Tue, Jan-29-02, 11:35
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Top Reasons of why it sux 2 B FAT!
OK, I just have to vent here for a moment.
I need to express some things that embarrass me about being my size. Some of it is my problem but some of the blame goes to our society for not recognizing that not everyone is a size 6 and that PISSES me off!
So here are my top reasons why it Sux to be Fat! What are YOURS???
1. My clothes are WAAAAAYYY more expensive than the smaller sizes. Sure we need more material but $20 worth?
2. Can't fit into some chairs with arms.
3. The thought of having to get on an Airplane is terrifying. "Will I be able to fit in the seat?" "Will I be able to buckle the damned Seatbelt?".
4. Can't go out shopping at the same stores as friends. Have to go to specialty section or specialty stores.
5. Walking past a window or mirror is a harrowing experience.
6. Can't get on Rollercoasters. The embarrassment of the safety bar not fitting over me and having 3 workers trying to push it down is enough to send anyone to a stiff drink and a shotgun!
7. One Word! CELLULITE!
8. Folding laundry in a public place and worrying that everyone will see my big huge underwear.
9. Feeling uncomfortable with my partner b/c of my size during sex.
10. Being somewhere and realizing that I'm the biggest person in the room.
11. Not being able to get on the Gondolah in Vegas with my friends b/c I almost meet the maximum weight BY MYSELF!
12. Looking at thin women and thinking that their lives must be so much easier than mine b/c they don't have all of the above issues to worry about.
WHEEWWWWWWWWW!!!!!! It had to be said! But I know that I'm a wonderful person with many accomplishments under my belt. I know that my size does not constitute who I am. I am beautiful and deserve to be loved no matter if I never lose another pound. I love myself and it's up to everyone else to decide whether they want to be a part of this love or to be shallow and be without my love.
This is something I can do for myself to put the icing on the cake...it is not the cake!! I'm already the cake!!!