Active Low-Carber Forums
Atkins diet and low carb discussion provided free for information only, not as medical advice.
Home Plans Tips Recipes Tools Stories Studies Products
Active Low-Carber Forums
A sugar-free zone

Welcome to the Active Low-Carber Forums.
Support for Atkins diet, Protein Power, Neanderthin (Paleo Diet), CAD/CALP, Dr. Bernstein Diabetes Solution and any other healthy low-carb diet or plan, all are welcome in our lowcarb community. Forget starvation and fad diets -- join the healthy eating crowd! You may register by clicking here, it's free!

Go Back   Active Low-Carber Forums > Main Low-Carb Diets Forums & Support > Daily Low-Carb Support > Semi Low-Carb Plans
User Name
Password
FAQ Members Calendar Mark Forums Read Search Gallery My P.L.A.N. Survey

#1   ^
Old Sun, Jul-12-09, 10:37

Plan: semi low-carb
Stats: 193/193/165 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress:
Default Diff Between Atkins & Eat Fat, Get Thin?

I've done Atkins in the past and had great success with weight-loss on it, however it just really isn't a good long-term plan for me. I've decided that I want to do a semi low-carb plan instead this time. (I've actually been doing weight watchers on and off for the longest time with no results). I've been reading a little about Barry Grove's "Eat Fat, Get Thin" plan and it sounds pretty doable for me. I'm just wondering though, is there any other difference between that plan and the Atkins plan, besides the amount of carbs allowed? I haven't purchased the book yet so I haven't been able to read about the plan in great detail, but from what I've found online, the only difference I can see is that Barry Groves plan allows 60g of carbs per day (and no induction, whoohoo! ) .

Anyone know if there are other differences between the plans or have any other info to share about "Eat Fat, Get Thin"?
Sponsored Links
  #2   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-09, 03:44

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

I have read 'Eat fat get thin' and found it a very sound and informative book. I can't remember enough about the actual plan though.

One possibility would be a do a food combining plan after the style of Hays where you separate carb meals and protein meals. Thsi is working well for me at the moment although I do have more protein than carb meals.
  #3   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-09, 05:43

Plan: Whole food, semi low carb
Stats: 165/165/140 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

RCFletcher, can you share a link that offeres more information on the food combining. I'm not familiar with it and would like to learn more about it.
  #4   ^
Old Fri, Aug-14-09, 07:01

Plan: Food Combining
Stats: 220/175/154 Male 5feet5inches
BF:?/27.5%/19.6%
Progress: 68%

This is the Hay diet which goes back to the 1920 and I think is the original one
www.netfit.co.uk/fatcom.htm

Other versions are the Montiac diet as in his book 'fit for life'.

I believe in the USA the most popular incarnation is "Somersizing"
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-17-09, 18:27

Plan: Mine, all mine
Stats: 160/120/120 Female 5'6"
BF:still got some
Progress: 100%

EFGT has ratios. a certain amt of pro, fat, carb. it's a good plan. have you checked out barry grove second opinion site?