Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Kitchen: Low-Carb Recipes > Kitchen Talk
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#136   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-20, 10:03

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

So much fir emptying freezer... the produce is coming in and filling it up. lol
Sponsored Links
  #137   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-20, 10:35

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

I've been doing fairly well eating from the freezer, but DH wanted ribs from the grill for the 4th, so I had to by the ribs. But I did roast a chicken out of the freezer last week, and got several salads out of it, as well as 3 quarts of chicken stock.
  #138   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-20, 15:45

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

I get raspberries on those two for one sales, distributed them flat throughout a gallon bag, and the next morning I have bite-sized popsicles.

Really good!
  #139   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-20, 16:05

BF:

Frozen berries are the best, esp red raspberries !!!!
  #140   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-20, 16:56

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

I still have blueberries in my freezer from the farmer’s delivery I got a couple months ago. I love them. I’m trying to vary my proteins. Yesterday I had grass-fed ground beef. The day before it was shrimp. I just took a pound of chicken livers out of the freezer to have for tomorrow. Not sure about the next day yet.

I’ve not been as good as eating of of my freezer as it’s so easy now to get next-day curbside pickup at Walmart so I’m constantly buying new stuff now rather than eating what I have. It’s mostly all meats so maybe I should just avoid meats in my grocery orders for a while. But I do get those yens for shrimp.
  #141   ^
Old Mon, Jul-06-20, 18:21

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
I still have blueberries in my freezer from the farmer’s delivery I got a couple months ago. I love them. I’m trying to vary my proteins. Yesterday I had grass-fed ground beef. The day before it was shrimp. I just took a pound of chicken livers out of the freezer to have for tomorrow. Not sure about the next day yet.

I’ve not been as good as eating of of my freezer as it’s so easy now to get next-day curbside pickup at Walmart so I’m constantly buying new stuff now rather than eating what I have. It’s mostly all meats so maybe I should just avoid meats in my grocery orders for a while. But I do get those yens for shrimp.

You just reminded me of the shrimp I have in the freezer that's peeled but not cooked. So I'm just boiling it in the microwave and then making it into the Mexican Shrimp Cocktail.
  #142   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-20, 03:13

Plan: EF/Fung IDM/keto
Stats: 375/225.4/175 Female 66.5 inches
BF:
Progress: 75%

So much for freezer emptying. I remembered that today is $10 pizza day at Papa Murphy’s and I love their keto pizzas. (All the toppings served in a dish, no crust). Haven’t had one in a while and I have a yen for the chicken artichoke. So I’m ordering pizza today and the chicken livers went back into the freezer for another time. 😉
  #143   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-20, 05:29

BF:

ROFL......that must be some good pizza!!!!

Like you, I have no trouble putting meat back into freezer.
  #144   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-20, 05:30

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merpig
So much for freezer emptying. I remembered that today is $10 pizza day at Papa Murphy’s and I love their keto pizzas. (All the toppings served in a dish, no crust). Haven’t had one in a while and I have a yen for the chicken artichoke. So I’m ordering pizza today and the chicken livers went back into the freezer for another time. 😉

I've never heard of Papa Murphy's before - didn't realize anyone was making crust-less pizza like that commercially. I've been making "un-pizza" like that for quite a while, since the toppings are what I really like about pizza. The toppings have all the flavor - the crust is just an unnecessary carrier to hold the toppings.
  #145   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-20, 11:47

Plan: Atkins DANDR
Stats: 210/194/160 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 32%

Searching the freezer this morning because I am out of bacon

I found a 4pk of sausage on a stick which said it's award winning so I found a flat cast iron tortilla cooker thingie that I haven't used in 20 years, cleaned it up, oiled it and put in the oven to cure a little. Now I'm baking the sausages on that. The flat tortilla thing is like a round griddle with a rim around the edge to hold in the fat dripping off of the sausage.
I'm so glad I found this thing again.
You never know what you have in the back of cabinets when you've been in a home for 30+ years
  #146   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-20, 14:03

BF:

lol. We found lamb packaged in 2002 bottom of freezer.

Boys pulled out steaks to grill last night.

This morning used frozen spinach to make a veggie breakfast item. Used 4 zuccini and bit of bacon....

topping.....
yogurt 1/4 cup
garlic 4 scapes
frozen spinach 1/2 cup crushed frozen leaves
generous on blk pepper
pinch salt
lots parmesan 3-4tablespoons
Dried chili pepper flakes 1tsp

Slice small zucchini in half long wise and then in half.
Top each section of squash with topping, about 2 tsp each.

Top with small slices bacon, 1/2 x 1", 2 pcs per each pc zucchini.

Assemble on rimmed sheet oan, bake 350 about 40minutes.

Teens ate it !!
  #147   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-20, 01:35
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Now that I'm working full time again, it's time to make good on the extra cooking/shopping I did during my 6-month layoff and eat down the freezer. Yesterday, I re-did the whiteboard on my fridge that reminds me of what's in the chest freezer. Said freezer, we've had for 2 or 3 years now, IIRC. We 'inherited' it from my B/SIL. It's starting to get an ice/snow buildup, so I'd like to empty it, defrost it and clean it out.

What I need to use up from there: a couple packs of chicken wings, a pork tenderloin that's starting to resemble an Arctic core sample ( ), a bag of scallops, pork cooked in broth (love those .89/lb pork shoulder sales), pork broth from the same pork shoulder, and some tomato puree. My goal is to do it by my Christmas layoff.
  #148   ^
Old Tue, Oct-13-20, 07:36

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%

I'm focused on emptying my freezer by November 3 because I have to have the house tented for termites and the less food in the freezer (and fridge and house in general) the less prep work there is. Last week, I cooked one of the two turkeys that were in the freezer. The week before, I cooked the 5# of chicken wings. That leaves me with: a turkey, a duck, a package of shrimp, a package of mixed seafood, one small log of frozen ground beef, some packages of frozen veggies, a couple of frozen patties (salmon burgers I think) and a couple of one-off wrapped chicken thighs. This is totally doable by November 3. I think. Speaking of which ... I guess I need to start defrosting the turkey when I get home this evening. Then I can cook it this weekend.
  #149   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-20, 04:18
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine waaaaay back in Oct
(My chest freezer) is starting to get an ice/snow buildup, so I'd like to empty it, defrost it and clean it out. (...) My goal is to do it by my Christmas layoff.

Greetings from Failureville, where Kristine is now on Christmas layoff but only used up one or two things.

Okay, not quite true - there's lots more space now in the upstairs freezer, and I can still empty out the chest freezer whenever I decide to clean it. I've also gotten better at meal planning and rotating stuff in the freezer. I give myself a C+.

I might wait for a really cold day and if there's anything left in it, we'll put it in the car.
  #150   ^
Old Tue, Dec-22-20, 04:38

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristine
Greetings from Failureville, where Kristine is now on Christmas layoff but only used up one or two things.

Hey, this year is definitely graded on a curve!