Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low Carb Health & Technical Forums > Nutrition & Supplements
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#16   ^
Old Thu, Sep-12-02, 19:03

Plan: IF +LC
Stats: 287/165/165 Female 66"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Slim, I merged it with this longer post which I'm going to stick at the top of the forum for those interested in where to get supplements online

Nat
Sponsored Links
  #17   ^
Old Sun, Sep-22-02, 18:51

Plan: Atkins for now.
Stats: 135/?/115? Female Short. 5"3
BF:Don't wanna know.
Progress: 15%
Default PRICE COMPARISONS

K. Well I was bored and since I'm looking to buy products online, I decided to do a price comparason between a few of the sites mentioned...

And heres what I came up with. I searched for a few common products, same flavor, and weight. Same exact product...

K hope this is readible..lol...

PRICE COMPARISONS

Product ............ Nettrition Vitaglo dpsnutrition

Atkins-16oz........ $16.50 $12.99 $13.99
Shake Mix

EAS Simply...........$29.95 $25.97 $25.84
Protein
Complete
WheyRich
Choc 5lb

Atkins..................$15.95 $15.00 $13.95
Endulge
Choc
15 bars

Twinlab...............$11.95 $11.67 $8.96
Multi Mineral
180 capsules

Standard
Ground
SHIPPING............... 4.95 FREE(min$20) $4.90+?

SUBTOTALS:
Netrition - $79.30
Vitaglo - $65.63
Dpsnutrition - ?? It's 62.74 without shipping. On their website it says any orders under 10lbs theres a 4.90 shipping charge. It dosen't say whether its free over 10lbs or not.... So I'm assuming it's higher than 4.90 if you go over 10lbs. Because Vitaglo says clearly that there is FREE shipping with a min of $20....

K. Well hope that helps some people out. I'll add more if I check anything out again or Find a cheaper site. (by the way, some of the other sites you guys listed were more expensive) So ya, I'd say it's a close call between Vitaglo and Dpsnutrition. (few dollars and cents difference on certain products) But at this point it would depend on the shipping charges... Cause if that's over 10lbs, it could easily be like 7bucks for shipping.....

Vitaglo does have a min of 20.... but it's hella easy to spend atleast 20 bucks...lol yanno. It's stupid to buy anything LESS then 20bucks and pay a shipping charge.

Last edited by SlimShAdY : Sun, Sep-22-02 at 19:13.
  #18   ^
Old Mon, Oct-21-02, 08:02

Plan: CKD Sept '02
Stats: 280/240/200
BF:
Progress: 50%

yes DPS charges more if you go over 10 lbs, my last order was between 12 and 15 lbs ans shipping was around $5.25.

I stick with them since they are about an hour from where i live so when i order i always get it within a day or two.
  #19   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 20:12

Plan: Atkins/Carb Addicts
Stats: 375/303/225
BF:
Progress: 48%
Default vitaglo.com

Like Sandylee I use vitaglo.com. They are actually located here in my city and I can go right to their warehouse. Have known the owner for some time. He originally owned a local health food store. Excellent prices and free shipping.
  #20   ^
Old Wed, Oct-30-02, 22:13

Default Re: vitaglo.com

Quote:
Originally posted by JayDee
Like Sandylee I use vitaglo.com. They are actually located here in my city and I can go right to their warehouse. Have known the owner for some time. He originally owned a local health food store. Excellent prices and free shipping.

NY? Hmm maybe thats why my order came in like 4 days...lol I thought they were only in Cali.
  #21   ^
Old Tue, Nov-19-02, 02:30

Plan: LCHF
Stats: 292/249/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Smile

I personally stay with vitaglo.com ...I've been ordering from them for about a year and have had no problems; they generally have the lowest prices around (and I dig the free shipping). I have been known on occasion to use dpsnutrition.com (I'd use them more if they had a better shipping deal). If I want a good deal on lipolysis testing strips, I hit lowcarbnexus.com

-- Nicky
  #22   ^
Old Sat, Dec-07-02, 20:57
Registered Member

Plan: None right now
Stats: 150/144/130 Female 5'1"
BF:
Progress: 30%
Unhappy Vitaglo

I was attracted to the free shipping and my 2 first shipments were fine. However, the third one shipped last summer (to Florida, mind you) was badly packaged using paper shreddings instead of styrofoam chips, so the products felt hot to the touch and one bottle that contained a "slimming" formula looked sucked inwards. I guess after riding around all day in the UPS truck (which I also seem to remember delivered past the date expected) my supplements were affected by the heat. I should have complained right then but because I was out of one of my supplements I'd been anxious to receive my package and was just glad to get them.

