Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Triple Digits Club
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Tue, Dec-07-04, 23:47

Plan: South Beach 4-14-2009
Stats: 388/388/150 Female 5'5
BF:too much!!
Progress: 0%
Thumbs up

HI Rhonda ,

Welcome to the forum. I understand about the emotional eating... I've been there more often then I like to admit...
One day at a time, and keep going forward! You'll Do Great !!
Stop by my journal anytime you want... We're all in this thing called life together... The folks here make it a very fun trip
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Wed, Dec-08-04, 06:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 304/239.5/160 Female 68 inches
BF:too/dang/much
Progress: 45%

I was reading this post.. and was looking at all the different ppl.. that I have never seen post in here.. (towards the first of the thread),.. and went back and realized... this thread started back in 2002 !!.. I wonder how many are still around and just don't post any more??..
  #18   ^
Old Sun, Jul-17-05, 11:27

Stats: 337/283.5/199 Female 5'7''
BF:
Progress: 39%
Default Enlight Introduction and Question

I'm unsure if I should introduce myself here, but I will follow Rhonda's advice. I have been watching this website for about a month, but never noticed the TDC. This is exactly what I need! I was finding people in the other forums that had 20 & 30 lbs. to lose...and it was extremely disheartening. I have a LONG way to go! I love the Atkins plan...it is the only thing that has worked for me. I started in the end of May and have been on induction ever since. I am starting to get a little bored with the restrictive food, but I am going to try to stay on induction for 6 months.
I also wanted to get some input from others in the TDC about fat consumption. In the first few weeks of induction I ate TONS of fat and stuffed myself...and noticed only mediocre results. After reading some of the posts in other forums I cut back about 1/2 of my meat consumption (not hard to do since I was already in ketosis), while still keeping under my 20g of carbs. This has been my life saver! 37 lbs. and counting!!
Does anyone else keep an eye on their fat? I have found it indispensible, but I have gotten several reams about my opinion on this, and was just wondering if perhaps the AMOUNT of weight you currently are could affect this. (I have had several people tell me that fat was unlimited in Atkins, and as I have read DANDR several times, do not believe this)

Thanks in advance for the comments!

Enlight79
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-07, 20:56

Plan: Adkins
Stats: 338/264/180 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 47%

Great to have found this site, will visit every day. Have lost lots of weight on Adkins, problem is craving for Diet Drinks and those food bars. Have to cut back on both.. What is ever in the diet drinks makes me nervous, aggitated. The bars give me gas and go to the bathroom to often. Well, one day at a time. Best of everything to you all. John R
  #20   ^
Old Tue, Sep-25-07, 16:19
TeaQueen

Plan: My own verson of Atkins
Stats: 311/294/120 Female 5' 1
BF:
Progress: 9%

welcome aboard the TDC Train! Glad to have you here!

HUGS
Rach
  #21   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-10, 01:02

Plan: gorge cruz
Stats: 276/269/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello I am new to the tdc I am excite to support and be supported. Right now on Jorge Cruz plan 15/6 15 sugars and 6 carbs so far so good . Hope to inspire and be inspired. Have a wonderful day and remember we deserve divine health everyday.
peace out sunnyca
  #22   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-10, 07:47

Stats: 193/143/135 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Thank you for reviving this thread, it has definitely inspired me. I went back to the beginning and realized this thread was from 2002. As I went through it reading I noticed how few of people's profiles were still active and how few people reached their goals or reported to have reached their goals in their profiles (it was started 8 years ago after all). So that made me think of how I started here many years ago, came back, came back again, etc., etc. And now I am here again, off to a good start but with a long way to go. Couple this thread with the commitment thread and it's obvious that you truly have to dedicate yourself to this way of life and remain vigilant in your program.
  #23   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-10, 08:19
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlk18
Thank you for reviving this thread, it has definitely inspired me. I went back to the beginning and realized this thread was from 2002. As I went through it reading I noticed how few of people's profiles were still active and how few people reached their goals or reported to have reached their goals in their profiles (it was started 8 years ago after all). So that made me think of how I started here many years ago, came back, came back again, etc., etc. And now I am here again, off to a good start but with a long way to go. Couple this thread with the commitment thread and it's obvious that you truly have to dedicate yourself to this way of life and remain vigilant in your program.

Yes, thats right. We all need to do just that and some of us here have and still do it....every single day.
Making this way of eating our way of life are not just words...it is the way it has to be. Or we just stay sick and very overweight, gaining and losing the same pounds over and over.
  #24   ^
Old Fri, Jun-25-10, 17:44

Plan: Medi Weight Loss Pgm
Stats: 296.0/179.7/130 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Just a note, i am still here loosing strong... again... this time is the last time. I am dealing not only with my weight issue but with the emotional issues that make me feel like I deserve to be fat! I am going to be of a healthy weight and stay there!

Many of the others at the beginning of the thread I haven't heard from in many years. I wonder about them from time to time.

Dee
  #25   ^
Old Sun, Jun-27-10, 11:36

Plan: gorge cruz
Stats: 276/269/125 Female 61 inches
BF:
Progress:

Hello this is my first introduction to triple digits so glad to find a club like this. I'm trying on a day to day basis to keep it together. Upon awaking I try to say a mantra recommended by Jorge Cruz " divine health is my right and I claim now!" so I'm trying to focus on fuel for my body and what healthy choices will give me energy and health. Hope to support and be supported. Make today a good one![QUOTE]
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Apr-28-15, 13:14

Stats: 295/295/190 Male 5'9"
BF:
Progress:

I am on week 4 of the diet and have totally stopped loosing weight what am I doing wrong
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Apr-29-15, 06:26

Plan: DANDR 2002
Stats: 432/180/200 Male 5 ft 11 inches
BF:
Progress: 109%

Wow on the state thread date...