Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > New Members & Low-Carbers > Newbies' Questions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#106   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 06:13

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 212/200/125 Female 5 feet 3 inches
BF:
Progress: 14%

Hi, All!

EciGirl, way to go on getting into that smaller size! Can't wait to get there! I think my scale budged a little lower this morning so there's hope!

Patty, welcome! I don't think the brand of pork rinds matters as long as the lable is clean. Beware of the spicy ones...they may (probably) have sugar in them! Just read the ingredients and look for 0 carbs on the label.

Hi, Sarah! Glad you're here! Sounds like you're certainly off to a good start with the water and exercise. You do need to add more fat...you should be at about 70% fat, 25% protein and 5% carbs. You get your carbs from the acceptable veggie list. I've read that in getting too much protein you run the risk of having it stored as fat...or something like that...so be careful. And be sure to eat enough...you should be eating about 10 times your weight in calories. You drop too low in the calories or carbs and you can cause a stall! Good idea to keep the bacon down, too. Maybe a couple of times a week and an extra glass or two of water. Best of luck!
Sponsored Links
  #107   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 07:04

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

Thank you and yes I am looking to alter the %'s, as for water I drink heaps all day long and have just upped it because of hot weather and the thirst - about 2-3 litres a day (need to figure how much 10 glasses of water is!).. we shall see how it goes
  #108   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 07:06
Registered Member

Plan: dr.atkins
Stats: 205/197.5/160
BF:
Progress: 17%
Smile Finally lost a little

Good morning everyone, just weighed and I have finally lost a little in pounds and last night I got into an old pair of shorts that I could not wear 3 months ago!!
How is everyone doing? I want everyone to know the support on here is great, and if I had not found this web site I think I would have got discourged and quit.
So to those who have stalled for awhile, don't give up, this does work, it took me awhile to lose a little more, but I did. So don't give up hang in there and come to here for suppport!

Everyone have a Good Weekend!!!

Jo
  #109   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 11:38

Plan: mainly M&E
Stats: 150.5/144.5/125 Female 5'3"
BF:Visible!
Progress: 24%

well guys, I didnt lose anything this week. BUT...I didntr gain either. I think what is getting me is the teryaki chickin wings that I can not stop eating! Ok someone give me the good old bonk now cause I know better than to eat them.

So I officially gave them up!!

Congrats to everyone on thier losses for the week!! hopefully I ll have a succes story to tell ya about next week
  #110   ^
Old Fri, May-30-03, 20:38

Plan: Modified Atkins
Stats: 145/145/130
BF:26
Progress: 0%
Default re: jello

I've read that Jolly Rancher brand Jello is aspertame free, but I can't find it in my area. Maybe you can find it in yours.
  #111   ^
Old Sun, Jun-01-03, 19:05

Plan: atkins
Stats: 174/136/135
BF:
Progress: 97%
Default coffee

If you are doing the Atkins induction decafe is the only coffee you are allowed to drink. Caffeine is a no no. It is clearly stated in Dr. Atkins book. It can cause cravings. My friend drank a pot per day and she was not losing weight until she switched to decafe....
sorry for the sad news......