Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > CAD/CALP
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Jan-14-21, 06:48

Plan: CAD
Stats: 220/217/180 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 8%

Hi all....I’ve been switching things up this year. I’ve been on the CAD plan on the weekends and doing general low carb during the week.

I’m hoping this will work better for me. Weekends are the hardest for me to stay LC so having CAD to fall back to is great 😊

I gained during the holidays as I always do, just can’t seem to stick with any plan around Christmas time!

Have a good day everyone
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Mon, Jan-18-21, 11:14

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep#17
Hi all....I’ve been switching things up this year. I’ve been on the CAD plan on the weekends and doing general low carb during the week.

I’m hoping this will work better for me. Weekends are the hardest for me to stay LC so having CAD to fall back to is great 😊

I gained during the holidays as I always do, just can’t seem to stick with any plan around Christmas time!

Have a good day everyone

Hey!
Treasure your CAD book and give yourself time to revisit it regularly. I was on my own the first two years from 1999-2001. 2011 was the first time I corresponded with another Caddie - it was here. Eating this diet is so rewarding but we are so few who have been blessed by taking the step to try it. I am so glad I did. I have never found any life span diet yet that works like this one. No deprivation, no cravings. <3

Here are some inspiring comments on CAD (scroll down on the page) if you like:
https://www.freedieting.com/carbohydrate-addicts

Wish you a great day.

Last edited by Happy girl : Tue, Jan-19-21 at 10:31.
  #18   ^
Old Wed, Jan-20-21, 06:11

BF:

Hi Happy
Thanks for the link! I’m reading the comments this morning and their very motivating. I do also love CAD and I seem to maintain on it but not lose.

I’m trying to mix it in with LC so that I have it when I really need it. If I need to change it up again I will.

So nice you are here, wish more people would try this diet and post
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Jan-20-21, 10:22

Plan: SEC
Stats: 198/183/150 Female 168 (5.512 ft)
BF:
Progress: 31%
Default CALP Recipes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeep#17
Hi Happy
Thanks for the link! I’m reading the comments this morning and their very motivating. I do also love CAD and I seem to maintain on it but not lose.

I’m trying to mix it in with LC so that I have it when I really need it. If I need to change it up again I will.

So nice you are here, wish more people would try this diet and post

Likewise. Really glad to see ya posting.
Hopefully Pat will be back soon too. <3

Don't worry about the stall, sometimes just a small change is needed. Have you tried plan D? That is my weight loosing & maintenance diet plan* (page 95 in CAD). It made all the difference for me. No chewing gums, small things. * I scored very high in the test, level 3.

I don't eat more than 2 meals a day, usually just 1 meal a day(the RM). There's more of that in CALP - "don't eat the CMs if you aren't hungry but never skip the RM". If that could be of any help?
My CMs are naturally tops 3% carbs but usually lower than that. You can see my food plan posts in my journal if you like to pay a visit.

I've been wanting to post the image chart of the RM from page 120 in CAD (in chap. 5) I would love to have it show upp in my feed with every post or as my profile picture LOL. + Many would easier understand the RM I think. I love this way of eating. Healthy and pleasant.
Chap. 9 in CAD I think has the good strategies, very loving and humble tips how to handle your "enemies".

Also you can post your meals in your thread or start a journal - we could help by seeing if there is anything you need to fine-tune . CALP/CAD is slower compared to the "starvation/crash and burn diets" out there but the reward is much greater - you will feel good every day while you loose weight - never deprived, never more that 23 h to next RM + a life span program - that works for life that keeps the cravings away and makes maintenance possible. Most diets don't have any of that IMHO.

Here are some CALP/CAD recipes:
http://www.carbohydrateaddicts.com/gRecipes.html

Keep us posted. See ya!

Last edited by Happy girl : Wed, Jan-20-21 at 10:37.
  #20   ^
Old Thu, Jan-21-21, 06:16

BF:

Hi Happy, I’m changing up and doing LC during the week and CAD on the weekends. It seems to be working for me as my weight is slowly starting to come down.

I don’t feel deprive because I know the weekends are when I like to CAD. I kind of do plan D but without the salad on the weekends and try to eat at noon or after during the week. Sometimes if I’m extremely hungry I will eat earlier.

Haha the chart is much easier to read when your averaging your weight. Although I don’t always remember to weigh.