Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Local Low-Carbers & Support Groups > U.K.
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Mar-11-02, 15:25

Plan: atkins
Stats: 148/122/115
BF:
Progress: 79%
Wink I miss England!

Hello everyone, my name is Bebe. I live in Hong Kong. I lived in England for 6 yrs when I was younger. I never thought that I'd say this but I'm missing England terribly. I miss the EPL(I'm a Liverpool's supporter!), the british tv shows & most of all, my friends. Anyways, I still read The Sun newspaper on line & I've been reading a lot about this Pop Idol show. Can anyone please tell me what that show is about? Who's this Will Young fella? I'm just deadly curious.
I just watched a tv show called At Home With The Braithwaves(sorry, can't spell) & I loved it. God, I miss British tv shows......
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 01:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 73/58/57
BF:
Progress: 94%
Smile No place like it!

I know what you mean For all that we Brits constantly moan about the weather and the NHS there is no place like England.

TV is far too addictive - I hardly switch it on these days or switch on for one or two specific programmes, and make sure I have something URGENT to get done immediately after.

Will Young is a pop idol created by the power of media. There is a lot of controversy and debate about how fair the contest was - apparently he had 4000 (if my recollection is correct) extra lines for people to call and vote for him. He has created a sort of "Beatle Mania" for the time being. Only time will tell how long it will last.

The daffodils are peeping out now and I run to my window to check on their cheerful progress every morning and to breathe in the fresh spring air.

Come for a visit - some great travel deals on at the moment.

Take care.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Mar-12-02, 04:02

BF:
Wink

Dear Fiona,
Thank u very much for taking the time to answer my questions. When I told my mates in England that I actually miss the place, they all laughed & told me to get a life (jokingly, of course). Seriously, I even miss the English weather. HK is far too hot anyway.......
Thanks again, Fiona, u're the girl! Best of luck & happy low-carbing!
Bebe
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 00:48

BF:
Thumbs up Welcome!

You are welcome. I'll do anything to help people stay on the narrow (sometimes) path to successful LCing 'cos I wish someone had helped me do that years and years ago

It does concern me a little the amount and degree of violent crimes in SE UK. The latest seems to be car-jacking while you are IN the car: why bother breaking into a car when you can just throw a person out.

On a positive note there are more support and volunteer organisations than ever before - shows there are caring people too. Low-carbing is also becoming more acceptable. One website I visited described Dr Atkins as the new "diet guru"! We can even get Splenda here now.
Take care.

P.S. It's been raining and quite windy last night. My lovely daffodils have crumbled under the lashing. It is wonderful how they withstand all that and pick up again.

Last edited by fiona : Wed, Mar-13-02 at 00:58.
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 03:06

BF:
Wink

Dear Fiona,
We can't get Splenda in HK yet but we have Stevia here. I was watching the Arsenal vs Deportivo match on TV last night & I saw that it's raining in London. I bet u're into gardening, right? I love Daffodils too, they're gorgeous. Please take care, Fiona, be seeing u around.
Bebe
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Mar-13-02, 13:09

BF:
Thumbs up Stevia is the Real thing

From what I have been reading Stevia is the real thing and you need to be thankful that you get that in Hong Kong.

They are showing the Bean series again - now that is one programme I really do enjoy. I think it must be the best work Rowan Atkinson ever did. Star Trek is another of my favourites - on the rare occasion that I switch on.

Take care, Bebe
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Mar-14-02, 04:20

BF:
Talking

Dear Fiona,
I love the Mr. Bean series too. Bean is huge in Hong Kong. I also like The Thin Blue Line. Enjoy the Bean series & have a great day!
Bebe