Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Low-Carb Support Focus Groups > Students & Teens
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Thu, Oct-12-06, 22:08
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/ Stillman's
Stats: 178/166/135 Female 5'5
BF:29%/29%/18%
Progress: 28%
Default Losing the freshman weight

Hey guys, I'm a sophmore premed student who gained 30lbs freshman year. Any other college students out there trying to lose the infamous freshman 15+? Let's support each other through the stress of the school year. Midterms are next week, but I will not cheat!
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Sun, Oct-15-06, 03:29

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4 inches
BF:Fat.Less Fat.Thin.
Progress: 43%

Those freaking 15lbs!

I didn't think I gained any weight during college until I loaded my before picture onto this site a few hours ago.
I would eat like a pint of ice cream a few times a week with my 100lb roommate and just assume I still looked the same.
Yeah...I was wrong!

I'm here for any support you need though! Glad someone is posting in here.
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-06, 20:41
Registered Member

Default Vegetarian battleground!

Hey, thanks for posting. Yeah, I also have a size 2 wearing roommate that eats whatever she wants, but that's okay all the effort will only make the end sweeter! What I'm currently struggling right now with is my cafeteria is VEGETARIAN! So, I have to grocery shop for meat and such. Oh well, at least they have eggs, cheese, a good salad bar for sure, hehe. So, it seems you've been on this for longer than I, is it true all the sugar craving subside after a week? What year are you and what's your major? By the way, I'm here to support you as well!
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Oct-17-06, 22:08

Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4 inches
BF:Fat.Less Fat.Thin.
Progress: 43%

I'm 19, sophomore, business major. Kind of. I've taken like 2 business classes though. I wanna be a journalism major so maybe I'll change it..who knows! LOL.

Yeah..I've been on this since like July but I didn't do very well. Cheating and stuff..I still cheat sometimes but I'm determined to stop.

I don't crave sweet stuff at all really. I didn't even notice it until you asked..I guess it really does go away.
Once I bought a snickers bar and ate half it and felt physically sick. I think your tastes change or something, I just couldn't finish it.

Our cafeteria is like..all carbs. There's an italian place, burger place and another place that is usually carbs and some veggie. Oh, and there's a ice cream bar but I have no desire to eat...:shrug:
  #5   ^
Old Thu, Oct-19-06, 13:31
Registered Member

Talking Thank God for the Gym

Our dorm has a mini gym in the basement, so the other night I had coffee and couldn't sleep, and actually decided to work out until I was tired enough to sleep. I ended up doing the eliptical machine for over an hour....I was jamming with my headphones and some hip hop, and singing at the top of my lungs because there was no one there. It was very fun until I had to wake up in three hours and take a history test, hehe. How are you?
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-19-06, 19:27

Plan: modified Atkins
Stats: 252.4/171.2/166 Female 66 in
BF:40.74/27.63/25
Progress: 94%

I gained 55lbs over the course of my freshman/sophomore year of college. I feel your pain. Well I did... then I lost 75.

You guys can do it!!
  #7   ^
Old Sun, May-27-07, 18:10
Registered Member

Plan: ATKINS
Stats: 202/172/130 Female 5"4
BF:
Progress: 42%
Default up 40

Well i gained 40 pounds during my fresh/sop years I am doing atkins now and have been for about two months i cant wait to get back down to 164 which is what i was in highschool,and then i cant wait to get even lower..my goal is somewhere around 135. im here for support
=)
  #8   ^
Old Tue, May-29-07, 03:54
Registered Member

Stats: 205/194/165 Male 6 feet
BF:

Hello ladies. I also gained the famous "freshman fifteen" during my first year of college. The cafeteria made it easy to overeat on high carb foods, and it didn't help that there was a refrigerator loaded with every variety of 'king size' ice-cream bar you could imagine! Now as a sophomore living off campus I have lost close to 50 lbs. Just visit the gym a few times a week and try not to cheat too often and the lbs will melt away.