Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 15:05

Plan: Low Carb
Stats: 247/242/200 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 11%
Default Anybody here?

Seems kinda empty. I weigh 259 this morning, once I weighed 365. My goal is 170 but my ideal weight would be 140. It's nice to talk to people who understand what it's like to wonder if the seat will fit or break, and for whom "taking a walk" is not that easy of a proposition.....or other things that we may have in common...I dunno....some things people who are very mobile don't get......anyways,

Thanks
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-13-20, 23:29

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

I think I posted in here once or twice in years past. Though for much of my own journey I wasn't sure if I would qualify for the club, since my weight had been a lifelong issue so I really had no idea of what I was capable of becoming.

Turns out I got there in the end, but I'll still always remember how things used to be for me.
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 11:10

BF:

That's great Gray, very encouraging......
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 13:15
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Welcome!!!!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Jan-16-20, 16:25

Plan: LCHF / IF
Stats: 333/113/138 Female 5'6"
BF:BMI 56/18/22
Progress: 113%

I'm still on my own journey of discovery too -- it's making me smile though even now just reading your post -- to be past some of it! I'm not ever going to forget how it felt I don't think, it's a guiding light from somewhere that keeps me from falling right back to square one

Cpngratulations on well over 100lbs lost now, that's very inspiring! & wishing you well
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-17-20, 06:09

Plan: CALP with Primal Leanings
Stats: 368/291.2/160 Female 5' 4
BF:toodmnmch
Progress: 37%

I rarely post here, but sometimes to read. I hear you - my highest was 368, my lowest 150 (for a day), and I'm currently heading back down (flunked maintenance...don't do that when you get there, okay?).

Looking forward to being 259 again in this upcoming year - I will feel soooooooooo much better there (My knees love me more and more, the lighter I get).

Congratulations on the 100 pounds lost - wonderful milestone.
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-20, 15:02
Running on Empty

Plan: Lo-carb/low cal
Stats: 313/295.4/150 Female 70 inches
BF:Hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_Swan
Seems kinda empty. I weigh 259 this morning, once I weighed 365. My goal is 170 but my ideal weight would be 140. It's nice to talk to people who understand what it's like to wonder if the seat will fit or break, and for whom "taking a walk" is not that easy of a proposition.....or other things that we may have in common...I dunno....some things people who are very mobile don't get......anyways,

Thanks

Hi there dk_swan.
I weigh just over 303. I'm not too sure on what to even think about that number. My goal is to get to 170 too.
I feel like I'm in a catch=22 when it comes to exercise. I need too, definitely, but I hurt when I do.
And the chair size has been one of the deciding factors that got me started on the WOE again.
  #8   ^
Old Wed, Jan-22-20, 16:57

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

I was up at 380 at one point, and a few years ago on here got down to 204. I am back to 278, but I am back on it and plan to be down to 220 by the end of this year or lower. All I did was walk 1 hour plus a day and not hard core work outs. I just at LCHF with fasting and made it simple. It works keep up the work ladies. Hang in there for the long run.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 00:34

I have a secret
I haven't done an ounce of extra exercise (especially when I was over 330lbs) and even now -- not a trace of excess skin or anything and I'm no spring chicken either (I'm 50)

I read or heard somwhere once -- diet is 90% food intake and 10% exercise

when I reach goal or around maintenance time, I may dabble in it

you girls & guys can do it!

Last edited by bluej : Fri, Jan-24-20 at 01:12.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 12:24

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluej
I have a secret
I haven't done an ounce of extra exercise (especially when I was over 330lbs) and even now -- not a trace of excess skin or anything and I'm no spring chicken either (I'm 50)

I read or heard somwhere once -- diet is 90% food intake and 10% exercise

when I reach goal or around maintenance time, I may dabble in it

I didn't do much exercise either, just walking to work every day, nothing too strenuous (at least not these days, that took a lot of effort in the beginning though). The thing is, I started the walking 6 months before I started the low carb and lost only a token amount of weight, so I actually have the data to demonstrate that of the weight that I lost when I actually started low carb, at least 80% of it came from the diet and not the exercise.

I am reminded of one of my favourite quotes on this subject from Jeff Volek and Stephen Phinney's book The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living, where they say that "exercise is a wellness tool, not a weight loss tool."
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Jan-24-20, 21:03

BF:

I relate to what everybody shared, makes me feel less alone and gives me hope. There must be many people struggling with these same issues. I'm 65 now and for the first time getting some knee pain, and occasional pain in the foot (a couple of big calluses also.) If you guys have kept going I can too.....
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-25-20, 07:43
Running on Empty

Plan: Lo-carb/low cal
Stats: 313/295.4/150 Female 70 inches
BF:Hibernation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dk_Swan
If you guys have kept going I can too.....

Good morning to you!
Everything’s gonna be allright

It’s Saturday—yet another week gone by way too fast. Water aerobics starts in a couple of hours and I will force myself to go. Yes, I did say force because right now, at this weight, I’m tired all of the time.

My next goal is to break the 300 lb Mark. I’m so embarrassed, no shocked to even say that. But, I want to let you know that even writing to you boosts my inner umph (whatever that is) to get up and go and strive to meet the next mini goal I’ve set for myself. Thank you for being there!
  #13   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-20, 15:56

Plan: LC
Stats: 303.8/273.6/145.0 Female 5' 5.5"
BF:50.1%/48.1%/24.1%
Progress: 19%

Posting to say it's nice to see some current conversation here.
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-30-20, 17:11

Plan: Atkins72/Paleo/NoGrain/IF
Stats: 285/220/200 Female 5 feet 5.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 76%

I was originally a TDCer and I did lose 100 pounds. I've gained and lost over the years since then but I never went back to eating the SAD. I never went to back to feeling so awful. I hope you all feel better and I can attest to exercise doing nothing for weight loss - at least in my case.
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Feb-01-20, 08:49

I'm so glad it's not just me on the exercise front