Sometime later I had the opportunity to try the Atkins enzymes I'd ordered because I'd had a heavy meal but I had indigestion all night, which wouldn't have happened with the other enzymes I'd taken. I took the enzymes a second time and felt no relief at all so I concluded the excess heat had damaged them. I also noticed to difference with the other products so I wrote Vitaglo but they refused to accept my complaint even though they say on the website they will replace any defective products (I would've settled for a discount on my next order...). I wrote a second time and they completely ignored my e-mail so I've gone back to Vitanet (www.store.yahoo.com/vitanet/), the first online company I'd ordered from.

Vitanet offers good prices, a $1 coupon (that reduces standard shipping charge to $3.95, (free shipping on orders $75+), a large variety of brands, and good packaging. . Another one I've ordered from with good results is www.totaldiscountvitamins.com but I still haven't found one single company that carries all the brands I use, so maybe I'll try one of the ones suggested here.
  #23   ^
Old Sun, Dec-08-02, 20:45

Plan: My own
Stats: 166/147/140 Female 5'2"
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Vitaglo - no more free shipping!!!!

Bad news!!! Vitaglo.com has stopped offering free shipping on $20.00 orders. You have to order $50.00 now to get the free shipping.
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jan-28-03, 12:14

Unhappy Omg no!

Knew that deal was too good to last. I haven't bought anything since November. I hope its not my fault because I made that post and they got more customers (lol nah, JK, I read the website..its because of UPS)

Ah well, $50 isn't that bad.. I usually spend $25 every six weeks on shake mix, I'll just buy 2 for $50 every 12 weeks instead

And hey, atleast their prices didn't go up!
  #25   ^
Old Mon, Feb-10-03, 22:52
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 163/149/125
BF:
Progress: 37%
Default Confused About Supplements!

I have read quite a bit of material over the past couple of months about supplements... and have only gotten more confused!

Is there a general consensus on the best supplement(s) to take while trying to lose weight? Has anyone seen results from those supplements claiming to help build muscle and lose fat?
  #26   ^
Old Tue, Feb-18-03, 09:48

Plan: I'm looking around
Stats: 225/243/160
BF:
Progress: -28%
Question pentabasol

Has anyone ever tried that and what was the outcome?
  #27   ^
Old Wed, Mar-05-03, 20:02

Plan: Schwarzbein and Zone (love Dr. Weil too!)
Stats: 155/146/145
BF:???
Progress: 90%
Thumbs up Swanson Vitamins

I've made two orders from Swansonvitamins.com and I've been happy with my purchases. They have great selection, and good prices. They have mailed both my orders out the very next day.
Carole
  #28   ^
Old Sat, Mar-15-03, 15:54
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 158/120/115
BF:
Progress: 88%

i've been shopping at swansonvvitamins.com for three years now. they ship really fast and always send coupons for next orders. They dont carry low carb food products but there great for herbs and specialty vitamins.
  #29   ^
Old Sun, Apr-13-03, 19:53

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 214/150/145 Female 5'4
BF:don't know anymore
Progress: 93%
Default Supplements

Hi I am new. I am not promoting GNC. But i do work there. I have been there for 5 years. I am taking 2 nutrition courses. If I can help in anyway let me know. Supplements are up my ally. btw 2out 8 customers in my store are Atkins.
  #30   ^
Old Wed, Apr-16-03, 12:47

Plan: Schwarzbein II, BA, IS
Stats: 125.4/119.2/115 Female 5'1" small frame
BF:33% /??? / 20%?
Progress: 60%

I like www.vitacost.com. Found it least expensive, name brands, great service.