Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > General Low-Carb
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 09:44

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%
Default Your most valuable LC strategy

I'm talking about this Forum. Sticking with this Forum is one of the most important choices you'll make as you go forward on your LC journey.

Even when you're not absolutely on plan, even when you feel disappointed in yourself, even when you think it's "not working"--come here. Even when you think you'll try something else for a change, come here. Especially, when you are feeling successful and healthy and happy...come here. Even if you drop out for a while...come back here.

I started my journal here in about 2003, when I had already been participating in this forum for a couple of years. I've been here through ups and downs in my "diet," the death of my first husband, retirement, remarriage and everything else life brings. Not to mention endless iterations of "diet advice" from all over the planet. Always at home and welcome. Here.

If you want to stick it out, come here.
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 11:24

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

Once upon a time, I had an account on a different LC forum.

That place was my sanity. I only ended up leaving when I hit some pretty BAD depression....

...which is how I got back up to 240, from a low of 178.

This forum is a lot quieter than my old one... but it's my anchor. When I'm "on", I'm here. when I'm not here, it probably means I'm in too much pain to function. (Bad knees suck.)
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 12:32
Doing My Best

Plan: LC/CancerRecovery
Stats: 170/135/130 Female 62 inches
BF:24%
Progress: 88%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiterateGr
Once upon a time, I had an account on a different LC forum.

That place was my sanity. I only ended up leaving when I hit some pretty BAD depression....

...which is how I got back up to 240, from a low of 178.

This forum is a lot quieter than my old one... but it's my anchor. When I'm "on", I'm here. when I'm not here, it probably means I'm in too much pain to function. (Bad knees suck.)
You're right. Pain sucks. Being on plan can suck. Being off plan can, too. But Barb is right. Keep coming back, and as the Friends of Bills say, "Keep coming back, it works if you work it."

Also, start a journal.
  #4   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 11:40

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

This is great advice. I started out on the old Protein Power forums. They were so helpful to me at the time, and I still miss them. Still, when I needed to re-focus, I sought out other LC forums and have been coming here off and on since 2003.

Having someone to cheer you on or a shoulder to cry on (who's been there, done that) always keeps you going another day!
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 11:51

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

This has been my one and only home. Sometimes full time crazy job has taken me away, but I come back because I do best when I can pop in, put my weights in, and then focus on the rest of my day.

Just dont quit trying.
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 11:59

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Just dont quit trying.

This is exactly right Arielle, never quite trying and we will get there,
headed in the right direction!!
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 17:02

Plan: Atkins/General LC
Stats: 240.0/167.2/155 Female 5 '9"
BF:36/29.5/25
Progress: 86%

*chuckles*

Been having a couple "bad pain" weeks. Still on plan, still doing my daily weigh-ins (and watching the weight go up, as the swelling does, too), and not really giving a darn, because I know I'm doing what I need to. )

Sometimes, when I know I'm shrinking but my weight is rising, and I know that stupid knee is to blame, I go quiet with frustration. (Like when I "gained" 2 pounds while fasting last week. That ain't nuthun but water, and I know it, but that water's keeping me from seeing what my actual progress looks like.)

So I get annoyed, and all grumpy-bear, and anti-social in general for a while.

And I stick to plan....

... and I come back when I'm fit for humans. Sometimes, I just need to prop that sucker up, curl up with a book, a blanket, and a cup of tea, and hide from everyone.
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 18:28

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiterateGr
*chuckles*

Been having a couple "bad pain" weeks. Still on plan, still doing my daily weigh-ins (and watching the weight go up, as the swelling does, too), and not really giving a darn, because I know I'm doing what I need to. )

Sometimes, when I know I'm shrinking but my weight is rising, and I know that stupid knee is to blame, I go quiet with frustration. (Like when I "gained" 2 pounds while fasting last week. That ain't nuthun but water, and I know it, but that water's keeping me from seeing what my actual progress looks like.)

So I get annoyed, and all grumpy-bear, and anti-social in general for a while.

And I stick to plan....

... and I come back when I'm fit for humans. Sometimes, I just need to prop that sucker up, curl up with a book, a blanket, and a cup of tea, and hide from everyone.

You know, there are foods that actually add to the inflammation problems. They can create it too. Look up foods that are high in histamines or cause a histamine response.
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-19, 07:42

Plan: LC--Atkins
Stats: 195/162/150 Female 62in
BF:
Progress: 73%

Not sure how this thread got off into inflammation.

However, I invite you to visit my journal for comment on weight management schemes you pay for.

Bottom line: You don't have to pay for weight management information, inspiration, and motivation. Life is a do-it-yourself project.
  #10   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-19, 07:53

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
You know, there are foods that actually add to the inflammation problems. They can create it too. Look up foods that are high in histamines or cause a histamine response.

You are so right Meme, I found I cannot eat blue cheeses and VERY aged cheddars-- my knuckles blow up with inflammation and pain. Learned that here on this forum!!!!!!! ( Mild cheeses like mozarella, or ricotta are fine for me)

This forum has been a God-send. Lots of friendlies, and solid information.
  #11   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-19, 09:33

Plan: Custom 22/2 Clean Fast
Stats: 290/258/210 Male 72.5
BF:
Progress: 40%

I have only been on this site. I hate the facebook sites. I love the small group of people here that really show me that it can be done. people actually live the LC life here and show the proof. Facebook is full of people that want to be LC and lose the weight but try to find away to eat LC ,but make all the foods they like LC style. Just doing it normal and trying to make look alike LC foods.
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Feb-28-19, 18:20

Plan: Atkins & IF / TRE
Stats: 000/000/000 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 97%

LCHFMP (moderate protein) coupled with IF / TRE.
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-19, 13:34

Plan: Banting
Stats: 302/187/187 Male 175cm
BF:
Progress: 100%

+1 for this forum community.

I've been part of various newsgroups and online forums since the mid 90s when the internet was still in its relative infancy. But they were all on other subjects like computers and computer games, etc.

When I first started to gain some momentum of my own with lowcarb about 3 years ago, I began looking around for more and more online resources that could help me on my way. A random Google search one lunchtime at work led me here, and I've pretty much been here ever since.

This community has the best of everything. It's international, it's low-key, yet it's knowledgeable and experienced, some of us with direct connections to some of the big names in the world of low carb, and every now and then one of those big names themselves will even stop by.

But above all else, it's SUPPORTIVE. The overall vibe here is friendly and positive, yet not so blind as to completely lack sceptism. The trolls and bots are practically non-existent, so that's a big thumbs up to the moderators.

It's that supportive nature that has kept me here. I got all the support that I felt I needed on my own journey, and am happy to play my part in paying that support forward whenever I can.
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Mar-01-19, 15:10

Plan: Atkins/ carnivore
Stats: 302/270/190 Male 72
BF:
Progress: 29%

A new strategy for me has been combining LCHF with IF. For some reason doing 16/8 has made it much easier to stay on plan. This is my standard and then I throw in a 24 on the weekend.
  #15   ^
Old Wed, Jan-01-20, 04:17

Plan: Keto, LC, IF
Stats: 231/220/165 Female 155cm
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_man
A new strategy for me has been combining LCHF with IF.

Agreed. The structure of time restricted eating has helped me create good eating habits. I was already just having a meal replacement shake for breakfast, so have swapped this out for BPC at about 9am.

My husband is not yet ready to give up carbohydrates but he is starting to improve his eating habits with 16:8. (He is becoming more motivated as he sees me lose weight and jump out of bed in the morning with lots of energy.)