Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Tips and Stalls
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 11:29

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Default yikes

Hi Zule, I can really sympathize. I think the fat cells are lonely and fill with water. Eventually they will let go. (I read that somewhere and found that explaination helps me cope)

I have gained and lost the same 2 lbs. over and over for 10 days. I'ts makiing me a little nuts. Good luck, try green tea. Nancy

Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 12:24
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/308.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 32%

Thank's for the encouragement Nancy

I'm also taking green tea 3-4 glasses a day. In fact, I'm doing everything suggested, plus plenty of water, fiber, veggies. In addition now my system is backed up! And me eating all these veggies and a tablespoon of phyllisium/day. I'll keep doing what I'm doing and maybe everything will release in a few more days.

I like the idea of my fat cells filling up with water before they collapse and are reabsorbed into my system!

I guess I just have to have patience.

I did walk today. Why did I avoid it? It was easy and I feel better. That devil SAD!
  #18   ^
Old Thu, Oct-24-02, 21:01

Plan: Atkins since sept 22/02
Stats: 205/165/150 Female 5'8
BF:32/28/22
Progress: 73%
Unhappy sad

Hi Zule, my daughter has SAD. I might buy her a lamp. Have you heard about this light that you sit in front of for a while every day?
I've read several articles that state it can help.

I'll let you know. Hang in there. Nancy.
  #19   ^
Old Fri, Oct-25-02, 07:37
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Thank's Nancy.

I have a light and use it every morning. It helps amazingly and can actually eliminate or just alleviate sad symptoms depending how far north you live. I've been dealing with SAD for years and found that it was actually getting worse every winter in my home town of Boston, it started in August and lasted until May!! Not good. Now that I've moved to DC, it starts more mildly in late September but is over in late March, a great improvement. Maybe I need to move to Florida or Texas!

I've just remembered that water retension is a part of SAD and so I guess that I will have to live with this until spring. HaHa. Jokes on me!

Being on this forum every day has made me take note of the daily changes in my body. I don't want to get obsessive about it. That's why I tossed my scale! But it is nice to reconnect with my body/body chemistry and know my natural state.
  #20   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 07:47
Finding the Pieces

BF:

Thank you all for your help and support in this trying time.

I have now been on a modified fat flush plan for a week.

My new weight is now 261 pounds!

The water is gone and I have gone down two sizes in my hips!

Check out my journal!

Thanks' again.
  #21   ^
Old Mon, Oct-28-02, 15:48

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/272/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 28%

Oh, wow,Zuleikaa, that is great!!!! I want to know more about your modified fat flush....please, tell, tell!!
I have lots of green tea here and my progress has been so slow lately.
Thanks.
  #22   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 08:19

Stats: 283/275.5/170
BF:
Progress: 7%

Hi All,

Well I tested my theory that the amount of carbs allowed on the induction were still to high for me and I now believe I am right. As I losed 3lbs and am really excited. I must have a super high metabolic resistance and may need to stay on induction for awhile. I am burning a consist pink now and no headaches or other probs. I am excited to see how it goes. I am using fitday.com to monitor my carbs and wow do all those traces add up. You know the ones I didn't count before. Also drinking even more water and feel great from that along with the excercise. I think the greatest help came from God when I admitted I can't do this it is not in me and Lord if you do not help me I will be fat forever. Praise God, he did and always will. I hope all of you have a really great day.

Ana
  #23   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 09:42
Finding the Pieces

BF:
Default Zuleika's Modified Fat Flush Plan

I lot another pound!!!

I think this fat flush plan, once I modified it to be low carb , is wonderful for detoxifying your system and jump starting your metabolism.

Maybe, all of you, your systems are clogged and causing slow metabolisms.

If you would like to give the fat flush plan a try, send me your e-mails and I'll send you my cheat sheet.

It takes 6-7 days on the plan to start working, then look out!!

Warning: This is not a long-term plan but rather a plan to use for two weeks 2-4 times yearly to detoxify your system, improve your fat elimination and increase your metabolism.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 11:52

Stats: 286/261/160 Female 5'8"
BF:BMI43.5%/39.7%/24%
Progress: 20%

Congratulations Anastacia and Zuleika! Every pound is a definite accomplishment! Zule, I would love a copy of the fat flush. My email is orchidday~aol.com. I don't need to use it right now but I know the day will come! Thanks - Cindi
  #25   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 13:34

Stats: 250/180/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Zuleika, I tried to send you a private message to get your "cheat sheet", but the computer told me I didn't have permission. I don't know why.

See if you can message me and then maybe I can reply and give you my e-mail.

I'm a little bit stuck and wouldn't mind a kickstart back into gear.

Thanks.

Virginia
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 13:40

Stats: 250/180/150 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Okay. Now I know that I can't send/receive private message until I post 25 times. I guess I better getting busy.

Virginia
  #27   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 14:24

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 231/177/140 Female 60 inches
BF:45/41/25
Progress: 59%

Quote:
Originally posted by Anastacia
I think the greatest help came from God when I admitted I can't do this it is not in me and Lord if you do not help me I will be fat forever. Praise God, he did and always will.

Hi Anastacia,

Wow, thanks for the reminder! It is always soo easy to forget that HE should be an integral part of even the simple things in our lives. And, let's face it, trying to change our bodies is anything but simple! Even though this process is very often frustrating, you've helped me to remember that "...I can do all things...".

Zuleikaa, congratulations on the fact that you didn't let this phase take you out of the game!
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 14:37

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 231/177/140 Female 60 inches
BF:45/41/25
Progress: 59%
Question Forgot to ask..

Zuleikaa,

I am currently experiencing a very slow loss rate myself. Can you send me your Fat Flush plan? I don't have 25 posts racked up yet, so my email is: CLo. Thanks!

Also, someone mentioned cutting out Atkins bars and shakes. Was this because of the artificial sweeteners? If so, did you have to cut out all AI's or just the Atkins stuff?
  #29   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 16:11

Stats: 320/272/150 Female 5'8
BF:
Progress: 28%

Zuleikaa,

Let me know if you got my message and email. Thanks again!!
  #30   ^
Old Tue, Oct-29-02, 17:14
Finding the Pieces

BF:

I have all the emails thus far(3) and will send you all the plan.