hours every day. Trying not to eat past 4pm every day. Eating within an hour when having RM.

Today had a whole avocado with pico de gallo and salsa with tortilla chips, coffee, hwc, for lunch at 1pm.

Nothing to eat after that, made spaghetti for the family.
Had a coke zero though, sore throat tonight.

Talk soon
  #235   ^
Old Sat, Oct-30-21, 10:30

What's up?

Staying on plan. Fasting and eating OMAD. Telling my fat thinking self "NO PIG YOU CAN NEVER EAT AT NIGHT!!!"

Drinking more water and trying to go to bed earlier. Listing some stuff on eBay for my friend.

Need to go grocery shopping today. Meat is so expensive lately.
I'm not wasting money on snacks. I don't snack anymore.

Later
  #236   ^
Old Mon, Dec-27-21, 20:11

Things have gone cattywhompus!

Starting the DDF today for three day baseline blood glucose.

Waking blood glucose 140
skipped breakfast
Pre-lunch 119
2pm- arbys chicken bacon swiss sandwich with 1/2 bun
Post-lunch 141
Pre-dinner 119
6pm- 9 coconut shrimp, pineapple sauce, yogurt, mandarin, cottage cheese
Post-dinner 186

Might be higher blood glucose at night - just because its at night. May have to go back to OMAD during midday.

Weight is 247
Waist is 47.5
Height is 66.5

Last edited by mojolissa : Mon, Dec-27-21 at 20:20.
  #237   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-21, 05:31

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Hello mojolissa, happy to see you are giving data-driven fasting a try to control your blood glucose. I am one of the moderators for that group and would be happy to help you on LowCarber DDF threads, but all the free manual information is now available at a private social network group. There is a main group that shares many tips how to do DDF, and from there you could join a challenge, next starting Jan 22.
Copy and paste to join the free group here: members.optimisingnutrition.com/share/R6wnX3JkoP5BS5hI
If you haven’t already joined it.

A few baselining tips, you should eat as normal during the 3 day of baselining…do NOT force any fasting window or change food now. Once your personalized trigger pre-meal is established after 3 days of testing….then the rest of the program will be to to lower the trigger and change the food if post-meal BG is more than 30mg above pre-meal.

This Quick-Start guide may help with an overview. https://optimisingnutrition.com/ddf...ide/#more-23032

If Eating only OMAD, it is difficult to consume enough protein. But for now, eat your normal foods and meals whenever you feel hungry…just test before and after every meal or snack. The 30 day challenges are very helpful to have the program explained day by day.

The DDF challenge thread is here: https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=485070

And the Marty Kendall DDF thread here: https://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=484792

More info and help in those threads. Post any questions you have in one of those DDF threads, or on the DDF main group network linked above. Cheers,

Last edited by JEY100 : Tue, Dec-28-21 at 07:51.
  #238   ^
Old Tue, Dec-28-21, 06:18

Day two DDF baseline

Waking blood glucose - 147 (even higher?)
Weight - 245.8 (dropped a bit)
Waist - 47 (is this possible? or did I measure wrong yesterday)

only water and black coffee in the am
Fasting from 6pm to 7am- 13 hours (keep fasting til lunch)
Waking blood glucose - 147 (even higher than yesterday?)
2:30pm- pre-lunch bg - 134
2:40pm- BBQ pulled pork on 1/2 bun, 2 slices cheese, juiced lemon,
liquid splenda, pepperoni salad, (tom, onion, pep, cheese, italian dressing)
3pm- LMD, water
4pm- 1 hour after lunch bg - 196
5pm- 2 hour after lunch bg - 155
5:45pm- before dinner bg - 138
6pm- culvers ckn tenders, ranch, fries, diet rt br, sm custard
8pm- 1.5 hours after dinner bg - 177
diet gingerale

I'm really surprised to see these numbers! Could I be diabetic???
Tomorrow I'm gonna do some more testing - keeping lower carb and more protein.

Thanks for the info Janet!

Last edited by mojolissa : Tue, Dec-28-21 at 20:48.
  #239   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-21, 05:55

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

You are posting these numbers in your journal too, and Thud is giving you good advice to not fast a set time but eat when hungry, eat the food you usually have while baselining..only one more day. You can put your DDF numbers in your journal if you wish, but the DDF program is nothing like CAD. By Posting these numbers on the DDF challenge thread I linked above, they would be seen by more people who have experience with the program and you will get more support and answers to your questions.

The generally accepted fasting and post meal BG readings for diabetes are in the DDF manual you can download free in this overview article: https://optimisingnutrition.com/data-driven-fasting/
Also in this article: https://optimisingnutrition.com/tra...ess-faq-part-3/ Part 3.6

For these two days you have not been eating low carb….Reducing carbohydrates in your diet is the most helpful way to stabilise insulin and blood glucose. However, if you have excessive body fat, both your fasting insulin and your total insulin levels across the day will be elevated (regardless of whether you prefer a low carb or high carb diet). Based on your height, your ideal weight is 130 and so you might aim to start increasing protein to 130 grams. Don’t try to jump to that level in one day…but 130 grams of lean protein is what you can slowly work towards to increase your satiety per calorie when you start the DDF program.

Last edited by JEY100 : Wed, Dec-29-21 at 12:18.
  #240   ^
Old Wed, Dec-29-21, 20:05

Thanks for the info JEY100, but I'm not really doing the "class" or challenge. I have downloaded the spreadsheet and I'm logging the 3 day baseline to lower blood glucose to improve my numbers and avoid full blown diabetes. Hopefully!

I can't imagine eating THAT much protein or never having yummy carbs again. I can use this helping improve blood glucose control and figuring out which meals work for me and at what time of the day is most beneficial. I like CAD and OMAD.

Dont' want to be bugging y'all with my n=1 experimentation!