Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Confession Booth
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, May-25-17, 17:46
Registered Member

Plan: OMAD intermittent fasting
Stats: 200/173/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 49%
Default binge

Monday I ate off plan for the first time in over 2 months. That started a binge that I have been on ever since. I had pad thai on Monday, and Chinese food on Tuesday and Wednesday. Today we had a workshop where breakfast and lunch was provided and I had a sandwich and half a bagel. I must say, though, that I did resist the many types of danish and muffins for breakfast, the huge array of desserts at lunch, and the chips and pasta salad. When I binge, I binge on things like thai or chinese food. My BF ordered pizza and I had one slice before work but that was not as tempting to me as I make fathead pizza and it tastes almost as good if not better than the real thing. The plan is to go back on plan tomorrow and I am trying not to beat myself up about it. I have no food in the house that is not allowed, as I live alone, so as long as I can keep myself from going out and getting something I should be all set.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, May-25-17, 18:14
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

There's no reason to beat yourself up, but there IS reason to get back on plan.

We all sometimes tell ourselves (whether we're aware of it or not) it's okay to eat like other people. The only way to be successful and healthy is to make certain you go back on plan.

It's not fair, but there you have it.

You can do it.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, May-26-17, 04:49

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Agree with Glenda.
But wonder...you have written on various threads about trying fake breads, sweeteners, doing a fat fast, needing a tracker which seems to indicate you haven't been, now a binge....how are doing in general with LC? Have you lost weight but not updated stats? Are you comfortable with a DANDR plan that stays under 20g carbs? What are your challenges? If you make Fathead pizza you can probably make the Asian meals you miss over cauli-rice. Ask away and members here can try to help.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, May-26-17, 05:28

Plan: P:E=>1 (Q3-22)
Stats: 168/100/82 Male 182cm
BF:
Progress: 79%

I have not had the opportunity to binge yet but could see myself eating these things that you like too (Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese) They were foods that I over-ate many times (more than anything "sweet") Noodles and Rice were the things that got me out of wack. I found these Konjac noodles to be a good substitute of many of those dishes. In general I'm not a fan of trying to make Fhake Phood but I do have a some personal exceptions, Here's a rendition of Pho - The carbiest thing are the bean sprouts

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/PhakeFho/

Good luck getting back on track and R.E.L.A.X
  #5   ^
Old Fri, May-26-17, 07:50

Plan: Keto, IF
Stats: 224/136/124 Female 64 inches
BF:44%/23%/20%
Progress: 88%

Yes, yes, and yes again. Pad Thai would send me into a really bad place. All the best for getting back into a workable pattern.
  #6   ^
Old Sat, May-27-17, 20:38
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%

The Phake Pho looks awesome!
  #7   ^
Old Sat, May-27-17, 21:27
Registered Member

Plan: KetoCarnivore
Stats: 206.6/178/160 Female 5'7
BF:awesome
Progress: 61%

the most memorable binge I can remember was around 1999-2000
and it was a whole pecan pie and i tried to make it last 2 hours.
  #8   ^
Old Sat, May-27-17, 21:33

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 336/286/199 Female 5'11"
BF:Losing it....
Progress: 36%

Quote:
Originally Posted by thud123
I have not had the opportunity to binge yet but could see myself eating these things that you like too (Thai, Vietnamese, Chinese) They were foods that I over-ate many times (more than anything "sweet") Noodles and Rice were the things that got me out of wack. I found these Konjac noodles to be a good substitute of many of those dishes. In general I'm not a fan of trying to make Fhake Phood but I do have a some personal exceptions, Here's a rendition of Pho - The carbiest thing are the bean sprouts

http://downhaul.com/lowcarb/PhakeFho/

Good luck getting back on track and R.E.L.A.X

Love love pho, thank you for THAT!
  #9   ^
Old Wed, Jun-07-17, 20:49

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 210/178.2/160 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 64%

Great points from everyone. I ask myself why LCHF and not the S.A.D. or standard American diet. Well for me it didn't work. I binged almost daily for more than 20 years. I just celebrated my one year anniversary of having not binged eat for an entire year and LC eating. Obviously, this way of eating is working. Ask yourself how this way of eating benefits you. If it really works for you, it's worth getting back on plan and trying again.